Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    Every single game today someone insta locks hanzo, even in attack. what is everyones obsession with that guy?
    one of the highest dmg per shot characters that can easily insta gib most targets. Also sports a wide area, heavy dmg ult that passes through walls?

I know that's part of the reason why I try and run Hanzo.

Also it's quite funny to pick of people with scattershot when they duck into a room.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    one of the highest dmg per shot characters that can easily insta gib most targets. Also sports a wide area, heavy dmg ult that passes through walls?

Also it's quite funny to pick of people with scattershot when they duck into a room.
    Uhm..it's much simpler than that.....since most hanzo mains suck.

Only reason why genji and hanzo are popular even though 99% of the players can't pull them off is because they both speak Japanese.

If they made a American of the two that version would be played less

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    is because they both speak Japanese.
    I find that reasoning even more ludicrous.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find that reasoning even more ludicrous.
    Japanophiles are real. Weeb is the more common term these days I believe, and they're usually obsessed with anime, manga, and katanas.

If it helps, it's not just speaking Japanese but the whole ninja/samurai aesthetic that is appealing (to some).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Japanophiles are real. Weeb is the more common term these days I believe, and they're usually obsessed with anime, manga, and katanas.
    and i've seen the reaction to apparent asian themes in blizzard games. I find it hard to believe that simply because /japan that hazno gets picked. I'd rank his quiet weapon, area denial tools, long range, wall climbing, and high damage as all more likely reasons than the japanese theme.

10+ Year Old Account

I agree with this and hes good fun to play but literally every single game I played no matter the map, whether we were attacking or defending and no matter what the rest of the comp was someone always picked hanzo and it was driving me insane. He can be good but he is a niche hero, he isint Mcree or 76 who are always useful.

Deleted
    I've just bought the game,pretty lost regarding what I should use against what, also getting obliterated usually

First thing to note...

Symmetra isn't a healer even though all the other support characters are healers. Torbjorn, a defense classed character is a better healer than Symmetra.

10+ Year Old Account
    and i've seen the reaction to apparent asian themes in blizzard games. I find it hard to believe that simply because /japan that hazno gets picked. I'd rank his quiet weapon, area denial tools, long range, wall climbing, and high damage as all more likely reasons than the japanese theme.
    MoP was Chinese themed, not Japanese themed. This is an important distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    MoP was Chinese themed, not Japanese themed. This is an important distinction.
    I think you over estimate the random player's ability to differentiate between 日本 and 你好
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2016-11-27 at 10:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you over estimate the random player's ability to differentiate between 日本 and 你好
    I'd like to think they can, given the historical animosity between those nations. And think about it, the Japanophiles will know the difference, while those aren't so much are much more likely to lump them together.

10+ Year Old Account
    First thing to note...

Symmetra isn't a healer even though all the other support characters are healers. Torbjorn, a defense classed character is a better healer than Symmetra.
    yeah she needs to be switched to defensive.

I play torb as a healer..... so much armor!

- - - Updated - - -

Genji's got a booty like Tracer and Hanzo is a meme

that is why they are popular.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordixlol View Post
    I've just bought the game,pretty lost regarding what I should use against what, also getting obliterated usually
    You'll learn in time. I suggest playing with a friend who's familiar with the game. Get on voice chat, and just ask anything that comes to mind. That's how you learn, ask questions. Or simply experience.

Can also ask here for tips ofcourse. I'm sure people would give their advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since its the off season.... I need more D.Va comics

Deleted
    Enjoying quite a bit, my go to game atm.

7+ Year Old Account
    idk, i just keep loosing and loosing and loosing the last couple of weeks.

gonna take a break.
    thank the light i bought the witcher and AC syndicate.

Formerly known as Arafal

Defense Numbani. Match time: 3:43.
    I get silver damage as Mei with 1500 damage(not tanks or healers), gold medals in everything else xD
    Was a fun game. Not. Atleast it was swift :P

- - - Updated - - -

What are nice counters to Dva? She is really strong in Wood League where I play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    What are nice counters to Dva? She is really strong in Wood League where I play.
    Basically any of the burlier offense heroes; she has a giant head hitbox and doesn't do huge burst damage. She's also probably saving defensive matrix for helping her team (and it doesn't let her fire, so she's just buying time in a 1v1 scenario). Particularly good with heroes who can fight from mid-range, like McCree or Soldier 76; she can't do a lot of damage without being close.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Uhm..it's much simpler than that.....since most hanzo mains suck.

Only reason why genji and hanzo are popular even though 99% of the players can't pull them off is because they both speak Japanese.

If they made a American of the two that version would be played less
    Er, no.

That's not to say that their ethnicity doesn't come into play for some, but you're completely ignoring the fact of in TF2, people would flock to the bow and arrow too, even though it was an Australian who used it, just for the fact that it had a ridiculous headshot range, which Hanzo also has.