Damage-proc trinkets

Soo, I assume most people are aware by now that simulationcraft is completely off in regards to most of the damage-proccing trinkets for arms (due to scaling with our mastery and some of them able to crit on top of that). Has anyone done any proper comparisons between them from actual logs? From my own experience and logs spiked counter-weight has been consistently outperforming spontanous appendages so that's what I've been running, but with some new gear I don't need the haste as much anymore and am trying to see if there are better options.

Sadly haven't gotten my hands on a terror-bound nexus to try out, but it seems to be a much better option, especially with doing aoe damage too, but hesitant with how well it actually works with movement and making the procs actually hit? Anyone got any good experience with it? Or any other damage-proccing trinkets that are overlooked due to sims for that matter :P

(Please don't link the compendium btw, that's kind of the opposite of helping as far as trinkets goes :P)

go terrorbound + appendages!

unless you have a mastery stat stick that is 10 ilvls or more over those they will out outperfom anything else

i've tested at least 10 trinkets and i can confirm any sim that rates those two the highest

so i'd go with 860 appendages (slightly) > 860 TN = 870 mastery stick

All I have is an 850 Appendages (bad il'gynoth being bad), and my 860 spiked counterweight has in my experience been a far superior option. Also got an 880 Nightbane trinket (strength mastery), so mainly looking at what to aim for to replace the counterweight with : /

thought spiked counterweight was nearly the worst trinket in the game? because of its awful proc rate

Deleted
    Terrorbound nexus is just awful when it comes to procs. On ST fight it is usually 1-2,5% of my dmg, with record set on 4,6%. For few days now I am using Spiked counterweight, which made 8,2% on Ursoc for me two days ago. I was farming Arcways like 50 times for good Nexus, only to find out that the proc is just horrible - maybe they ninja nerfed it, who knows. I have also Ursoc's rending paw to compare, but from my experience as Arms you have too low basic crit to make proc count and usually it's dmg is quite low. Keep in mind I am only talking about Procs and completely ignoring stats on those trinkets.

From my testing the best trinkets seem to be Appendiges, Arcano Crystal and Angerboda. I used to run with Counterweight to make the haste cap and the issue is that it just doesn't proc often enough and is only good for single target. I also have a mastery stat trinket (855 + socket) that I use for AOE (with great success).

When it comes to targetted cooldown burst then pure stat sticks are the best (or Horn of Valor) since most of your damage will be focused around a specific time window, if you get no procs during that window (not only is it possible, but it's quite likely/probable) then those proc trinkets are useless. Of course that is speaking from a situational point of view, in the general sense the proc trinkets are very good, and as I mentioned from my personal testing the first 3 I listed are my preferred.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Yeah, the only good for single target part is what's mainly making me want something different, and also feel hesitant about picking up an appendages if a good one finally drops, since it's pretty much the same deal there. Would've loved an arcanocrystal, but of course didn't have any luck despite the extra week of coining. Guess I'll just have to hope Odyn drops me a mastery stick and make do with whatever show in the meantime, if terrorbound nexus isn't worth farming : /

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uthan View Post
    Yeah, the only good for single target part is what's mainly making me want something different, and also feel hesitant about picking up an appendages if a good one finally drops, since it's pretty much the same deal there. Would've loved an arcanocrystal, but of course didn't have any luck despite the extra week of coining. Guess I'll just have to hope Odyn drops me a mastery stick and make do with whatever show in the meantime, if terrorbound nexus isn't worth farming : /
    Just to add - Appendages have MUCH more stable proc than Nexus and usually it's about 4-5% of my dmg done so they are definitely worth picking as flat mastery is also really good.

Deleted
    Single Target -> Appendages and on Mythic+ Nexus is amazing when adds stay still