Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those cable package prices would be a good reason why they aren't watching sports. Who wants to pay $250 a season just to watch all the games of local teams when the packages offer every game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    The peak was 14 Million, the Total viewership of the Finals was 36 million.
    Still nowhere near the football world cup.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    Well tv viewership is down for most young people
    when was the last time you saw a young person who owned a tv?
    Myself? My sister?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    Well tv viewership is down for most young people
    when was the last time you saw a young person who owned a tv?
    its literally a tumor on my console now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I'm willing to bet most people are like me in that they just watch their teams, but not sports in general. If the Packers, Badgers, or Brewers aren't playing then I don't care to watch.
    BOOOOOOOOOO

Stinkin cheese heads!!!

Go Vikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Deleted
    Imo, watching sports is possibly the most boring thing you can do with your free time.

Who the hell cares if someone else kicks against a ball, cycles around a track or swims back and forth in a certain amount of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Imo, watching sports is possibly the most boring thing you can do with your free time.

Who the hell cares if someone else kicks against a ball, cycles around a track or swims back and forth in a certain amount of time.

millions upon millions of people
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Yeah, this always puzzled me.

Maybe they got nothing going on in their own lives and have to watch other peoples accomplishments or something?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Esports are getting more popular. Had a few people at work talking about various Hearthstone streams they watched after playing it on their phone a little. Hell I went to a 24hr food place a couple of weeks back that was streaming a League championship on a big wall TV. Good 30 people in there stuffing their faces and cheering like a game of football while they watched it. Very strange to see.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account

Maybe they got nothing going on in their own lives and have to watch other peoples accomplishments or something?
    Good job at insulting over 90% of your own country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Billions*

10ch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Good job at insulting over 90% of your own country.
    Thanks. It wasn't hard

You're my favorite MMO-C persona. Some guy who pretends he's rich and important on an MMO forum, of all places, insulting people for their leisurely activities because of there should be goals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. It wasn't hard
    I really wonder why you continue to life here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    You're my favorite MMO-C persona. Some guy who pretends he's rich and important on an MMO forum, of all places, insulting people for their leisurely activities because of there should be goals.
    His type is very disliked here in the netherlands lol.
    Maybe he needs to take it out on pointless internet forums?

But I agree its entertaining.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Thanks, I love you too

I'm not rich sadly. But can't complain.

And yeah, watching sports is the biggest waste of time in my personal opinion. Others might get something out of it though, but no idea what or why.

Opinions: Sport is dull as fuck and on too long, younger demographics have shown an increasing tendency for on demand fast action for years now.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Traditional sports are so damn boring to watch so count me as one of those part of the decline. I'll watch UFC on occasion and the random basketball game here and there at someones house but I couldn't ever see myself sitting down in my own home to watch it.

Shits just so... same old same old. The football on today looks and sounds like the same shit I saw my dad watching when I was a child.

Deleted
    I always found sports boring especially 'e-sports-

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Nothing is free. Just because you don't see the direct cost of something up front doesn't make it free. If it was on ESPN, you have to have had a basic cable package of some kind to watch it. If it was streamed online, then you paid through watching ads and the cost of your internet subscription, etc.

I hate it when people say "oooh, this was free!" like "free" healthcare (paid for with obscenely high taxes on everyone) or "free" drinks (paid for by talking to a guy who bought them for you), etc. Get it through your heads: everything has a price of some kind. That is how it always has been and always will be.
    How is that even relevant to the point? What exactly are you hoping to achieve with this rant? In a practical sense, what you just said is completely irrelevant to anyone who is actually being discussed in this article/thread. "Free's not free," who cares? Get over this need to lecture people on politics that you bring up stupid politics into a thread that has nothing to do with it.

Kids play vidya instead of a sport in school, they don't develop a love for the sport, and therefore prefer vidya/netflix instead.

What a surprise.

Thanks, I love you too

I'm not rich sadly. But can't complain.

And yeah, watching sports is the biggest waste of time in my personal opinion. Others might get something out of it though, but no idea what or why.
    Watching it alone is boring as fuck, watch with a couple of friends and you'd understand why it's exciting.
    OT: Really weird, I could have swear that football viewership was increasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/art...ounger-viewers

Maybe this will drive cable companies to offer more fair deals.

Most people I know don't have a current subscription because they make you get like 130+ channels when you only really want a couple of them.

I worry about the health impacts though if more youth are focusing on unhealthy activities rather than sport.
    I worked for Ameritech in the early 90s, it was Michigan Bell and is now part of AT&T, back then they were just a phone company but were looking into cable. They were proposing slim lined plans of 10 channels in addition to the local once that you could choose. You could then go up in size by 5 channels until you got the full packages. Premiums like HBO, were considered add-ons as well. That was 25 years ago. If they haven't caved into customer pressure they never will. Why offer fairer prices when the ship is sinking? It makes sense for customers, so you know it will not be done.