Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I guess that's because of a soft cap in your reading comprehension skills.

LUCK is not a cap. If you log in tonight and get 10 legendaries you won't write complaint posts. You are not restricted from getting 10 tonight. Your rng is intact. Not having a buff isn't a cap.

- - - Updated - - -

You can play tons of times Ulduar and never get Mimiron's Head does this mean there is a soft cap?
    Good God, you are obviously wrong and multiple people are calling you out for it. Accept it.

"What we genuinely did not anticipate was just how much some of the very most dedicated players would play, mainly in pursuit of Artifact Power."

Really? After 12 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Kanael View Post
    Kinda wished the legendary system for WoW is you get a 'legendary token' from 'high-level activities' and you trade these to a 'legendary vendor' so that you can pick what legendary you want. Some legendary are freaking OP and (I'm not kidding) my guild is trialling a new ret pally in my raid grp and he has the 2 best legendaries and I'm behind his DPS (things are looking really bleak indeed).
    I could get behind something like this.

So they read the Exorsus statement. Progress

Can we put all the idiots that claimed "there's no soft-cap stop whining" in a line and /point and /lol now?

After multiple times Blizz was caught red-handed in just this expansion no less.. talk about elevating brown-nosing to an art.

Excuse me did you read the post or you just rushed in to insult everyone? At no point was it said there was a soft cap all they said was that past 4 normal luck took place without buffs against bad luck.

Normal luck means you can still win the lottery any time any place but your chance is not buffed.
    That is exactly what a "soft" cap means. A hard cap would be direct code preventing someone from having more than 4. A soft cap would be some indirect barrier or plateau making it harder to obtain more than 4. Not having bad luck protection is a soft cap. That's why soft/hard is used for stats. A soft cap for haste would make getting more inefficient than what you got already. A hard cap would be an actual prevention of any further haste from changing what you have.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanael View Post
    Kinda wished the legendary system for WoW is you get a 'legendary token' from 'high-level activities' and you trade these to a 'legendary vendor' so that you can pick what legendary you want. Some legendary are freaking OP and (I'm not kidding) my guild is trialling a new ret pally in my raid grp and he has the 2 best legendaries and I'm behind his DPS (things are looking really bleak indeed).
    Cool, isn't it?

I have 3 legendaries and they're all garbage, on my warrior.

Meanwhile Arms Warrior with Gloves and Ring pull an extra 40k DPS. Minimum.

It's impossible they didn't think the community wouldn't give priority to people with High DPS legendaries over utility garbage legendaries.

Whats the cap called that allows you to have zero legendaries? Can we remove this first?

Well call it what you want there is no actual cap you are still free to be extremely lucky. A cap would be "after 4 we REDUCE your chance" (action taken). Instead, after 4 you go normal chance and everyone else has chance to catch up.
    That is the definition of a softcap.

A softcap doesn't mean "you can't go beyond this point no matter what", it means "past this point, further progress is harder/slower/less effective".

For instance, specs which have their GCD reduced by haste have a softcap on haste-- once they reach a 1 second GCD, their GCD can't go any lower. Haste continues to have a benefit beyond that point-- it'll increase attack speeds, cast times, and reduce the cooldowns of certain abilities, but its value diminishes.

This is distinct from a hardcap, which is when progress past a certain point simply isn't possible (or provides no further benefit). Crit, for instance, has a functional hardcap at 100%-- once you're critting on every attack, there is no benefit to getting more of it. Similarly, if they decided to make it so that you simply couldn't get higher than 20% crit, then the hardcap would be 20%.

It's also possible for something to have both a softcap and a hardcap. Going back to the crit example above, let's say that they made it so that once you get more than 10% crit, each subsequent point of crit rating provides half of its normal value. You would then have a softcap at 10% and a hardcap at 20%.

So how does this benefit those people that still dont have one? This only seems to benefit those entitled,ungrateful shits that have 4. GG Blizzard

Still doesnt fix the issue that i have 1 legendary after 20 days /played.
    Utility Bracers.
    Practically useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    So how does this benefit those people that still dont have one?
    It doesn't, and it's not supposed to. This is a change aimed at people who obtained four legendaries without obtaining the "good ones" (or got offspec legendaries).

Three Post regarding Legendary's in 1 week?. Those subs most be declining hardcore eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Muspelheim View Post
    It doesn't, and it's not supposed to. This is a change aimed at people who obtained four legendaries without obtaining the "good ones" (or got offspec legendaries).
    Had I known this was in place I would've targeted legendaries differently.

wow, just wow... despite the honest answer it's actually pretty sad see this. How many hours people spent for nothin? What the fuck blizz?

Deleted
    What he defines as soft-cap, is not what you defined as soft-cap. Most people were rambling how you could not possibly get more than 4 legendaries, which was obviously not true.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how everyone is offended by this when it had no affect on them whatsoever and was changed before it did.

This was a problem for a couple hundred of the biggest no lives in history who ran literally over a thousand mythic plus dungeons since 7.1 launched and no one else.

What a joke.
    The systems is still horrible, soft cap or not.

Many of us still have no usable legendaries despite clearing all raid content, opened every emissary box since day one and hundreds, if not thousands of mythic+ cleared.
    Make us able to target these like you said you would.

Really blizz? Takes a top guild statement to come out and fix something like this? The people who did 1000+ mythic+ sure ain't getting that time back. Glad Im not one of them.

Message to top guilds if you see something broken complain about it sooner =P

This is a nice change, but how about you get rid of the chance to get the same legendary twice. I was so excited the other day when orange popped up on my screen on to realize its the same terrible neck I was wearing. This was honestly one of the most depressing thing that has happened to me since I started playing at release.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromica View Post
    This is a nice change, but how about you get rid of the chance to get the same legendary twice. I was so excited the other day when orange popped up on my screen on to realize its the same terrible neck I was wearing. This was honestly one of the most depressing thing that has happened to me since I started playing at release.
    And that is different from having your BIS trinket drop again how?