Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Caught? Dude they never tried to hide. CTR even has an official website. The problem is that you lot exaggerated the issue and became extremely paranoid about it.
    It was a problem? For who?

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    It was a problem? For who?
    Pretty much anyone who wants to use the internet without people making assumptions and bickering like a 10 year old.

Deleted
    aww no... to see and not believe...

Reddit is a shithole.

Ignoring the obvious ramifications of such a move, it takes immense amount of pettiness to go that far.

What a tool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    You are correct.
    It's incredibly petty to harass the CEO because a conspiracy subreddit was closed for harassing people IRL.
    If you can't take criticism when you are the CEO of a business where users post stuff and talk you should just GTFO or change the business. Would be like Karl Lagerfeld being bitchy because people said his outfit was dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    If you can't take criticism when you are the CEO of a business where users post stuff and talk you should just GTFO or change the business. Would be like Karl Lagerfeld being bitchy because people said his outfit was dumb.
    Calling someone a paedophile with no evidence isn't criticism, and neither is telling someone to fuck themselves, that's just whitewashing what triggered this petty reaction.
    Last edited by zealo; 2016-11-27 at 10:12 PM.

Hahaha, "criticism".
    I bet if I were that "critical" towards you, you'd report me and I'd be banned for weeks for the shit I posted.

Did you read the stuff they sent him?
    Irrelevant. The guy is a CEO. He is the face of the company. This just looks like the skeevy shit reddit pulled when it first started. 95% of the content was faked to make it look like reddit was a "happening" place. Problem is, all you guys ate that shit up. To be honest, people should just quit reddit. Unfortunately it won't stop reddit from selling your personal details to anyone and everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny how the people don't realize that the problem isn't even in that the someone edits someone's posts. It's fine. The problem is that cannot be proven, when someone do edit.

The problem in that this isn't logged and cannot be proven then, in sight of the previous law enforcement actions on the reddit users. Yes, those users were in the wrong, but we are talking not about them.

The default mod tools and et cetera on the reddit/another forums save the previous versions of the posts, so that it's easy to prove that it was edited, tampered, etc; and build a defence on it.

Before answering anything, imagine that you come on the forum, which cooperates with law enforcement, post pretty valid, civilized dissent on some topic. Then later, someone edits the comment directly in the DB, bypassing history/logging system, writing something pretty illegal, and then reports it to law enforcement?

Frankly, I don't think it's not possible here on MMO-C, for example.

No, dont relate whataboutism here about personal attacks on the CEO, thanks. Fine, ban T_D, anything, but we're talking not about the cesspool of T_D and whatnot.

You are right.
    Everyone should quit Reddit.
    And they should ban T_D, just to get that cesspool of the internet.

Cool handwaving btw.
    So you don't agree that a CEO should be held to a higher level of scrutiny than an average person? You don't agree that someone that gets paid on average 70 times more than their employees should have a magnifying glass on them watching what they do to make sure they are as ethical as possible? Or were you just hired by reddit to try and deflect from the horrendously unethical practices that this company not only encourages but also commits themselves? Maybe some people should just deactivate their MMO accounts because they never really have anything intelligent to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sonololo View Post
    It's funny how the people don't realize that the problem isn't even in that the someone edits someone's posts. It's fine. The problem is that cannot be proven, when someone do edit.
    This, a hundred time this.

Reddit lack transparency at various level, not just in upper management but also through subreddits moderator themselves.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

CEO is a little bitch who should be fired. No excuses for getting butthurt on the internet from people calling you names.

Who can trust any ban on a sub at this point? The admins dont like T_D? Why not edit in some doxxing comments for reason to ban? Dont like a certain poster? Edit a few posts to get rid of them.

If the CEO is willing to do it for "teh lulz", its hard to believe they wouldnt do it for more nefarious reasons and serving their own safe space bubble to anything they dont like.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you really that surprised? Reddit has been a shit tier website for years.
    Fienden sitt våpen kastet, opp visiret for,
    vi med undren mot ham hastet, ti han var vår bror.
    Drevne frem på stand av skammen gikk vi søderpå;
    nu vi står tre brødre sammen,
    og skal sådan stå!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people that harass someone shouldn't whine.
    "Attack the messenger"? We dont care about users of T_D, the point of discussion is not about them, you can do anything you want with them, but the problem isn't focused on them.
    Last edited by sonololo; 2016-11-27 at 11:38 PM.

I think people that harass someone shouldn't whine.
    It's kind of a funny situation. The CEO definitely overstepped his boundaries, but at the same time, this is the same group of people that are basically running over and fucking the entire website, flooding every subreddit, downvote brigading, etc.

I wish the CEO wouldn't have done what he did and instead just started handing out mass bans until people got the hint. Now it's going to put everything the mods do under scrutiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    I look forward to the inevitable day where moderators, and owners of even so-called privatized sites can get in trouble for editing a user's post, or showing complete bias for how they moderate said posts. It may not happen in the next 5-8 years but that day will come as people see further and further examples of the bias and take steps to undo it. What I do know is that, I'll be relishing when it does finally happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    But it is totally about them.
    They were harassing people en-masse and their harassment was redirected to their own mods.

1-0 for Reddit.
    No, you're just derailing the discussion that is about the practice that can be applied to everyone, by whataboutism about the trumpers.

You do understand the implications of it, but is defending it because it currently affects only the trumpists, whose do you see as the enemy, not someone else.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
    Last edited by sonololo; 2016-11-28 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    These things are possible on almost any website.
    Anyone with a shred of intelligence knows this, this shouldn't be a surprise.
    It definitely doesn't deserve 10 pages of discussion.
    You should go back considering the implications of that the law enforcement can't now really act on the users' posts, hate speeches, etc, without problems.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I emigrated from Russia, where it's standard to sometimes silent the dissenters by pinning something on them that they didn't said. Some dissent, some civilized discussion about the corruption... about the corruption in medium levels (city, precinct) of government. Got silenced because of slip up, pinning some shit on them, and the law enforcement acts, and volia! 2-3 years of penal colony in the system that is targeted on crushing dissent, in the system that only really strong people with willpower go through. There is a #282 section in Criminal Code, that is used to do exactly that.

That, in my eyes, aren't really different. No one even should do in that direction, because it's really a very slippery slope. Not about trumpsters.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can just check the database.
    Yeah, really, say this to the russian courts. You will be looked at as stupid. Or even riduculed.

Changes leave traces.
    I specifically said about the edits that can leave no traces. SQL queries usually aren't logged. And logs can be forged easily.

So we should just all come together and pinky swear we won't change databases and that would fix everything?
    Yes. Ban them out, deplatform them, etc, but don't incriminate them with something they haven't really said, because you're just making with it yourself more vulnerable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see you Trumpists design a law that prevents a moderator from being slightly biased while at the same time allows a baker to refuse to sell cakes to gays.

But it is totally about them.
    They were harassing people en-masse and their harassment was redirected to their own mods.

1-0 for Reddit.
    Oh but it won't come from us. It'll come from Clintonites? Colonel Sanders? Win Jill Stein's money?

..Damn. Well, at least we have something catchy that semi sounds like or evokes our party animal.

Ahem. It'll come from the Onocentaur who will be braying quite loudly, like their cousin the common Jackass; because they saw most of their power taken away and needed to try and feel relevant. After the bill is passed it will then like the Nuclear Option be utilized by the Trumpists while the Onocentaurs bray and scream about how it is unconstitutional when Trumpists do it. "Not now, not like this!" will be their war-cry, which alas.. will fall on deaf ears.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    Ja ja, det er godt med dig, perker.
    Really? Racial slurs is your go to?