Deleted
    Hi!
    I'd like to ask for advice regarding Necrotic in high mythic+ instances.

How should I deal with the trashmobs? Consec ground+BoS+Blinding light if they get close+Knight Templar for more kiting is how my build looks like currently but it doesn't seem enough. Bubble is a 5min cd too....

Does anyone know if the armor from DMC: Immortality scales with Unrelenting Light? If so, how much does this affect the relative value of DMC?

- - - Updated - - -

Also: What's the uptime on Mark of the Heavy Hide? Is anyone tanking with Mark of the Claw (for haste) instead?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Also: What's the uptime on Mark of the Heavy Hide? Is anyone tanking with Mark of the Claw (for haste) instead?
    Cant give you numbers, but it procs pretty often. Like once every 30 Seconds I would say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nordixlol View Post
    Hi!
    I'd like to ask for advice regarding Necrotic in high mythic+ instances.

How should I deal with the trashmobs? Consec ground+BoS+Blinding light if they get close+Knight Templar for more kiting is how my build looks like currently but it doesn't seem enough. Bubble is a 5min cd too....
    You should spec into Blessing of Spellwarding. Gives you another reset CD every 3 Minutes. You need to time it correctly though, as Necrotic lasts 11/12 secs and Blessing only 10.

Other than that, you cant do much else but AoE Slow (Cons) and Kite (Horse).

It kinda depends on the instance too. I had absolutely no problems with Necrotic on NL+11, but Vault+9 was a pain in the ass.

It helps alot when your group know what they are doing, like perma slow and aoe stun them too.
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Just going from logs, our healers averaged about 20-25% for mark of the claw, but I haven't really messed with it for prot paladin. Could be better, but I doubt it since Satyr accounts for so much damage. Heavy hide is a far better defensive choice, but I don't really have uptime info since no one in my raid runs it. Claw may be a decent middle point between offense and damage, but if I were to hazard a guess I would say that it's probably a lower gain overall than either just going all in for offense/defense.

All of that is conjecture, so I'd be curious what sims say.

Also: What's the uptime on Mark of the Heavy Hide?
    From my recent logs:
    Mythic Ursoc 36%
    Mythic Ilgynoth 25%
    Mythic Cenarius 28%
    Mythic Xavius 19%
    Mythic Odyn progress (no kill only getting to p2 so far) 22%

It seems on fights when you spend time not actively tanking (like Xavius) the uptime is less. Length of the fight could affect it too.

Btw anyone has any advice what trinkets to use on mythic Odyn? I have fully upgraded DMC, 865 figurine, 890 trinket from dragons, 880 trinket from ilgynoth, 845 nightwell residue from arcway, 2 timewalking vendor trinkets (805), 840 cragshaper from Neltharion lair. My co-tank druid casually tanks Odyn with 20-40 stacks of test while I'm getting completely mauled, even with rotating cooldowns. So far I settled with DMC and figurine, because 1 mil shield from arcway trinket gets eaten in 2 seconds anyway.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    From my recent logs:
    Mythic Ursoc 36%
    Mythic Ilgynoth 25%
    Mythic Cenarius 28%
    Mythic Xavius 19%
    Mythic Odyn progress (no kill only getting to p2 so far) 22%

It seems on fights when you spend time not actively tanking (like Xavius) the uptime is less. Length of the fight could affect it too.

Btw anyone has any advice what trinkets to use on mythic Odyn? I have fully upgraded DMC, 865 figurine, 890 trinket from dragons, 880 trinket from ilgynoth, 845 nightwell residue from arcway, 2 timewalking vendor trinkets (805), 840 cragshaper from Neltharion lair. My co-tank druid casually tanks Odyn with 20-40 stacks of test while I'm getting completely mauled, even with rotating cooldowns. So far I settled with DMC and figurine, because 1 mil shield from arcway trinket gets eaten in 2 seconds anyway.
    Thanks for the breakdown, and grats on your progress!

- - - Updated - - -

Purchased my 35th rank for Truthguard today, and got my +10% all armor! Looking at my tooltip in-game, it tells me I now have 6255 armor for 45% physical damage reduction. Looking at my profile on Battle.net, it says I have 6255 armor for 18% physical damage reduction. Is the Battle.net outdated (like it is for still showing artifacts at 895), or are both correct for... reasons. If both are correct, can someone help me make sense of it? Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

The formula for a level 110 player (Legion Patch 7.10):

DR% = (Armor / (Armor + 7390)) * 100

DR% = (6255/(6255+7390)) * 100
    DR% = (6255/13645) * 100
    DR% = 45.84%

Peacekeeper Benhir Battle.net Profile
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2016-11-28 at 09:12 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the breakdown, and grats on your progress!

- - - Updated - - -

Purchased my 35th rank for Truthguard today, and got my +10% all armor! Looking at my tooltip in-game, it tells me I now have 6255 armor for 45% physical damage reduction. Looking at my profile on Battle.net, it says I have 6255 armor for 18% physical damage reduction. Is the Battle.net outdated (like it is for still showing artifacts at 895), or are both correct for... reasons. If both are correct, can someone help me make sense of it? Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

The formula for a level 110 player (Legion Patch 7.10):

DR% = (Armor / (Armor + 7390)) * 100
    Isn't the modifier (7390) changing depending on the level of the enemy?

Does it? I honestly don't know.

Deleted
    I just found one post for WoD, don't know about Legion: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/15700314385

The formula for armor changes from xpac to xpac. The formula I quoted above is supposed to be accurate for 7.1.0, but I can't swear that the 7390 is a constant rather than a variable. There was nothing to indicate it as a variable where I found the formula (Wowwikki or Wowpedia, I forget which), but I'd love to confirm this with someone who knows for sure.

I think Mark of the Heavy hide is really good, because everything in ToV hits like a truck. Without the infinite progression trait, HH brings me from 43 to 54% armor. That's about 19% effective DR, possibly more if it scales with the infinite progression trait and Faith's Armor. It's up a lot, and if you have it proc during a time when you would normally use Eye of Tyr or AD for smoothing, you can save a CD and still not get raped.

It's really strong if you play correctly imo.

not gonna give up that song name are you lazel? =P

For dragons?

Don't see it. Just the try count

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post

I'm using dmc and the autoblocker. Autoblocker lines up nicely in p2, and it's decent in p3. I'd probably use the Xavius trinket if i had it though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    I'm using dmc and the autoblocker. Autoblocker lines up nicely in p2, and it's decent in p3. I'd probably use the Xavius trinket if i had it though.
    is it really that good for DR? Why so much better than, for example, the writhing heart and approx same ilvl??

Regarding Odyn trinkets, i used a HoV 865 and a haste stat stick at 870 (running sera). Granted I didn't tank Odyn for too many stacks but outside of this period I had no real issues with the damage he dealt.

More or less I had sera up for each add in P2 and up for Odyn as well when I had to tank him. Kept Tyr for odyn as it lined up with each time i taunted (Tyr ==> Sera)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Oh for dragons, I thought you meant for Helya. I typed them down now.
    Thank you!

Deleted
    There is a really well made trinkets list out there, I think its been linked before. It even explains the mechanics behind some trinkets. But for SantaMaria, I'd say follow this list "from Lim's wowhead guide" Trinket List for All Classes

Survival Trinkets
    Tier S
    Darkmoon Deck: Immortality
    Grotesque Statuette
    Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 601
    Valor Medal of the First War
    What are you guys thoughts on the new Artifact Path thats available in the future? I kinda wanna get 1/20 in the Armor trait and than save up a comfortable amount so I can unlock the whole path instant when its released.

I mean, if I go 20/20 than the path is gonna cost shitloads of AP, even with 25 AK.
    Last edited by mmoc296e9e7e8d; 2016-11-29 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piffz View Post
    There is a really well made trinkets list out there, I think its been linked before. It even explains the mechanics behind some trinkets. But for SantaMaria, I'd say follow this list "from Lim's wowhead guide" Trinket List for All Classes

What are you guys thoughts on the new Artifact Path thats available in the future? I kinda wanna get 1/20 in the Armor trait and than save up a comfortable amount so I can unlock the whole path instant when its released.

I mean, if I go 20/20 than the path is gonna cost shitloads of AP, even with 25 AK.
    The new traits are coming with patch 7.2: The Tomb of Sargeras, not Nighthold. If you farm even moderately hardcore you'll have 54/54 less than 3 weeks into Nighthold. That will give you around three months at 25 AK to farm your balls off for 68/68.

About a week ago I mentioned I would try cheesing two back to back spears on mythic Odyn using BoP with Uther's Guard. I can confirm that this works fantastically, and we got the kill that night using it. You do need to be good with your timing though. The way it works is:

Odyn selects his target (active tank) > 5 seconds later he casts spear on the target > 5 seconds later he selects next target, etc...

So I tanked first, get selected for spear, pop BoP 2 seconds before he casts the spear. Then 2 seconds before he selects the target I taunt the boss (since BoP drops threat) and get selected for the next spear, then eat it with BoP still up. If you mistime the taunt your other tank will get selected and you will have effectively wasted your opportunity to cheese the second spear. Note this only works with 15 second BoP from Uther's Guard.

The way we did it was:
    BoP > BoP(continued) > other tank > DS > other tank > AD+SotR(standing on boss) > other tank > ret pally BoP > other tank > GoAK+SotR+run away > other tank

All in all, pally is pretty great for being able to just sit on the boss the whole time, I only had to run out on the last spear I took. I think the math works out that you can also take a spear on the boss with GoAK+EoT+Stoneform+SotR+standing in Cons, but you need to be pretty much topped off. In our kill I just ran out to be safe.

So overall, we get minor nerf to BH, buff to HS.
    But now i can see using HS on some fights.