Stat question for ele shamans

I have a question and was hoping for some help...Icy veins and other sites say mastery is bad for ele shamans to go crit haste for top priority well that is what is our stat priority exactly??

I have been going after mostly crit and haste gear but see alot of shamans running mastery as a more top stat

thanks in advance

Deleted
    A generic stat weight pretty much goes Int > Crit > Haste => Vers > Mastery, with haste/versatility getting slightly more valuable the closer you get to around 33/34% crit. That kind of cap is pretty much dependant on you getting all crit gear from mythic EN so don't worry about specific soft caps. Mastery is generally pretty garbage as a stacking stat and it's made a little better with the Elemental Overload Artifact talent (which should be your 31st point taken if you're talenting correctly). I've rarely seen my stat weights change from the above as a I gear up.

Deleted
    For 7.1.5 stats change depending on which build you go for.

Deleted
    just a thought: those mastery ele shamans can be playing offspec and be mainly resto shamans.

So what kinda crit haste precents should be aimed for because I am at 35% crit 32% haste and 28% mastery. I have only raided normal em with 2 heroic bosses and I know ele shamans aren't greatest but I feel my dps should be somewhat higher. Currently 855 and average about 185k to 190k

Deleted
    Crit is highest for 7.1.5 icefury build and lowest for ascendancy build

Crit is best, mastery is worse atm, the problem is there is mastery absolutely everywhere. You got a massive chunk on our arty weapons.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery for Elemental doesnt rly work. Looking at Enhancement it buffs almost all aspects of the class, same for lets say Boomkin, but for Shamans it only works for LB and CL, and you can only ever increase the chance to get an Overload, not the percentage of said Overload, which I think is pathetic. It doesnt give any buffs to LvB, ES or any other ability, which is a shame.

Go for a Crit/Haste build and you wont be completely sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    Mastery for Elemental doesnt rly work. Looking at Enhancement it buffs almost all aspects of the class, same for lets say Boomkin, but for Shamans it only works for LB and CL, and you can only ever increase the chance to get an Overload, not the percentage of said Overload, which I think is pathetic. It doesnt give any buffs to LvB, ES or any other ability, which is a shame.

Go for a Crit/Haste build and you wont be completely sad.
    Mastery does work with LvB. It indirectly helps thinks like ES by providing more maelstrom

Tl;dr: The amount of damage Mastery does needs to either scale with the amount we have or affect more spells before it can be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Crit is highest for 7.1.5 icefury build and lowest for ascendancy build
    So people actually use ice fury?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    So people actually use ice fury?
    ???

I have said - 7.1.5 patch. Unless you want to gear just for now and be left with your pants down when 7.1.5 hits live servers

Current Icefury is not good. How Ele is on PTR is actually good.