Page 29 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Oh, come off it.

When people hadn't even voted yet, claims of vote tampering were imaginary nonsense. Which is why it was deemed ridiculous conspiracy theorization; the votes hadn't even happened yet, so there were absolutely no grounds to claim that kind of voter fraud.

That's not the case now, and the issue is only in a few counties. Double-checking their results, when they have systems intended to let you do just that, is not a ridiculous idea. And it's not comparable to the fearmongering by Trump's side beforehand, because this is a reaction to actual results, whereas Trump's wharrgarble was about his own fantastical imagination.
    The paper that was linked in the Hillary thread, showed the same if not greater discrepancy in exit poll data (in the primaries), and it was dismissed out of hand as "not peer reviewed". But people that have said this, have also, in this thread, the same people, are calling it vote tampering and needing to be investigated.

That's what I find highly suspect and ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    No I read the entire thing and it is one giant right-wing dog whistle. Lots of provisional ballots cast, and btw california has extremely lenient voting laws, oh and did I mention the illegals going from polling place to polling place voting?

Its pretty damn obvious what they want their fellow right-wingers to believe is happening. So yes my post is spot on.
    You are fucking insane. It is California citizens explaining how lenient California is and giving a plethora of examples. Fucking wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    The news is some group having found possible evidence (not proof!) that votes might have been tampered with, and recounting might be warranted. That's not a conspiracy.

(And I cringe so hard every time I see this hard-on to get to Endus. It's like he represents the "big man", and you have to fight him to show you have the balls. Goes for many people in here).
    Have you not read this thread? This is in no way shape or form what is happening here. People are saying it has, not that there may.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Where are the numbers that they use to make this deduction? How do they prove what they're saying?

Because otherwise the statement is about as meaningful as a pile of fresh gerbil entrails.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, this thread is pretty clearly real. We're all engaging in it.
    Well it's a logical view with California's votes still increasing and the way the laws are there. There doesn't need to be some solidified statical analysis you conclude this, especially with ever so angry California lefties. I'm also not a California citizen. However after googling this read all of is is true and makes sense.

There are fees for requesting a recount. That goes to the state in question. To pay their employees I assume. Or should the states just eat it?
    The states are not paying for this at all. Jill Stein is. This is why she had a fundraiser to get the funds to pay for the recounts. She is expecting total bills of 6-7 million dollars total, most of which was raised the last few days.

Hillary Clinton has nothing to do with this. She is effected in the sense that if she ends up winning all three states she becomes the next President. However, this is all Jill Stein's doing. She conducted unofficial recounts of Florida in 2000 and Ohio in 2004 (all paid for by her team), and is now expanding her operations to doing her recounts while the recounts still matter.

Jill Stein has the right to demand (and pay for) a recount due to the fact that she was on the ballot in these states (I think that is the requirement).

The schedule seems to be: The recounts will start next week in Wisconsin, and late next week in Michigan and Pennsylvania. In two weeks or so we'll know the results.
    Last edited by Omega10; 2016-11-25 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Ohio recount was 2004 (Bush-Kerry race), not 2008.

Oh, come off it.

When people hadn't even voted yet, claims of vote tampering were imaginary nonsense. Which is why it was deemed ridiculous conspiracy theorization; the votes hadn't even happened yet, so there were absolutely no grounds to claim that kind of voter fraud.

That's not the case now, and the issue is only in a few counties. Double-checking their results, when they have systems intended to let you do just that, is not a ridiculous idea. And it's not comparable to the fearmongering by Trump's side beforehand, because this is a reaction to actual results, whereas Trump's wharrgarble was about his own fantastical imagination.
    How did someone with no professional ties to the political elite (and whom the political elite apparently despises) manage to perform voter fraud on the levels needed to swing 5 states? If it were someone else, I'd ask whether they really understand how much fraud has to be going on to do that, but frankly I expect that you do know.

This has nothing to do with "deligitimizing Trump". Trump isn't President. The Electoral College has yet to vote. And those counties could have swung the election, so the responsible thing to do is to investigate.

There's no downside, if you're so certain that Trump legitimately won. Letting them investigate would silence the outcry. Trying to block it makes it look like you're deliberately hiding something.
    Endus here is correct. If it checks out ok, it's just another thing for the Trumpsters to brag about...what would you be afreaid of?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    How did someone with no professional ties to the political elite (and whom the political elite apparently despises) manage to perform voter fraud on the levels needed to swing 5 states? If it were someone else, I'd ask whether they really understand how much fraud has to be going on to do that, but frankly I expect that you do know.
    First off...it's 3, not 5 states.

Secondly, who says Trump would be involved? All he did was spread the fear... if enough jackhokes were scared enough to start forming armed armored unconnected militias accross the US, it isn't too far a stretch for 3 paranoid tech doinks to rig the final E-voting tallies.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    First off...it's 3, not 5 states.

Secondly, who says Trump would be involved? All he did was spread the fear... if enough jackhokes were scared enough to start forming armed armored unconnected militias accross the US, it isn't too far a stretch for 3 paranoid tech doinks to rig the final E-voting tallies.
    Which states are people asking for recounts on the basis of electronic voting? Michigan doesn't even use electronic voting machines, and already had done a recount to ensure accuracy, which is why it took MI officials until the 24th to declare a winner (Trump, by barely more than 10k votes; narrowest in state history)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    The states are not paying for this at all. Jill Stein is. This is why she had a fundraiser to get the funds to pay for the recounts. She is expecting total bills of 6-7 million dollars total, most of which was raised the last few days.

Hillary Clinton has nothing to do with this. She is effected in the sense that if she ends up winning all three states she becomes the next President. However, this is all Jill Stein's doing. She conducted unofficial recounts of Florida in 2000 and Ohio in 2004 (all paid for by her team), and is now expanding her operations to doing her recounts while the recounts still matter.

Jill Stein has the right to demand (and pay for) a recount due to the fact that she was on the ballot in these states (I think that is the requirement).

The schedule seems to be: The recounts will start next week in Wisconsin, and late next week in Michigan and Pennsylvania. In two weeks or so we'll know the results.
    Is it actually going forward? I've not kept up with conspiracies in a while. If so, great. Both sides will need to accept the outcome, including Trump supporters and Clinton supporters. Once it's done, people can finally move on. The wins were by such a small margin it'll be silly not to do it. Gore only won the popular vote by what? 550k, whereas Clinton has passed the 2mil mark. So let them contest the election and then move on.

But, if somehow a recount gives the 3 states to Clinton, you can rest assure Trump and co. will be rioting much much worse than what's seen now (are people still protesting pointlessly?). It'd be mayhem if suddenly the White Nationalists couldn't run the country but hey, that's not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    seeing as each state would have to be convinced separately and at this time there is no evidence of actual foul play...
    The states each have a procedure for a recount - that is (as far as I understand) being followed.

As indicated before the worst outcome would be to perform a recount in one state - find that there was foul play influencing the result - and not do a recount in the other states, since that result wasn't challenged in time: basically knowing that the election was hacked - and still using it. That will not be the case as far as I understand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    Tell me if I'm a victim of those mythical 'fake news', but aren't there already investigations going on about the exact same issue, except voting fraud was meant to favour her? Meanwhile you need to raise milion to even get an opposite case considered...
    Republicans often cry out about voter fraud, but have never had any evidence except facebook news written by armenians to get easy money from gullible people.

Which states are people asking for recounts on the basis of electronic voting? Michigan doesn't even use electronic voting machines, and already had done a recount to ensure accuracy, which is why it took MI officials until the 24th to declare a winner (Trump, by barely more than 10k votes; narrowest in state history)
    Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania.

According to
    https://medium.com/@jhalderm/want-to...0ba#.f4iipzjk6
    the first two primarily use electronic vote counting machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    The news is some group having found possible evidence (not proof!) that votes might have been tampered with, and recounting might be warranted. That's not a conspiracy.
    It is a conspiracy. "Oh herp derp 7% off from paper ballots QQ recount"
    This is getting ridiculous, yet still very entertaining watching everyone implode over President-Elect Trump.

I think Jill Stein wants new granite countertops.

Deleted
    Hillary didnt contest it because she knows that, if anything, a recount would give more votes to Trump, not her (like Gore vs Bush, Bush actually gained).
    Jill Stein is just doing it for visibility purpose hoping to get more votes next time from the clueless leftist screaming around the country.
    Both Nate Silver and Nate Cohn (both democrats btw) on their twitter pretty much laughed at Stein & co claims showing they have no basis to contest the election.

Get over it, Trump won and will be president, deal with it and be quiet.

Is it actually going forward?
    Deadline are, if I am not mistaken, are Friday for Wisconsin, and Monday of next week for one of the other states and Wednesday for the other. So we'll know about Wisconsin in less than 24 hours, and the other two states early next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    Hillary didnt contest it because she knows that, if anything, a recount would give more votes to Trump, not her (like Gore vs Bush, Bush actually gained).
    Jill Stein is just doing it for visibility purpose hoping to get more votes next time from the clueless leftist screaming around the country.
    Both Nate Silver and Nate Cohn (both democrats btw) on their twitter pretty much laughed at Stein & co claims showing they have no basis to contest the election.

Get over it, Trump won and will be president, deal with it and be quiet.
    Don't compare Bush vs Gore with Trump vs Clinton. Clinton has damning and linked evidence against her for voter corruption and she has not asked for a recount herself (as you stated).

Bush cheated Florida and Gore wanted a recount. The Supreme Court (by a 5-4 vote) FORCED the Florida Supreme Court to cancel the standard procedure recount under a bogus claim that "it would've caused chaos".

2000 was a dark time for America, and then like pure karma, 2001 happens. If the recount happened back then we would've avoided so much pain, suffering, and disappointment for 16 years. Maybe it would've even drove America to "drain the swamp" back in 2000 just enough to undo everything Bush and Clinton foundation set into motion.

Trump winning presidency is the karma buildup of 8-terms of political corruption. America (at least the people who care about being American) can no longer afford "political correctness" and nepotism. It's time for politicians to find real jobs and suffer like all the Americans who had their jobs thrown overseas do.

Let the flakes who would sooner jump ship expose themselves. It just makes it easier to write them out of history. This includes Jill Stein who was so willing to damn Hillary during the election but as soon as it's over, Jill somehow gets millions of dollars to start (indirectly) damning Trump.

It looks like Jill Stein is a female Bernie. Her reason for recount changes the more money she gets. Bernie had no problem submitting after he got all that money from Clinton foundation. People like that are the reason crony Jew jokes will never go out of style.

Where's the Supreme Court trying to stop Jill Stein? She doesn't even have a case for Michigan. PA recount won't change the electoral and will likely only reveal how many people actually didn't vote. I can't even find any relevant information about Wisconsin.

Yes let's worry about the states Trump won, instead of California that gatewayed illegals to vote. Good job Jill. Really securing voter integrity.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2016-11-25 at 10:00 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania.

According to
    https://medium.com/@jhalderm/want-to...0ba#.f4iipzjk6
    the first two primarily use electronic vote counting machines.
    Michigan uses no electronic ballots. It's all paper. Pennsylvania and Wisconsin use electronic voting, but the burden of proof falls on the accusers that foul play occurred in those states. Worse for Clinton, Pennsylvania was lost by a >1% margin; it'd be far and away the largest voter fraud committed in US history, done by someone with zero support from the political officials you'd need to stuff that ballot box. Oh, and the deadline to request a recount is this Monday.

Michigan uses no electronic ballots. It's all paper. Pennsylvania and Wisconsin use electronic voting, but the burden of proof falls on the accusers that foul play occurred in those states. Worse for Clinton, Pennsylvania was lost by a >1% margin; it'd be far and away the largest voter fraud committed in US history, done by someone with zero support from the political officials you'd need to stuff that ballot box. Oh, and the deadline to request a recount is this Monday.
    From what I understand it isn't a matter of voter fraud. It's a matter of possible vote tampering. This is a key difference if you're going to insist on discussing it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    From what I understand it isn't a matter of voter fraud. It's a matter of possible vote tampering. This is a key difference if you're going to insist on discussing it.
    One would have to prove both motive (a given, in fairness) and opportunity (much, much harder.)

10+ Year Old Account
    One would have to prove both motive (a given, in fairness) and opportunity (much, much harder.)
    Well, no. They don't need to prove either. They'd need those two things to convict a particular individual of doing the tampering, but just to prove that there was tampering? That's much easier.

It's the difference between proving who murdered someone (for which you need motive and opportunity), and finding a dead body. We're pointing out there's a bad smell coming from that storage unit, and want to take a look just to be sure it's NOT a dead body.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Yes let's worry about the states Trump won, instead of California that gatewayed illegals to vote. Good job Jill. Really securing voter integrity.
    Jill is trying to ride a wave of popularity to relevancy.

It's rather pathetic. I'm glad I didn't waste my vote on her.