Thread: [TV] Westworld

Page 23 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they built Ford around [rather, specifically FOR] the talents of Anthony Hopkins. It's his best character since Hannibal Lechter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    I think they built Ford around [rather, specifically FOR] the talents of Anthony Hopkins. It's his best character since Hannibal Lechter.
    Best character INCLUDING Lecter. Lecter's a clownishly weird villain, and not really in a good way, IMO. Iconic, yes. Silly as hell, also yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SquallLionheart View Post
    Personally certain posters that keep complaining about the show but still watch it are more annoying.
    See anything related to The Walking Dead.

Finally watched this latest episode. I didn't expect much from this show but I'm loving how its keeping me engaged. I'm not feeling the Maive storyline that much but only because its relatively weak compared to the other ones. It takes some suspension of belief, even in terms of this show, for her storyline to have gotten as far as it did. The Man In Black's storyline has really gotten interesting.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2016-11-24 at 04:34 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Best character INCLUDING Lecter. Lecter's a clownishly weird villain, and not really in a good way, IMO. Iconic, yes. Silly as hell, also yes.
    I say best since in litteral meaning, because Lecter was hard to top. Who knows? Ford may turn out to be his best role of all.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post

No I dont, what do you mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SquallLionheart View Post
    No I dont, what do you mean?
    In any and every Walking Dead discussion you'll find people who can't wait to tell you how much they hate the show but they've been following it since day 1.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

In any and every Walking Dead discussion you'll find people who can't wait to tell you how much they hate the show but they've been following it since day 1.
    Oh right yea, some shows have a love hate relationship. Walking dead gets it particularly bad because you have a super talented cast, and a network trying to squeeze out every whore rating trick in the book. So naturally annoys people who see the potential in the show.

Finally watched this latest episode. I didn't expect much from this show but I'm loving how its keeping me engaged. I'm not feeling the Maive storyline that much but only because its relatively weak compared to the other ones. It takes some suspension of belief, even in terms of this show, for her storyline to have gotten as far as it did. The Man In Black's storyline has really gotten interesting.
    I like her storyline a lot, especially the latest episode about her daughter and how that put her over the edge. I think they could have done a bit better writing how the two techs were able to accomplish so much with her though. You really have to suspend reality, with all the host monitoring and lab security to think those two guys were able to get away with it. But the character herself is awesome.. she almost feels like Kahn (star trek).

10+ Year Old Account
    I found the line from one of the surgeons that every fiber of Maeve's being is designed to function only in the park. Makes me wonder what other failsafes besides an explosive spine are in play.

Great show. Very surprised by how much I like it. 10/10 HBO

Last few episodes haven't really clicked to me, I enjoyed the first 5-6 ones quite a bit. Hopefully the last two will be better.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    Been a lot of fake news buzz lately, so here's a great example.

http://us.blastingnews.com/showbiz-t...001236135.html
    'Westworld' not renewed for Season 2 as ratings continue to go down
    With a "3/5 stars" rating, with all of two votes. Bet they were from the asshole running that blog, and his butt buddy.

Meanwhile, a bit later, at Entertainment Weekly: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/14/westworld-season-2
    Westworld renewed for second season, likely returning 2018
    IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475784/ 9.1/10
    Rotten: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/westworld/s01/ 89% critics 91% audience

Who's the dipshit giving this show a "3/5" score? Even if you don't understand it yourself personally, or just personally don't like it (I don't like cheese myself), you still have to, if you're an intelligent human being, understand how good of a show it is.

But yeah, Google pushes that one bullshit fake news as top 3 hits. Great going, Google.

3/5 is a fine score.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    theres only one true Hannibal

also, why didnt delores go into the church?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I don't think that anyone has speculated about that, no. It would come from waaaaaaaaay out of left field. Remember, a pair of corporate visitors recognized the dude for his exploits in the "real world."

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy hell, what an episode.

MAJOR spoilers, so don't click. I'm giving a text warning in addition to the tags.

So Bernard is an Arnold replicant.
    William is the Man in Black, 30 years apart.
    The scenes with "Bernard" and Dolores were ARNOLD and Dolores.
    Some of the hosts, Arnold's original models and the few Ford mimicked, are "sentient hosts", but apparently most aren't capable of it. We can presume Dolores and Maeve as well as Bernard.

Ford is the best "brilliant villain" character I have EVER seen portrayed. Legitimately outsmarting everyone at every point, always having predicted whatever comes to pass and prepared a response.

Holy hell, what an episode.

MAJOR spoilers, so don't click. I'm giving a text warning in addition to the tags.

So Bernard is an Arnold replicant.
    William is the Man in Black, 30 years apart.
    The scenes with "Bernard" and Dolores were ARNOLD and Dolores.
    Some of the hosts, Arnold's original models and the few Ford mimicked, are "sentient hosts", but apparently most aren't capable of it. We can presume Dolores and Maeve as well as Bernard.

Ford is the best "brilliant villain" character I have EVER seen portrayed. Legitimately outsmarting everyone at every point, always having predicted whatever comes to pass and prepared a response.
    Ok 2 timelines seems legit but, Delores, Logan and Will are all at camp, she cut Logan, runs off, something hinkey happens, she gets healed, goes into church/down stairs remembers some stuff, comes up to meet Black Hat. IS the assumption that the hinky shit is her getting healed and her memory being wiped, then she picks back up RIGHT THERE some 30 years later? In the same outfit?

Good episode but I am worrying there is no tying this up with out many holes. The Maeve story is still really bothersome to me, it certainly seemed clear Ford had no knowledge of the shit going on, meaning, no one pays any attention to that stuff? I mean, shit, a fucking AI could man the surveillance.

Quite excited for next week.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Ok 2 timelines seems legit but, Delores, Logan and Will are all at camp, she cut Logan, runs off, something hinkey happens, she gets healed, goes into church/down stairs remembers some stuff, comes up to meet Black Hat. IS the assumption that the hinky shit is her getting healed and her memory being wiped, then she picks back up RIGHT THERE some 30 years later? In the same outfit?
    I'd have to watch again, but they really don't have THAT many outfits for the hosts. And in that scene, she goes from wearing the dress to wearing pants, one moment to the next; stuff is bleeding over.

Good episode but I am worrying there is no tying this up with out many holes. The Maeve story is still really bothersome to me, it certainly seemed clear Ford had no knowledge of the shit going on, meaning, no one pays any attention to that stuff? I mean, shit, a fucking AI could man the surveillance.
    As for Maeve; she's the trigger point, not Dolores. If we follow the pattern of the original story, shit's going to go to hell in a moment, and Maeve will be who pulls that trigger. Dolores is the other side of the AI sentience coin; that they can be ethical and moral beings.

As for the surveillance, that information [i]exists[/i], but it's not [i]monitored[/i]. Ford has specifically opposed any kind of true sentience, so he wouldn't create AI monitors that look at things they're not programmed to look at. Things like Maeve's internal code can't be accessed or checked remotely at all. You have to recall, Maeve has acted notably out of character [i]once[/i], and she was immediately snapped up and taken in for review. They're paying attention and monitoring, they're just not omniscient and looking at everything at all times.

I'm gona miss this show in the long wait for season 2.

Another great episode. Two big reveals as well.

Which the main big reveal was kind of obvious after last episodes reveal haha but was still awesome to watch it unfold as it did. So well made.

I'd have to watch again, but they really don't have THAT many outfits for the hosts. And in that scene, she goes from wearing the dress to wearing pants, one moment to the next; stuff is bleeding over.
    Yeh she goes from dress to prairie cloths during her time down stairs, I took that to mean she was remembering. Like when she first walks into the church, she is in blue dress and there are all the Hosts, the guest service lady is there, and they are all kinda wonkey, I think that was the waiting room for Arnold, and she was remembering a previous visit. Then she is flashing from memory to present until she comes up to meet Black Hat. The picture that Logan gives Will is the same one Delores' dad finds that sends him off to glue factory. The best I figure is she cut Logan, staff was alerted, she got picked up and wiped, spent ~30 years being raped and murdered, then at some point snapped back into the "find the maze" routine.

It will all be more clear next week as we are given a clearer picture of Black Hats life, at least I am assuming.
    READ and be less Ignorant.