Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titmeister View Post

Im gonna tell my kids when they turn 5.
    Gonna save me a hell lot of money.
    Just because Santa isn't real mean that you're off the hook.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    But Santa is real. Those presents with his name on it make it to the bottom of the tree every year. Just because he doesn't write them doesn't mean he doesn't exist. If he didn't exist they would say Mom or Dad in that little section. There are a lot of things that aren't real that still effect us, like excitement, joy, depression. Just because Generosity doesn't put on a big coat and climb down your chimney doesn't make generosity any less real. Thanks to Santa kids likely receive millions of gifts they wouldn't have otherwise gotten if he didn't. There would be less Christmas decorations, and less awesome puppet movies. Santa is real, as he has a measurable effect on the world.

Santa is not ....... real??????

Wa wa wa???????? Next, you'll be saying the Easter Bunny isn't real. I know he's real. Really real.

Good prep for force feeding them The Big Lie.

Deleted
    FYI the "zwarte pieten" got paid in pepernoten and free lodging and were allowed to exercise, have fun and play music.
    Doesn't sound like slaves to me

I always knew but it seemed to make my mom happy to pretend I didn't. One time my grandparents took me to see Santa at the mall and after I asked my Grandma if that was my great grandpa. She denied it but it was :P

I told my daughter there was no santa, Easter bunny and tooth fairy near the end of 4th grade. She was beginning to ask questions, the kids at school were spoiling it so I wanted to be the one to break the news to her in a gentle way. I waited for the big holidays, like Christmas to be over and told her.

Being a poor immigrant from a country that doesn't celebrate Christmas at all, my parents never allowed me to entertain the idea that Santa was real. While I suppose it might have been fun to live that fantasy for a few years, I feel like you can still enjoy the spirit and pageantry of Christmas without believing in Santa, or Jesus for that matter, and there's also the extra little bonus of thinking you're smarter than all those other dumb kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    since childhood
    i always knew they were lying about easter bunny and santa
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    apparently, his red and white suit comes from the red and white shrooms people tripped on that made the original myth, and the magical reindeer were caribou that ate the shrooms and tripped balls.
    Wasn't he originally green? And after coca cola "appropriated" him he became red?

Thankfully my parents never bothered. Though I have had other lies that have strained our relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    But Santa is real. Those presents with his name on it make it to the bottom of the tree every year. Just because he doesn't write them doesn't mean he doesn't exist. If he didn't exist they would say Mom or Dad in that little section. There are a lot of things that aren't real that still effect us, like excitement, joy, depression. Just because Generosity doesn't put on a big coat and climb down your chimney doesn't make generosity any less real. Thanks to Santa kids likely receive millions of gifts they wouldn't have otherwise gotten if he didn't. There would be less Christmas decorations, and less awesome puppet movies. Santa is real, as he has a measurable effect on the world.
    Starting with the conclusion and only searching for evidence in favor of it, I could see it. You see him at the mall, see the presents with his name on them, and somebody is eating your cookies and milk. There's even a global santa tracker! No way that could all be nonsense!
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-11-26 at 07:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Wasn't he originally green? And after coca cola "appropriated" him he became red?
    nah, coke just made him fat and jovial.

http://inhabitat.com/santa-and-the-s...-of-christmas/

You should all watch Hogfather.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0765458/

It doesnt matter if its real or not, its the message.
    I know, Christmas this day and age is all about presents but there is a story behind this.
    And this is the magic, you have to believe the small lies so the bigger have a standing foot.

PS:
    Christmas Miracle for example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_truce

Unlike many people.

I simply accepted Santa Claus as a fictional story I was told when I was a kid,
    and was a sincere attempt on my parents' end to try and make the holiday more magical for me.

When you grow up, you abandon fictional beliefs and accept reality.
    You don't cling to them or twist them into some kind of mistrust.
    Or, you're supposed to.
    Sadly, the overwhelming majority can't let go of a few of the most obvious stories ..
    (Yeah, you know what I'm talking about.)

I dunno what to tell someone if they're upset at their parents for telling them about Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the like. When you're a kid, imagination and wonder are important. You should never even fully abandon them but it's important to grasp the difference between those fictions, their reasons for existing -- and actual reality.

I never bit into the Santa nonsense, but i was shocked, and even felt betrayed the moment my parents told me the tooth fairy wasn't real. I felt like my whole life was a lie at that point, but i was like 6 or something like that so who cares.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I was four or five. I realized how silly the notion of Santa's abilities was and asked my mother if Santa was real. She asked me what I thought and I told her no, at which point she confirmed I was correct. I wasn't upset about it and didn't really care, as whether Santa was real or not had no real impact on anything anyway.
    My experience was exactly this. It hasn't really left any mark on me.

I could certainly see how those who failed to work it out and found out about it from other children at more advanced ages might be a bit scarred, though.

It's an odd practice to fill kids' heads with nonsense in a formative period, during which they are trying to learn how the world works. If one was designing society from the ground up, this wouldn't get included; but it also wouldn't be the first thing to be cut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always prefer blizzards take on santa

makes more sense since he'd have to be super fit to deliver that many presents in one night.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Titmeister View Post

I can see why they didnt keep the black slaves though.
    Kinda fancy clothed for slaves. Sure its not a mandingo party?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

next you guys are gonna tell me that Slash isn't real either

I'm not so much worried about Santa as the whole "God" thing.