Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    As someone that enjoys sports, I think it's because they haven't kept with the times. They should try more online streaming, because regular TV is going away and isn't very popular with people my age or younger. I'd watch more football on Sundays, but I don't get a choice on TV of what games to watch and it is costly if I do, people in my generation are used to low prices or free streaming...if the NFL had a max $10 monthly sub for all games, streamed to any device, I think a lot of young adults would jump aboard.
    X

10+ Year Old Account
    regular tv is just massively in decline and sports are super boring to watch

not like sitting infront of tv watching someone do sport is any way healthy in the first place
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

is the age of the millionaire athlete coming to an end? where will the sponsorship money flow to, e-sports?

Whatever is coming to replace sports, though, if you enjoy it as it is right now, sorry, but it's about to be bastardized to high heaven for the sake of mass consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Isn't that exactly what people do on gaming forums?
    Yes, but as I said, we don't have to pay a monthly fee to post on the forums.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I worry about the health impacts though if more youth are focusing on unhealthy activities rather than sport.
    Lol.. don't worry.. they'll just watch something else roll_eyes

Money talks, bullshit walks..

Deleted
    Soccer went to shit, can't imagine that it's different in other teamsports.

If I take a look at the current 1. Bundesliga for example. The whole team which is #1 right now with a 3 point lead is "worth" as much as 1-2 players of FC Bayern München.
    They are mercenaries themselves, so while they are "underdogs" and should be fun to watch, they are actually not.
    And I know that in next year or two, most of them will play for a different team.
    On top of that, you have players that cost 30+ millions who are injured 3/4 of the time - who the hell can watch this kind of BS. I can't believe there are people that buy *overpriced* (as fuck) tickets to watch this...
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-11-28 at 05:48 PM.

I worry about the health impacts though if more youth are focusing on unhealthy activities rather than sport.
    This must be some sort of logical fallacy... Do you honestly believe that having an INTEREST in sports, must mean you're active in sports and staying healthy...?

https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/art...ounger-viewers

Maybe this will drive cable companies to offer more fair deals.

Most people I know don't have a current subscription because they make you get like 130+ channels when you only really want a couple of them.

It's dumb you have to pay for TV then you have to watch countless commercials. Hell by the time the commercials are over I am already bored enough to turn the TV off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It's dumb you have to pay for TV then you have to watch countless commercials. Hell by the time the commercials are over I am already bored enough to turn the TV off.
    Yeah so you can't check your phone, laptop or talk to your wife during commercials? Sounds like you're the problem.

Yeah so you can't check your phone, laptop or talk to your wife during commercials? Sounds like you're the problem.
    Would you go pay to see a movie that had 4 minutes of commercials every 8 minutes? If I am the problem I am not the minority, most people DVR their shit to skip commercials. It's people in charge of cable who think like you that's killing cable service.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you go pay to see a movie that had 4 minutes of commercials every 8 minutes? If I am the problem I am not the minority, most people DVR their shit to skip commercials. It's people in charge of cable who think like you that's killing cable service.
    Are they killing cable service? If anything dropping subscription rates will push them to offer commercial free services.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause watching people play sports is dull as hell. When I was a kid, I just hated it. Everyone was forcing me to play sports. When I played soccer I just watched the ball and waited until I could go home and play on my Nintendo. My coach screamed at me so much that he lost his voice. All the way to high school where people wanted to know why I didn't play football cause I'm 6'4". Years later a lot of those people that played football have back pain and joint pain from all the injuries. I don't feel bad now knowing that I just spent my time playing video games. Turns out it's much healthier for you than Football.

Next week I'll teach you why sports in High School is not only a terrible thing for your kids health, but a way to condition them to get involved into a sport so the industry can have more sheep to spend their money on. That's why grown ass men talk about their greatest achievements in high school like as if someone gives a damn.

https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/art...ounger-viewers

Maybe this will drive cable companies to offer more fair deals.

Most people I know don't have a current subscription because they make you get like 130+ channels when you only really want a couple of them.

I haven't paid for TV in almost 2 years now. I still watch everything I want to watch, except sports. I can go to the pub for the games though.

Deleted
    Well that's American TV for you, ironically in the UK the TV License is only for BBC, a commercial free network

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Sounds like American TV is great.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Well that's American TV for you, ironically in the UK the TV License is only for BBC, a commercial free network
    And you guys have Dr. Who, you win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    is the age of the millionaire athlete coming to an end?
    Nope, prices only going up.

Deleted
    And you guys have Dr. Who, you win.
    Well Moffatt is rapidly killing that franchise

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Well Moffatt is rapidly killing that franchise
    After watching the last 2 seasons I can't disagree...

10+ Year Old Account
    "Piracy may also be at work. "

I like how they put that filthy word in there, even 'thou the poll states clearly that youngsters have not much interest in sport.

- - - Updated - - -

I read it some time ago that USA's cable companies are lobbying gov to make it illegal to skip commercials when recording...I don't know how but there it is.