Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    we have no splitruns and still managed to clear EN somewhere between world 60 and 85, we didnt outgear shit. Stop shitposting you clown.
    You did world 60-85 on EN Mythic and you struggle on Odyn Mythic

Our guild did 200 on EN Mythic and we killed Odyn in our first ID with the worst setup ever.

Our Healer are on 95% mana when p2 starts and 45% mana when p3 starts.

Quote Originally Posted by ArthasZZ View Post

Our guild did 200 on EN Mythic and we killed Odyn in our first ID with the worst setup ever.

20 Healers, impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Seriously. But hell, what can you do. People made threads how EN was a joke, both in HM and mythic and how a final boss should never die on day 1. Now it took the top guild..what? 2 days? 3? Some exploits and bans....and topics on how everything is too hard.
    Which is why the ICC buff worked so well and I am amazed they have not used it more often. Tune a instance 5/10% higher then then recommend ilvl set by the design team make it a challenge for the people who want to push themself, leave it that way for 1-2 weeks or untill a set number of guilds have killed it, then add a 5% buff to the instance. After a month or again until a set number of guilds have killed it add another 5% buff, so on and so on untill you cap it maybe at 15/20%. Give guilds the option to remove the buff if they want to like in ICC

That way you give can cater to all the playerbase

Quote Originally Posted by ArthasZZ View Post

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/8303 By first reset you mean second after close to 80 wipes. (First pull 17 Nov, kill 27 Nov)

Fact checkers huh, curse them.

Deleted
    The issue with Odyn is that it's too long. Every try takes ages since you almost exclusively wipe in the end of P2 or in P3, P1 is just a waste time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    There's a questionable amount of whining in this thread. Trial of Valour is nothing more than the 8th, 9th and 10th boss of Emerald Nightmare. Odyn mythic is a fight on the hardest difficulty late in a raid. It's not unreasonable to require all your dps to be outright excellent to kill the boss. My guild won't kill it before Nighthold and I'm alright with that.

Looks like Method's kill time for Mythic Odyn was 7 minutes 50 seconds. That's not too long for a fight at all. If you're taking 11 minutes take a hard look at your raiders.
    Sure, lets see, most of their raid team are 887+. They ALL have minimum 5% extra DPS, most have 6%+.

They class stack like hell. Helya 4/5 Shadow Priests. No shit they still it soo much faster, they have better gear than everyone, good job sherlock you cant compare Apples to Oranges.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Quote Originally Posted by grippo View Post
    Which is why the ICC buff worked so well and I am amazed they have not used it more often. Tune a instance 5/10% higher then then recommend ilvl set by the design team make it a challenge for the people who want to push themself, leave it that way for 1-2 weeks or untill a set number of guilds have killed it, then add a 5% buff to the instance. After a month or again until a set number of guilds have killed it add another 5% buff, so on and so on untill you cap it maybe at 15/20%. Give guilds the option to remove the buff if they want to like in ICC

That way you give can cater to all the playerbase
    Well the WoD / MoP legendaries (and VP) served this same purpose; instead of nerfing the raid we got timegated gear buffs to function in the exact same way.

I imagine the 35th and on artifact traits are meant to do the same thing but it doesn't really work, especially when top guilds already also had them for prog meaning the raid is just tuned around having them now...

Deleted
    Mother Shahraz in Black Temple was the melee friendly fight you are looking for guys. It required as many melee as possible and was best without any ranged but hunters. But then again two offtanks had to /sit during that fight and do nothing so it probably isn't a very good example of a very good fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Platscha View Post
    I like the difficulty of the encounter, but in it's current state, P2 just takes way too long imo.
    A suggestion would be to make him phase on 70%, and end the fight on 15% rather than 10%.
    This would leave P1 and P3 unchanged but fix the (imo) repetetive P2.
    Or just increase the time between adds spawning so you can actually sit on the boss for a bit instead of constantly running around for 16 different reasons.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Or just increase the time between adds spawning so you can actually sit on the boss for a bit instead of constantly running around for 16 different reasons.
    That would make the fight easier by alot, which is probably the opposite of what many people want.

Pretty sure this is Blizzard extending the middle finger to everyone who complained about EN being undertuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Platscha View Post
    That would make the fight easier by alot, which is probably the opposite of what many people want.
    For a first boss in the tier, that is this hateful towards melee? Come up with something else that would make more melee a viable option, right now there's only a handful of kills with 5+ melee while just about every other boss has been killed with 6 melee (and more).

Constant target swapping on mobs that are far apart just favors ranged too much, when these mobs have the health they do (Hyrja and Hymdall) it means you need almost everyone in your raid to swap to them to not fall behind. That means melee have to run from Odyn at one side of the room to the adds at the other side and then run back again once they are defeated. Not only that but you have the fixated mob to runes and shields you got to pick up from runes which also moves you across the entire room. All that running time melee do no damage while ranged has to move less because they can stand close to the middle and hit everything without moving as well as having shorter distance to run to everything.

Phase 1 it's fine for melee because it's a push on Hyrja.
    Phase 2 it's completely fucking hateful, our guild is running 2-3 melee and we're just sitting on Odyn and doing rune adds close to Odyn, nothing more.
    Phase 3 is "fair" since ranged has to deal with Tornado placement but having to spread/stack with rune colors will fuck over melee many times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Seriously. But hell, what can you do. People made threads how EN was a joke, both in HM and mythic and how a final boss should never die on day 1. Now it took the top guild..what? 2 days? 3? Some exploits and bans....and topics on how everything is too hard.

When will I get used tp the fact that for no matter what reason, somebody will think only their perception of the game is perfect and if the game derives from it one must complain?

...and I still think Spine was the worst shit ever.
    Except EN isn't the entirety of this tier, it's like the Ogre raid in Warlords of Draenor- nobody really cares that much. The "race" doesn't start until February or whenever Nighthold comes with tier bonuses and a longer raid instance.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    I hate Mythic Odyn/Imperator type of fights. Mongo 10 minutes then wipe on hard mechanics. I like how Illginoth Mythic is done: don't know strat wipe at 1st blob gathering. Fights should be shorter and mechanics should be punishing not ZZZzzz fests and RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Global, 243 Guilds have killed Mythic Odyn since ToV mythic release almost 2 weeks ago. If you compare this to nearly any other Raid-tier, this is an extremely low number.
    Don't go back too far, remind me how many guilds killed Mythic Zor'lok and Un'sok after 2 weeks of Heart of Fear being avaiable?

Just think of Trial of Valor like Heart of Fear with only Zor'lok, Un'sock and Shekzeer... that seems about right to me, only difference is you have less bosses to farm gear from, so they might take a little while to get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    -Snip-
    Melee's are designed around having to move to keep dpsing, which is why almost all (poor DK's) have strong movement abilitys.
    Besides, if any, they'll remove one add phase, which is achieved by lowering the transition by 5%, moving the abilitys further apart will have the same effect, but you'll have a way more boring and easy encounter.

Deleted
    I am playing an assa rogue at odyn and it doesnt play any matter at which target I start in p1 nor how I must act in p2 (switch to heimdall/hyrja or just focus odyn), I pull 425 to 450k dps until p3 starts (I miss the belt for this fight ). Unfortunately i am the strongest dd in the group with sometimes 80k dps above the second highest - this is the reason we cant pass him. It is a L2P issue @ odyn.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2016-11-29 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    I am playing an assa rogue at odyn and it doesnt play any matter at which target I start in p1 nor how I must act in p2 (switch to heimdall/hyrja or just focus odyn), I pull 425 to 450k dps until p3 starts (I miss the belt for this fight ). Unfortunately i am the strongest dd in the group with sometimes 80k dps above the second highest - this is the reason we cant pass him. It is a L2P issue @ odyn.
    what are your warlocks and shadow priests doing if they cant reach 370k dps on 2+ targets?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    what are your warlocks and shadow priests doing if they cant reach 370k dps on 2+ targets?
    as i said, it is a l2p issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    So what happened really? Blizzard introduced EN. Which was 4 out of 10 in difficulty.
    EN Normal was easy enough, HC was easy as well and Mythic was only hard at the 1st and the 2nd week. After that people start overgearing and stepping through mythic or at least killing bosses that in reality without them being overgeared it wouldn't be possible.

Tov on the other hand was released with a gear cap that disallows you to overgear it currently. Thats why you see guilds like yours getting stuck on M odyn. Its just that your guild cannot handle actual progress without being overgeared.

Now don't go offensive and think oh I called you bad or whatever. Thats how the game works.
    This basically. The content is not gated behind gear and when we killed it we had four people with 35 traits with an average in raid item level of 884.8. But traits won't help you avoid balls to the face or spears up your behind. Mythic Odyn requires intense concentration for ten minutes. It's a mechanical check with a twist. This is how Mythic should be.
    Last edited by mmocd2c3751819; 2016-12-01 at 03:23 PM.

Yeah ToV has been a breath of fresh air after EN. I'm glad they decided to make it an extension of EN in difficulty scaling instead of resetting the difficulty back down.

We're in the middle of helya progress and people are talking about how much they're enjoying the fight.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.