Thread: Legendary drops

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Legendary drops

I just read a post about Legendary drops using Player A and Player B as an example. Player A sits around in Stormwind but when he actually ends up in a possible legendary drop dungeon he gets the Legendary drop. Player B works nonstop at the game goes everywhere hoping for the L drop and is unlucky. Blizzards reasoning regarding "getting a raid spot" is foolish. Blizzard says well obviously Player B the 'nonstop worker' will get the spot. Wow what wrong thinking. All raid leaders care about is putting people in the progression raid who are geared and who "put out dps". Besides being a "nonstop worker" you have to be geared and "putting out good dps". It is imaginary to think that the people in the guilds have social relationships where they know their guild members. Sure they know some whoever in real life "still" plays with them but to suggest that when you get in a guild that the officers actually know their guild members and follow their dedication is pushing it at this point in WoW developement. I started in 2004 and yes there was a point where you were able to get into progression based on your dedication and your 'trying' despite the fact that you had no legendaries or great drops but those days are long gone... LONG GONE. Raid Leaders really don't care if you do this or do that . All they look at is your gear and your dps period. But I do see Raid Leaders immediate families being included as well as given titles. So for the most part Blizzard has their collective head in the clouds when it comes to setting up Legendary drops plus having the audacity to suggest that because Player B is a nice guy and dedicated player despite the fact that he is not wearing Legendary anything that the Raid Leader will recognize all that and give him a spot in the progression raid. Please let me know the name of the guilds and Progression Raid Leaders that do that as I would like to apply to those guilds. I love Progression but only the uber geared and uber dps get to go. Period.

Again with this bullshit... People who put in an effort will always outplay slackers who got their lucky legendary and have otherwise crappy gear, they'll know their class, be prepared for raids, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Again with this bullshit... People who put in an effort will always outplay slackers who got their lucky legendary and have otherwise crappy gear, they'll know their class, be prepared for raids, and so on.
    That's actually been shown to be false. The right legendary can boost even a mediocre player above excellent players without. It's stupid, and the entire reason there are complaints in the first place.

7+ Year Old Account
    you will get one just keep playing. system is garbage ofc

You should read the intire post; blizz actually say that the non slacker one will perform better cause instead of scratching his balls he was actually playing the game and learning when to step out of the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    That's actually been shown to be false. The right legendary can boost even a mediocre player above excellent players without. It's stupid, and the entire reason there are complaints in the first place.
    I don't know how you could possibly think that this is true, as simply having a BIS legendary doesn't make you a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    I don't know how you could possibly think that this is true, as simply having a BIS legendary doesn't make you a good player.
    I didn't say that it automatically makes bad players good. I said it makes a MEDIOCRE player perform better than an excellent player without. Reading comprehension.

Or maybe it's simply that I didn't define "mediocre". Lets do that now: A mediocre player is one who has a basic grasp of all the fundamentals of wow. This includes things like not standing in the fire, basic rotations that allow regular DPS, and use of all normal Ui addons such as DBM or a dps meter. This is entry-level stuff, and it's not difficult to learn at all.

Is a highly skilled player going to take less damage in a raid and execute boss mechanics better? Sure! No question there. But you should know by now that FAR too much of a player's performance in a raid is based on gear. There are even gear-check boss fights and mechanics.

So don't sit here and try to tell me that a player can magically overcome the significant boost that some of these legendaries are giving to certain classes and specs. I've read plenty of stories of veteran players who have lost their raid spots to people who got a lucky RNG drop for a perfect legendary. I've read several accounts of players who were keeping up with competitive DPS through sheer skill and practice, only do be utterly dominated on the DPS charts after someone else got a legendary.

The RNG aspect of legendary drops IS a problem.

I never thought the day would come, but I actually agree with you on this.

Deleted
    Especially when you switch from Ret to Prot for the World Boss as you already have 860 variants of the DPS stuff and you want a shot at the relic and you end up getting your first legendary (Ring, Haste+Mastery and 4% less damage when in consecration) right at that moment.

Someone whispered me saying "At least you got BIS ring" yeah great, will be much better for doing world quests in tank mode when I cant find a group.

I already had it.....

Really another one of these threads? How many more do we need?

So if both Player A and Player B mainly do pugs to do raid content, Player B, despite putting in more time and effort, is fucked?

Their reasoning is kinda flawed and they know it.

This is why it's important to not fix what isn't broken.

Sure, the legendaries of previous expansions(MoP and WoD) were pretty boring and still based on RNG, but at least they didn't cause chronic balance issues like in legion and the unbalance was limited to only a few weeks until everyone eventually got them in the end.

At least, you know you will get what everyone else got, and not have to pray you won't get a shitty legendary that will make raid leaders think twice about putting you in their progression team.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    This is why it's important to not fix what isn't broken.

Sure, the legendaries of previous expansions(MoP and WoD) were pretty boring and still based on RNG, but at least they didn't cause chronic balance issues like in legion and the unbalance was limited to only a few weeks until everyone eventually got them in the end.

At least, you know you will get what everyone else got, and not have to pray you won't get a shitty legendary that will make raid leaders think twice about putting you in their progression team.
    I'd take a RNG drop chance any day over that retarded grindfest mixed with weekly lockouts on progress. Blizzard just needs to fix the power disparity between the various legendaries available. Bad Luck Protection will cover the rest.

Its a awful system and they know they got burned by it.

They wanted to bring back WOW items like corrupted ashbringer or benediction. The problem is they want everyone to be able to get it. So rather then a cool and exciting item you just get bland boring shit you have to grind out and pray to rng for.

Honestly, I just wish they would go back to the old system where one class/person at a time got their legendary. No insane grind on every alt just to get into pugs because even normal mode pugs want the legendary which required 3 months time invested, no RNG sephuz for one guy and BIS dps item for another. Just one or two people per raid with their moment to shine, then on to the next class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the legendary system legion has introduced. I think theres alot of people jumping on the bandwagon cause its "cool" to hate it.

Not since TBC have we had that "oh shit" moment when an item you want drops, and you see that orange color and you go omfg. Its a great feeling.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    I like the legendary system legion has introduced. I think theres alot of people jumping on the bandwagon cause its "cool" to hate it.

Not since TBC have we had that "oh shit" moment when an item you want drops, and you see that orange color and you go omfg. Its a great feeling.
    Grreat, so that 30% (the ones that get decent legendaries) can have their "oh wow moment", 70% need to have their "oh fuck you" moment? May the house you build on the misery of others crumble beneath your feet. :P
    The system is awful and there is no way blizzard will ever manage to actually balance legendaries. They can't even manage to balance fucking potions (like old war) to perform similarily for all classes, let alone balance different playstyles within a spec and how legendaries affect them.

Worst part of Legion by far. Only feeling I get is disappointment when i get a useless legendary.Its the worst feeling I have had playing this game. Just disappointment over and over at the end of every dungeon and emissary cache.

I'm kinda confused by why they did it tho. I mean, the whole system including the soft cap, and unconfirmed good luck prevention (the more legendaries you have the less chance you have to get one, which was comically reversed at first) is clearly just to keep people playing but they should have realised that turned out horribly for D3.

Or maybe people are still subbed (angry, clearly, but still subbed) and I am just wrong.