Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    but Frostmourne was built for that
    He was build to suck Arthas soul and make it NerZhul puppet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    He was build to suck Arthas soul and make it NerZhul puppet.
    it was made to suck souls. and it is clearly 1.5hsword fully capable of being 2h wielded

Deleted
    It would be cool that the Frost artifact (being 2H) passive was: Melee strikes have a chance to deal X Frost damage and freezing the enemy for 5s, increasing all frost damage received by 10%. (Numbers are made up)

I also like 2H more for frost, having 2 swords is cool but they are usually huge and don't look very well on the character.

7+ Year Old Account
    tell me reason - why? why seasoned warrior must abbadon his weapon of choose and take 2hand instead after being reborn as DK? Yeah maybe he forgot something, but skill in using weapon suited for individual not the thing wich must be wiped from soul of candidate (elite troops man)
    Because DK always was portrayed as slow and not agile class? Leave DW to warriors/rogues/monks/shamans. With DW only options Blizzard ruined Frost spec fantasy for me. Even 1h+shield more suits DK than DW of 1h.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    it was made to suck souls. and it is clearly 1.5hsword fully capable of being 2h wielded
    No. It was built to suck Arthas soul. It wont even work with any other human.

Nearly every sword could be used two handed. Could doesnt imply should.

BTW i agree that frost should have 2h weapon option.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Because DK always was portrayed as slow and not agile class? Leave DW to warriors/rogues/monks/shamans. With DW only options Blizzard ruined Frost spec fantasy for me. Even 1h+shield more suits DK than DW of 1h.
    and one handed weapons can be heavy, and not like cutlass or katana? DK who use DW lift heavier weapons and swing them almost endlessly, while reataining his skill and expirience from life to use it? Like Thassarian doing this, like Mograine from Archeus to ICC. And i tell you more - DK NOT slower than other plate classes. It's done ONLY FOR GAMEPLAY, TO CREATE A DIFFERENCE between 3 plate classes (tell me - WHAT stopping DK from actually charging to enemy, if he was doing it as a warrior before death? or paladin?).
    As an example
    this is for leather classes
    http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20110702184551
    http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/s.../7444_f1_p.jpg
    and this is for DK and maybe warrior.
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/f...adGuardian.jpg

See difference? While rogue dance around making small cutts and then finishing, heavier weapons just CRUSH enemy, burying target like and awalanche. skill+speed+weapon weight+muscle power. Or in other example - DK can use not so heavy version of plate armor and have more space to use "agility and speed". Lighter armor, little chace for it to jam - swing faster and wider by using your undead strengh
    Last edited by Zorish; 2016-11-25 at 06:48 PM.

Deleted

It was made to souls sucks, period. It would be corrupt any other human being, not only Arthas, if it was Muradin to claim it then he would become a death knight.

shape, grip, hilt everything points out to 1.5h made to serv as 2h.

Quote Originally Posted by Boneflayer View Post
    On a side note, Arthas is more of an Unholy Death Knight, as he raises undead(Necromancy), spreads diseases(Unholy Magic) etc. I've never seen him use Frost Strike, Obliterate or Howling Blast(Frost Magic). Frost's current fantasy is nothing close to Arthas, more like Thassarian.
    I think you have it wrong also. Arthas is neither frost nor unholy's current design. Unholy is more focused around having a pet. Arthas never actually really needed a pet. He had an army but he never really was in direct control of specifics nor did he ever care to buff his ghouls or rely on them at all. Death Knights from warcraft 3 focused on the army aspect simply due to gameplay and in Wrath he didn't have a pet side kick or anything. He summoned a couple adds but most weren't even related to the unholy undead situation. Valkyr and the exploding ghosts are not the same as raising dead. He also had a much bigger focus on soul stealing and I would argue souls are neither frost or unholy. He had much more to do with souls than actual corpses. I think souls should be worked into frost's kit somehow though next expansion. I'm not sure why they didn't do it in this one when our weapon is supposed to be the soul sucking blade reformed into two one handers.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you paid attention to the lore then. It sucks the souls out of the people it kills. It wasn't created by the Lich King either. It was made by the Dreadlords to help the Lich King help the legion. It was never meant to leave the giant bundle of ice that the original lich king and his armor was locked inside. He simply pushed it out knowing that whoever touched the weapon would have their soul sucked out. It was made to suck anybody's soul who wielded it or who was killed by it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ScreddyLoix View Post
    DK should never have been able to use duel wielding. The only reason they did it in Wrath was because Blizz thought there werent enough classes to use the 1h str weapons.
    There weren't 1 handed strength dps weapons in Wrath, only agility. Not sure about tanking weapons, it's been a hot minute. Honestly no idea why they ever decided to make them duel wield. They had JUST made Warriors no longer use one handers with Wrath (they didn't have the option to use them again until Cata) by adding Titan's Grip. Before that fury used one handers exclusively but they were agility (look at the warglaives of azzinoth for an example)

- - - Updated - - -

You can use spoon two handed. Doesnt make it built for that.
    Hand-and-a-half swords exist though. This is what Frostmourne is. It's a one handed sword that's slightly larger with a hilt that is also slightly larger. You can't usually get a good two handed grip on the hilt hence the "and-a-half" part but you can choose to put both hands on the hilt in order to get more power.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Blood should be DH.

Frost and UH should be 2H.

Now that would be cool.
    I agree completely! Would be cool (I play blood).

Ah yes here we see where SJW was born. Outrage over something that doesn't effect you at all and you just assume others must be upset so you take up the good fight in their name. Frost doesn't need a 2 hand skin. These weapons don't need to keep being twisted and bastardized into something they aren't.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    There weren't 1 handed strength dps weapons in Wrath, only agility. Not sure about tanking weapons, it's been a hot minute. Honestly no idea why they ever decided to make them duel wield. They had JUST made Warriors no longer use one handers with Wrath (they didn't have the option to use them again until Cata) by adding Titan's Grip. Before that fury used one handers exclusively but they were agility (look at the warglaives of azzinoth for an example)
    A little fix - there was stat called Attack Power on almost every weapon, and weapon DPS always was > others. That's why Agility axe (if i remember in WoTLK agility give 1/1 point for str users) wich have highest ILVL was best for every plate user. And at the start (can be a little wrong) DW was top specs (with WoTLK Talent system of course)

Im just writting a comment here to show I really care of u

Unholy could've been the dw spec instead of frost tbh. Not only dual-wielding go well with unholy's fantasy, it'd also the the single dual-wielding melee pet spec in the game (survival's 2h and casters don't really count as they, well, cast!).

Deleted
    Frostmourne is a 1.5h. It can be wielded 1 and 2 handed.

When he became a DK he was wielding it in one hand on Invincible in WC3, because using a 2h on a horse is retarded.

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot fathom why people are opposed to the idea. It is only a visual thing. It has no effect on gameplay. It won't affect those who enjoy dual wielding. This can be summed up by the phrase "Stop liking what I don't like!"

That aside, for people like us, Frost using a big fat two hander is what being a death knight is all about. Dual wielding looks weak to us. When we first started playing int WotLK, we signed up to play a soul consuming, vitality leaching, disease spreading, brutal killing machine. Dual wielding counters this appeal. It goes against all this: it looks weak and flimsy. These so called Blades of the Fallen Prince sheath at the sides, making the poor death knight look comical rather than menacing.

This is the reason 2h frost was loved, not mechanics. It was always about looks and feel.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    I cannot fathom why people are opposed to the idea. It is only a visual thing. It has no effect on gameplay. It won't affect those who enjoy dual wielding. This can be summed up by the phrase "Stop liking what I don't like!"

That aside, for people like us, Frost using a big fat two hander is what being a death knight is all about. Dual wielding looks weak to us. When we first started playing int WotLK, we signed up to play a soul consuming, vitality leaching, disease spreading, brutal killing machine. Dual wielding counters this appeal. It goes against all this: it looks weak and flimsy. These so called Blades of the Fallen Prince sheath at the sides, making the poor death knight look comical rather than menacing.

This is the reason 2h frost was loved, not mechanics. It was always about looks and feel.
    I could not express it better. Dks look silly with their dual. Abilitis like obliterate, they almost beg for 2h. Frost scythe required a 2h companion for a full shtick to work.

and I agree blood should return as dps, they should split it into tankinga nd dps like guardian for druids. it was cool with heartstrikes and all.

I love how every time someone asks for Frost to have a two-handed weapon appearance, be it through transmog or an artifact skin, it is really just a roundabout way of asking for Frostmourne.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidratha View Post
    I love how every time someone asks for Frost to have a two-handed weapon appearance, be it through transmog or an artifact skin, it is really just a roundabout way of asking for Frostmourne.
    well, this time it is Frostmourne time 100%. The best kind of expansion to do it. I have not really masked it. Reforged frostmourne optional skin? gib me nau

Not saying you were masking it. Just pointing out that any time the topic of Frost getting a two-handed weapon appearance comes up, it is inextricably linked to people's desire to have Frostmourne in game. And that I love it, because asking for the ability to transmog to a two-handed weapon is not the same asking for Frostmourne.

The hostility that some players experience for expressing a harmless desire will never cease to amaze me.

Allowing frost a 2h artifact skin would be awesome. I think you'd be surprised how many FDKs would use it. I love to DW, I have always loved to DW. However, I understand that some people like to use a 2hander. I'd enjoy a 2h artifact skin/mog every once in a while with frost's playstyle.

It's not as simple as just switching to blood or unholy if you want to use a two hander. It's not just about the two hander, it's about the class and class fantasy. I see nothing wrong with players wanting something they feel fits inside the class fantasy.

Whether or not Blizzard is able to do it, or it agrees with Blizzard's vision of class fantasy, will be some of the ultimate deciding factors in whether this was ever done.

It's a pipe dream. I don't see any reason to fault them for wanting this. I think it would be really awesome and a great way to compromise with the community who miss using a 2hander as frost.