Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    doesn't surprise me

this is the most unbalanced season ever

#destroyworldofmeleecraft
    Which is ironic because the devs seemed to have put the most work into balancing PvP...just shows how out of touch they are and have no idea what they're doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    (That's what I think as well if it was not clear - that Legion is overall good, and it is Legion PVP that is having a stroke.)
    Well yea. They removed gear progression and apparently its still unbalanced. The first part propped up pvp progression for years.

Pvp in wow is a tricky proposition. It ostensible requires more coordination than something like lfr or dungeons but for most people is completely queable.

Deleted
    RNG boxes with a shitty cod prestige system

Hopefully Blizz realizes that people hate random rewards from PvP.

As a caster DPS, fuck the melee train. Even when ranged were better overall than melee in previous seasons, it didn't feel as frustrating as the game does right now. You just get ripped to fucking shreds by unpeelable melee trains that have more mobility, burst, and CC than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

all the top PvPers say Legion is pretty good right now.. the reasons people don't play are unrelated to how balanced or skill-based it is. I'd say the #1 reason some people don't play is because it doesn't feed you gear when you're bad, which 99% of people are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Is this a veiled "WoW is dying, people unsub over pvp" thread?

I love it how now WoD gets pulled into topics as a good example.
    Its a topic made by the OP. what else would you expect? he has been doing this for years now.

Back on Topic.
    I stopped pvping because I am just to busy with loads of other things in the game, there is loads of content I am doing and I am enjoying more.
    PvP was always just a "Ill do this when I have nothing else to do" and I was never an all star at it either.
    With Legion there is just so much to do that I have no time to even start pvping really.

Deleted
    Okay lets pretend like WoD was not garbage as well...

In fact I don't remember when WoW pvp was ever decent apart from a few seasons during WOTLK and Mist of pandaria had broken but fun specs.

Really this is all a rant about random gear but who gives a fuck when the pvp is crap, gear won't make it suddenly good

- - - Updated - - -

And yes at least 50% of pvp players are slackers who are enable to join a guild due to poor social skills and too lazy to do pve to acquire gear. So they want the easy road: pvp. Especially given that arena gear was always easy to get and there were always many cheesy strategies to get it without even playing well. The proof is these people don't give a crap about the quality of pvp and class gameplay, they just need that gear because thats all they play the game for.
    Last edited by mmocc90fcf6aa1; 2016-12-01 at 09:47 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Legion is a good expansion, I played only casual PVP last 3 addons, and now I returned to PVE stuff, because I actually have fun.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

I used to love PVP in wow and actively played the game mostly for PVP reasons since vanilla to wod. After trying legion PVP I just straight up quit, everything about it is awful. Class balance, melee power, the reward system, honor tokens - everything is awful. I switched to full PVE mode in legion and I haven't looked back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxok View Post
    all the top PvPers say Legion is pretty good right now.. the reasons people don't play are unrelated to how balanced or skill-based it is. I'd say the #1 reason some people don't play is because it doesn't feed you gear when you're bad, which 99% of people are.
    and the top pvpers are all blizzard brown nosers with them shoved up mike morhaimes ass, they say pvp is fine cos top rated pvpers make money or try to through wow pvp be it doing tournaments or streaming on twitch

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Its a topic made by the OP. what else would you expect? he has been doing this for years now.
    Except this is not "WoW is dying, people unsub over pvp" thread, this is "Legion is good, but Legion PVP is total crap and a step back that needs to be fixed" thread, and I said so already. But, yeah, it's me who is responsible for the ladder collapse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    and the top pvpers are all blizzard brown nosers with them shoved up mike morhaimes ass, they say pvp is fine cos top rated pvpers make money or try to through wow pvp be it doing tournaments or streaming on twitch
    Even simpler, top PVPers in expansion X always say that PVP in expansion X is fine, because those PVPers who think it is bad don't PVP in that expansion or just leave the game. The endorsement from top PVPers means nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Well yea. They removed gear progression and apparently its still unbalanced. The first part propped up pvp progression for years.
    I used to PvP for around 2/3 of my play time. Now its more like 1/20th if even that and it's mostly world PvP because gear doesn't matter any more. Basically if I wanted a game where you could just jump in without any kind of progression or character improvement, I wouldnt be playing WoW. Removing that was a really bad decision, I think.

Can't say for everyone, but as for me personally, its because a whole bunch of reasons, like:

- pruning - blizzard removed exactly pvp stuff from all specs, leaving them with basic pve bare bones. This was the biggest problem IMO.
    - melee rapetrain - I don't really need to explain this, do I? The problem though lies not in melee mongo damage, problem is any melee hardcounter any caster while any caster can't do jack's shit against any melee because blizzard pruned casters tools while leaving melee tools at previous level.
    - lack of rewards - not only no gear, but also no special unique rewards...
    - Legion's class "balance" - nobody wants to play arenas with shadow priest. RBGs are better... but they require too much time and dedication, almost as raiding does. Which is a no-no, considering lack of rewards.

So, I left pvp behind.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    RNG boxes with a shitty cod prestige system
    Pvpers finally got a taste of the devs love of rng. No more vendor
    Random everything! How exciting!!!

Deleted
    That's a daft thing to say. I can safely assume not watched many top pvp streams or you would realize the reality of it. If the pvp is completely unbalanced the first people to speak out will be the top pvpers. The people you describe are people like swifty. The MOST toxic people in this game play PvP at a high level so I have no idea where your information comes from.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxok View Post
    k

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/35...ning-worth-it/

Called it back then. Reward system and pvp template make pvp in Legion unappealing. Broken balance and slow and wrong tuning seal the deal.
    Last edited by Gratlim; 2016-12-01 at 06:37 PM.

Deleted
    swifty is a shit player who got boosted to gladiator hes a mediocre warrior at best, and he sold out to razer, swifty was popular back in like 2009

10+ Year Old Account
    And THIS is why I gave up WoW for shooters. Of course I no longer scream "HEALS YOU MONGLOID PIG FUCKER" but rather "TAKE OBJECTIVE C YOU SHITSTAIN WASTE OF A HUMAN LIFE!!"

Good times.