Eye of Guarm (Crit Roll) Vs Memento of Angerboda

I have a eye of guarm trinket off ToV it rolled at 880, I also have a 875 memento of angerboda

381k with With eye of guarm trinket
    394k with Memento of Angerboda according to simcraft

eye of guarm is a stat stick with 1631 agility and 1043 crit

I figured the stat stick would be better but according to simcraft it is worse than a 875 angerboda

What is everyone thought? is simcraft incorrect here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by okokokokokok View Post
    I have a eye of guarm trinket off ToV it rolled at 880, I also have a 875 memento of angerboda

381k with With eye of guarm trinket
    394k with Memento of Angerboda according to simcraft

eye of guarm is a stat stick with 1631 agility and 1043 crit

I figured the stat stick would be better but according to simcraft it is worse than a 875 angerboda

What is everyone thought? is simcraft incorrect here
    What's your current crit % with memento?

Use AMR to sim it as well, see if that gives you anything else.

Deleted
    I don't think you can compare Angerboda to a stat stick like Eye.
    The difference is that first can give you 3 different stats, some times 2 or 3 at a time. Also when someone die in the part/raid you get guaranteed proc from it. I think this is very powerful especialy for progress where the people start to die at the last 5-10% of a boss. At 875 ilvl i think the amount of rating that give you is in the range of 5000+ crit/haste/mastery and that is huuuge. I don't think Simc can fully grasp on this.
    The only trinket that you can compare Angerboda is propably the trinket from the world bosses Soul Takers. But still the above reason I stated makes the trinket very OP, and also if you use chaos blades you can get like 1 mln opener(not sure if chaos blades snapshoot or scale dynamically tho).

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    The difference is that first can give you 3 different stats, some times 2 or 3 at a time. Also when someone die in the part/raid you get guaranteed proc from it. I think this is very powerful especialy for progress where the people start to die at the last 5-10% of a boss. At 875 ilvl i think the amount of rating that give you is in the range of 5000+ crit/haste/mastery and that is huuuge. I don't think Simc can fully grasp on this.
    The only trinket that you can compare Angerboda is propably the trinket from the world bosses Soul Takers. But still the above reason I stated makes the trinket very OP, and also if you use chaos blades you can get like 1 mln opener(not sure if chaos blades snapshoot or scale dynamically tho).
    Chaos blades is snapshot, atleast the dmg increasing part, thats why you can use a set will full mastery, activate chaos blade and switch to your normal gear right before boss pull

I would use angeboda too, crit proc is always good, haste in combination with ursoc trinket (which procs pretty often) is a small bl, and mastery procs right before using chaos blades are great, rare, but great when it happens

Deleted
    If you have Eye of Command, Eye of Guarm all day. Otherwise, doesn't matter.

Does simcraft take into account the double/triple proc possibility? I'm thinking it's slightly undervalued on simcraft and doesn't compare to Bloodthirsty/Arcanocrystal of the same ilvl on my sims.

Deleted
    What I ment is that in the case of Angerboda I hardly believe that SimC takes into account that someone can die mid fight and that several people can die in the execute phase.
    I have seen that, experienced it. Classic examples are Ursoc and Cenarius. In last phase you can choose to sacriface the person who get the charge, someone might fuck up and stay in the path of the boss with debuff. On Cenarius people can die to brambles, not resetting stacks, drake pulses etc. Many possibilities for people to fuck up and die.
    This makes the trinket way more OP than simulation can show, because the simulation assume "perfect" raid enviorment, in this situation understand that noone dies for the whole fight.

Now picture this - last 20% of a boss fight, you throw everything you got at the boss, meta is off cooldown and you blow it, suddenly boss cast X spell that instakill 3 people for Y reason.You are in meta, propably with BL on AND you get 3 buffs to crit, mastery and haste for over 5k rating each!
    What do you think? Can that compare to a stat stick with 1000 crit? I personaly will DE Eye of Guram if had 875 ilvl Angerboda
    Last edited by mmoc0c907153ea; 2016-12-01 at 09:36 AM.

What I ment is that in the case of Angerboda I hardly believe that SimC takes into account that someone can die mid fight and that several people can die in the execute phase.
    I have seen that, experienced it. Classic examples are Ursoc and Cenarius. In last phase you can choose to sacriface the person who get the charge, someone might fuck up and stay in the path of the boss with debuff. On Cenarius people can die to brambles, not resetting stacks, drake pulses etc. Many possibilities for people to fuck up and die.
    This makes the trinket way more OP than simulation can show, because the simulation assume "perfect" raid enviorment, in this situation understand that noone dies for the whole fight.

Now picture this - last 20% of a boss fight, you throw everything you got at the boss, meta is off cooldown and you blow it, suddenly boss cast X spell that instakill 3 people for Y reason.You are in meta, propably with BL on AND you get 3 buffs to crit, mastery and haste for over 5k rating each!
    What do you think? Can that compare to a stat stick with 1000 crit? I personaly will DE Eye of Guram if had 875 ilvl Angerboda
    I could get a perfect string of crits on an entire fight and hardly even have to wait for fury.
    I could never get targeted with Rot, Gaze, or any other debuff causing me to have to move out of melee.
    I could get perfect timing on the dream state and soak all corruption causing me to get a massive damage boost right as Meta comes off CD right before coming out of the dream, AND then popping meta again after waking up.

We don't sim based on what-if's and hypothetical and we shouldn't base the value of gear on it either. You level the playing field for statistical balance and then compare. Otherwise it's pointless.

Deleted
    I think you didn't understand what i wrote. I described events that you are not responsible to and doesn't concern you personaly. Yes you could propably get the "what-if" scenarios you are describing, but I was just trying to describe scenarios to explain the difference between the two trinkets and why Simc is missing one key component on of how Angerboda work.
    Ill try as simple as possible:
    - Eye of Guram is stat stick. Nothing special here, right?
    - Angerboda is proc trinket. Can proc 3 different stats - crit, mastery and haste, but also part of the mechanic of the trinket is guaranteed proc if someone in the party or raid group die. Now that is the special part, right?
    And lets admit it - people die during fights, some out of stupidity, most of during progression and/or on execute phases where you try to push and whore dps. This is the part that Simc can not take into account and show you how powerful that trinket actualy is or can be.
    Last edited by mmoc0c907153ea; 2016-12-01 at 03:05 PM.