Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, I think, here is the origin of that myth (the 5th line):

Has this guy ever made an accurate statement?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It could - and one wonders why it isn't being used that way. Though many involved in politics rarely put their money where their mouths are. Unfortunate but predictable.
    Soros has enough money to do both though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Is that really all there is to it?
    Depending on who you ask there's a lot more but it gets very tin foil hat; depends how much you want to wade into conspiracy wikis.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Is that really all there is to it?
    Basically...Like others have said he has a very liberal mindset by American standards. Yet in the end he is no different than the Koch brothers because he has so much money to burn he gives it to large Liberal PACs like Moveon.org and like the Koch Brothers gives millions to private organizations for general philanthropy.

Most of the issues arise from him depends on how much do you want to go down the rabbit hole with conspiracy theories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Depending on who you ask there's a lot more but it gets very tin foil hat; depends how much you want to wade into conspiracy wikis.
    I've seen his picture used interchangeably with Rothschild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Occasionally.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Bartuck View Post
    It's nost just the Americans who hate Soros, he is a widely known name among Russian fellows who despise him just as much as Michail Sergejewitsch Gorbatschow. There's a reason Russians want him dead or alive.
    There we go. Surprised it took as many posts for this stuff to appear.

Someone feel free to correct me here, but it's his excessive funding and varied political links to left leaning candidates and social movements. The idea is that because he provides such large donations that he has their ear and therefore has political and social sway as an unelected person.
    Donations are an iffy topic. But IIRC donors support candidates they agree with rather than downright changing their behaviour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Basically...Like others have said he has a very liberal mindset by American standards. Yet in the end he is no different than the Koch brothers because he has so much money to burn he gives it to large Liberal PACs like Moveon.org and like the Koch Brothers gives millions to private organizations for general philanthropy.

Most of the issues arise from him depends on how much do you want to go down the rabbit hole with conspiracy theories.
    So I'm guessing that's why I've learned more about the Koch's casually than about Soros, they've actually got a specific idea of what they want, and Soros is basically just a big donor (absent any conspiracy theories).

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I've seen his picture used interchangeably with Rothschild.
    They are both moderately sinister looking old white dudes
    I am the lucid dream

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    http://usuncut.com/politics/voting-m...lection-trump/
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/22/politi...lenge-results/

Is why Jill Stein is seeking funding for the recount. The "who is funding" conspiracy theories on the right AND the left is getting old, who the fuck cares. It's getting funded and Stein has a legal right to ask for a recount. It will likely turn up nothing.

She has stated that she has an interest in a fair democracy which is more than I can see evidence of thus far with a Trump administration. Apparently we can let Ivanka and Trump Jr handle foreign policy for us with their 0 years of foreign policy experience and hire a bunch of lobbyists/campaign donors in key administrative positions, way to go Giant Orange Cheeto.
    She has a right because she was a candidate. Who cares should be everyone because campaign finance laws still apply.

Someone feel free to correct me here, but it's his excessive funding and varied political links to left leaning candidates and social movements. The idea is that because he provides such large donations that he has their ear and therefore has political and social sway as an unelected person.
    Yes, both the left and the right have those types. I think it matters little in a recount process, a wealthy donor can't sway a recount.

Given what's happening now and the right is bitching at the left for being crybabies, and that's the person that they're defending.. You can't write material like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    She has a right because she was a candidate. Who cares should be everyone because campaign finance laws still apply.
    The "who cares" was in regards to whether or not Soros is funding the recount. IMO we should have a mandatory, federally funded recount in every state where voting margins are slim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    I am pretty sure what many past presidents have done they were not legally mandated to do.
    Yes but that doesn't make it right.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't believe this guy is going to be president.

He's going to hurt the Republican party in the long run, that is for sure. If he doesn't completely fuck things up I'll be amazed. Amazed with our founding fathers' design of a clear checks and balances system, that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Given what's happening now and the right is bitching at the left for being crybabies, and that's the person that they're defending.. You can't write material like that.

He's going to hurt the Republican party in the long run, that is for sure. If he doesn't completely fuck things up I'll be amazed. Amazed with our founding fathers' design of a clear checks and balances system, that is.
    I want, really want to believe that this is not his real Twitter account: hard to imagine that an adult can write such things seriously. But then, he's never denied it being his account, so, I guess, the reality is what it looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Honestly, I think it's wishful thinking. The republican party will be fine, if anything I expect they'll find a way to springboard from failed Trump presidency somehow.
    I am the lucid dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George...iracy_theories

That place might help.
    Especially the one about his Nazi-collaboration when he was 10 years old is pretty good.

He's pro support of refugees.
    He just donated 10 million to combat hate crimes.
    Like I said, he's left and yeah.. We all know how much hate that draws on the internet.
    Oh so he's a drug peddling nazi who single-handedly crashed the economy of Malaysia just for money. I think I understand a bit better now thanks.

I think you're giving Trump to much credit, I wouldn't be surprised if it was more like President Pence for 4 years. They'll just spin all their plans as ways to accomplish what he wants.
    Last edited by xChurch; 2016-11-27 at 01:01 AM.

I still have a feeling the Republicans are going to be the ones who do him in. They will use him up until hes a political liability and then bring out the long knives on him. Naturally when he enters office there will be a honeymoon period as they dismantle the Obama legacy. The first /popcorn moment though will come when the debt ceiling debate comes up in March watch all the factions in the Republican party pull out the knives and stab each others political capital to death but that is a topic for another day.

Honestly, I think it's wishful thinking. The republican party will be fine, if anything I expect they'll find a way to springboard from failed Trump presidency somehow.
    We'll see. I don't wish for a failure of a party and I don't want Trump to fail. I want both parties to care about the welfare of everyday Americans, neither the Democrats or the Republicans are doing a very good job of attending to that lately.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    A couple of news sites have made the claim that Soros is funding Stein, given that magically she's coming into more money than she actually raised to run for office. I think myself she's acting as a Clinton pawn as a last ditch effort by the left to cheat a victory out. I mean for all their bellyaching and pissing and moaning, their "Popular Vote" claim is not as valid as they would like to believe. Mitt Romney won popular vote in 2012.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/...r-recount.html

All hopes that Trump extradites Soros to Russia. He's a cancer and needs to be excised.

But hey, we all know what the Left will say if they "alter" the election results by recounting and finding "enough votes were improper" <insert bullshit excuse>, to cheat their way back to the White House. They'll be all "Oh you need to move on blah blah etc etc.". Since you know, only the Left is allowed to raise hell if life doesn't go their way. Is there no way to block a candidate who got 1% from doing this? I honestly expect the results will be tampered with in some material way to change the outcome if this is allowed.
    Do none of y'all Trumpettes really understand the difference between Jill Stein fundraising for herself/her campaign/the Green Party and her raising funds to (In her mind) possibly change the results of the election? They are two wholly different topics entirely.

Yet you guys keep trying to find some kind of way to turn what is happening into some nefarious concoction. Why are you so afraid? Shouldn't you encourage this? Its not your money being wasted, and since you're so assured of Trump's win its just a confirmation of his victory.