Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Guilds farming suramar mobs that drop heroic Nighthold loot

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Scopel/simple

In the first couple weeks of legion, people were seen with onsies and twosies of nighthold items. They never revealed how they got it. After looking at mob count of these guys and time spent, looks like heroic items drop off elite suramar mobs (not the ones in the WQ areas).

This guy has chest and ring. He is telling people he got it from a emmisary cache but his friends say hes in a trash farming group.

He also msg'd a GM to see if it was legit.

I got a response from the ticket.
    The GM said that there is nothing wrong and congratulated me for the items

Well if people want to grind elites for a small chance at loot go for it. I won't be looking to farm this.

Quote Originally Posted by SquallLionheart View Post
    Well if people want to grind elites for a small chance at loot go for it.
    Isn't... isnt that the whole point of this game?

Killing elite for a small chance at loot? Especially loot from heroic gul'dan?

What mobs exactly are they farming?

Quote Originally Posted by Solidux View Post
    Isn't... isnt that the whole point of this game?

Killing elite for a small chance at loot? Especially loot from heroic gul'dan?
    Learning fights and overcoming bosses in a guild is a bit different to grinding the same mob packs over and over and waiting for mob respawns.

They are saying its a high drop chance... like 5%

Deleted
    Cries about being banned incoming in 3...2...

Deleted
    Wow, what mobs do they farm ? :-D

Seems like a waste of time when there are far better ways to gear up.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Wow, what mobs do they farm ? :-D
    theres some elite mobs behind a door and i think you can mc them out, so if its those it's rather exploity.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    theres some elite mobs behind a door and i think you can mc them out, so if its those it's rather exploity.
    Behind what door exactly?

i would not mind farming mobs to get hc gear for my 6th alt ^^

Can we get a location for the mobs?
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

This all sounds fishy.. you need to MC them out to be able to kill AND a GM said it was np? I dont buy this story from the beginning.

I'm guessing its the NPCs behind the currently closed Nighthold door. I've had them aggro me through the door before and just pop out on the outside. Ran away at the time cause I was like wtf but now I may have to go check this out.

Why these would drop raid loot in the first place even if Nighthold was open, I don't know. Seems unusual.

So some people are able to get loot from unreleased content and a gm saying it's fine?
    Something is wrong there.

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    So some people are able to get loot from unreleased content and a gm saying it's fine?
    Something is wrong there.
    Should the NPCs be reachable? Probably not.

The better question:
    Should the NPCs that are outside the instance be dropping raid loot at all? I'm going to have to guess no here.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I'm guessing its the NPCs behind the currently closed Nighthold door. I've had them aggro me through the door before and just pop out on the outside. Ran away at the time cause I was like wtf but now I may have to go check this out.

Why these would drop raid loot in the first place even if Nighthold was open, I don't know. Seems unusual.
    My thoughts exactly. Even if you can aggro some trash mobs from _inside_ the instance, which is weird by itself, why should they drop boss loot?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidux View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Scopel/simple

In the first couple weeks of legion, people were seen with onsies and twosies of nighthold items. They never revealed how they got it. After looking at mob count of these guys and time spent, looks like heroic items drop off elite suramar mobs (not the ones in the WQ areas).

This guy has chest and ring. He is telling people he got it from a emmisary cache but his friends say hes in a trash farming group.

He also msg'd a GM to see if it was legit.

Report him and see what happens.

Anyone got a video or stream showing this.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD