Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    What harm can one pipeline do?
    Plenty. It leaks into those rivers it crosses and suddenly you don't have drinking water for weeks to months.

As I mentioned upthread, we had a small (1500 barrels) leak into a river up here a few months ago. Cities and towns over 200 miles down river had to shut down their water intakes for close to a month.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    It's called solar.
    I don't think you have as deep an understanding of solar energy if you think with current tech it's viable everywhere year round. solar panel efficiency plummets in sub prime conditions (yunno like somewhere like north dakota where the panels could just get buried in snow in the winter months)

Deleted
    So, apparently there's this thing called Veterans for Standing Rock, led by (I guess) Wesley Clark Jr., the son of General Wesley Clark Sr., as well as the retired Baltimore police officer, Michael A. Wood Jr., who exposed the systematic racism within the Baltimore PD not long ago.

Note: This video has footage from TYT, but it's not on a TYT channel, so you can safely watch it without having to worry about giving TYT any views.

https://www.gofundme.com/veterans-fo...c8bc764e05b494
    https://www.facebook.com/WesClarkJr/
    http://michaelawoodjr.net/

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Vete...gRock&src=hash

I guess they're planning on getting US military veterans to go to Dakota, to stand for the native people there, and basically to oppose the cops there. This is an interesting turn of events, seeing how much praise is typically sung for military veterans in the US. What happens when two of the factions that get a lot of praise; veterans and cops, go head to head. Whose side do people fall on?

I'm hearing that something will be going down in December, so I guess we'll wait and see. This seemed to be the most recent thread for these protests, so I thought I'd post here rather than make a new one.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-11-13 at 06:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might as well bump this up since the other one is closed.

10+ Year Old Account
    My thread got closed because there is a 2 week old thread on it? Wow...
    What does that accomplish besides squash discussion?

Deleted
    Just construct it already.

If they dare to damage it, throw them in jail.

I think theirs a lot of mis-information coming from both sides. I've had friends that have been their and came back and have told me there are a lot of outside instigators who are committing acts of violence making everything worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    My thread got closed because there is a 2 week old thread on it? Wow...
    What does that accomplish besides squash discussion?
    Did you think you were special and that the existing rules didn't apply to you?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Plenty. It leaks into those rivers it crosses and suddenly you don't have drinking water for weeks to months.

As I mentioned upthread, we had a small (1500 barrels) leak into a river up here a few months ago. Cities and towns over 200 miles down river had to shut down their water intakes for close to a month.
    That would be pretty impressive for the oil to move upstream against the currents to the reservation's water supply...

Indians are really just lucky we let them stay around. A conquered civilization shouldn't have any say in the one that takes over.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I think theirs a lot of mis-information coming from both sides. I've had friends that have been their and came back and have told me there are a lot of outside instigators who are committing acts of violence making everything worse.
    Yeah, the tribe is less than enthused by a lot of the outside protesters because they've been causing a lot of the issues lately.

Tribe has been trying to get a lot of them to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Oh really...... do you believe them?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Oh really...... do you believe them?
    Yes?

I believe my friends over some bullshit TYT articles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Notchris View Post
    Yeah, the tribe is less than enthused by a lot of the outside protesters because they've been causing a lot of the issues lately.

Tribe has been trying to get a lot of them to leave.
    That's what I've read too, the couple friends that I had that went there were pretty upset about how the outside instigators were acting, they went their thinking that the police were just being brutal to innocent protestors, and turns out, that really wasn't the case.

Violent paid protestors cause problems and don't start video taping until after the police respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Indians are really just lucky we let them stay around. A conquered civilization shouldn't have any say in the one that takes over.
    They're American citizens lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    The media has been ignoring this storg but its pretty nasty. LocL law enforcement has been hijacking cell phone signals out of the area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The media has been ignoring this storg but its pretty nasty. LocL law enforcement has been hijacking cell phone signals out of the area.
    You have proof of this I would hope.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    You have proof of this I would hope.
    The fcc has opened an investigation into the alleged use of "stingray" technolodgy. It emulates the microwave towers cell phones typically use.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    They're American citizens lol.
    Because the conquerors felt bad about it. But they talk about it being their land, and having it taken away by the white man, when they should just be happy they were allowed to stay alive and not forced into the ocean like a Disney documentary about lemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Because the conquerors felt bad about it. But they talk about it being their land, and having it taken away by the white man, when they should just be happy they were allowed to stay alive and not forced into the ocean like a Disney documentary about lemmings.
    No, because the US runs jus soli. Their ethnicity has nothing to do with it. Born here, one of us.

Also, you're being racist af.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    No, because the US runs jus soli. Their ethnicity has nothing to do with it. Born here, one of us.

Also, you're being racist af.
    "I don't agree with something someone said. They're racist!"

You tell me. Does a conquered land have any say in the actions of the new rulers? We're just raised to have guilt in us for being superior, which is why we think what our ancestors did is wrong. It isn't. It's the natural course of history throughout all of humanity. Race has nothing to do with it.