Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    So there you have it Ford and now Carrier Trump hasn't even been sworn in yet and he has done more in 20 days as president elect than Obama has in 8 years as president to keep well paying manufacturing jobs here in the US
    Ford never had jobs leaving. That was just another Trump lie.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    Meanwhile the jobs that were slated to head to Mexico stay here in the U.S., in the communities, and help support some of those people trapped negative job growth numbers Obama "created" consisting of part time taco bell minimum wage welfare supplemented jobs in a .5%GDP economy the Left trumpets as being awesome. Mind you that Trump hasn't even taken office yet.
    This is, as someone pointed out, such a minuscule part of the economy that this does nothing. Trump will soon have the biggest economic hammer at his disposal, the government, and he's... making deals one company at a time.

It's a PR move. Actual effectiveness will be measured in stats and data 4 years from now, not in how many news article we get about deals with single companies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

So there you have it Ford and now Carrier Trump hasn't even been sworn in yet and he has done more in 20 days as president elect than Obama has in 8 years as president to keep well paying manufacturing jobs here in the US
    He's been doing a great job so far since he's been elected, I hope he can keep this kind of momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    "In exchange for keeping a few jobs, Trump dropped his drawers and bent over, backing off of yet another campaign promise he made to voters in order to prove once again that Wall Street comes first."
    Everything you quoted there is 100% consistent with his campaign promises...

I belive this when I see it.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's looking like he got it done the "right" way too... tax breaks and incentives at the STATE level.

I'd give it a year or two for the economy to start coming back and hopefully Carrier will be in a position to hire more people. We're barely at a 1% growth rate so its a pretty shitty time to be keeping a large staff especially at the the end of the year.

His campaign promise was he'd toss a 35% tariff at them if they shipped jobs south of the border and that they'd beg him to lift it and keep the jobs here. They're still sending anywhere from 30-50% of the jobs south of the border (people variably quote 1,400 or 2,000 at the potential job loss), but he's still backing off the 35% thing and reaffirming he'll find them other goodies along the way.
    And now he's come to a compromise with that specific company. I agree that it is a PR move, and it's also a pretty powerful one considering he hasn't even been elected yet according to a lot of people on this board. No promise was broken.

His campaign promise was he'd toss a 35% tariff at them if they shipped jobs south of the border and that they'd beg him to lift it and keep the jobs here. They're still sending anywhere from 30-50% of the jobs south of the border (people variably quote 1,400 or 2,000 at the potential job loss), but he's still backing off the 35% thing and reaffirming he'll find them other goodies along the way.
    From Carrier's own tweet they claim to be keeping "close to" 1,000 jobs, so it may not even be half the jobs staying in Indiana. It will be interesting to see what Pence promised them for that...

so you rather stick it to the corporation and not give a dam about the jobs lost for your vindictiveness
    and Democrats wonder why they lost. why republicans now control 34 state governorships 29 states with both house and senates, the presidency and the federal house and senate
    No, what needs to be done is stop all the corporate tax loopholes, such as whereby they merge with overseas companies for the sole purpose of reincorporating there to avoid paying US taxes. Research how many companies have done just such in Ireland, for example. Trump does not give a shit about the average worker. All he cares about is big business, and by changing regulations and reducing taxes on said businesses and corporations, guess who that benefits - Trump, the corporate businessowner. Open your eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too early to call. He's not in office, so I am not impressed.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

And to be super clear, the problem I have with this isn't even that he didn't get everything he promised.
    I think the problem is you hate Trump and anything he does is going to be bad by default.

Uh... you seem to have missed jobs numbers over the last 8 years.

dang dude caught me
    It's alright man, just take a deep breath and get back to work. I'm betting those 1,000 people who get to keep their job are pretty happy with Trump and his PR scheme.

Deleted
    Trump already making America great again.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    It's alright man, just take a deep breath and get back to work. I'm betting those 1,000 people who get to keep their job are pretty happy with Trump and his PR scheme.
    Right, fuck those other 1,000 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Uh... you seem to have missed jobs numbers over the last 8 years.
    caused more by people dropping out of the work force then ones actually getting jobs
    and the jobs that we did gain wasn't middle class decent paying manufacturing jobs but part time low pay service industry jobs

and the lefties in this thread demonstrate again why they lost the election. Not surprising given the utter contempt you have for those who don't think like you. Ironic that it extends to blue-collar person, which they label the 'working class' or 'deplorable'. I thought the left leaning Democrats were supposed to stand up for these guys?

So massive tax break I take it? Going to be a lot of companies looking to shake down an administration happy to cough up.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Trump already making America great again.
    Remember, this is a deal. They didn't just do this out of the kindness of their hearts. They're expecting corporate tax cuts and axed regulations. Willy nilly cutting of regulations is dangerous, because regulations tend to be there for a good reason.

If we take the first step towards all becoming Kansas to save 1000 jobs, then I'd contend we've made America worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Right, fuck those other 1,000 though.
    That's a number that somebody else pulled out of their ass. I didn't bother questioning it the first time, but if you're going to make a bigger issue about it, how about a source for that?

Washington Post article says that Carrier originally announced that 1,400 jobs were moving to Mexico, not 2,000. They also previously agreed to keep 400 jobs in country after pressure was applied, before this agreement with Trump. With that unconfirmed math, Trump saved all the jobs. What now?

I guess direct presidential intervention in the free market is now a Republican thing?