Thread: Burn Outs

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drglatze View Post
    i am seriously curious: how do you get burn out from a game?! i can kinda understand when you get a burn out irl but in a game?! can anyone explain what exactly this mean?
    You do something too often, it gets boring = burn out. If you say "then don't do what's boring", sure, but the game keeps you doing that due to the incentives.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Yes, you're clearly a paragon of intellect from your previous eloquent posts. Please speak slow for me so I can understand
    Yet again you add nothing but a personal attack to this thread glad you are here you really add to the thread/conversation

10+ Year Old Account
    i am seriously curious: how do you get burn out from a game?! i can kinda understand when you get a burn out irl but in a game?! can anyone explain what exactly this mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You do something too often, it gets boring = burn out. If you say "then don't do what's boring", sure, but the game keeps you doing that due to the incentives.
    It's not only things that are done many times, that can burn you out. I think it's possible, that things you can't do because of other things you feel you have to do have the same effect.

Even in our raid are people who have their weapon-ap almost maxed out, but these people work, raid, have 2 or 3 alts on lvl 110.
    And then I sometimes feel like, while doing WQs for AP with the main char, but actually I'd rather play my alts. Or would do pet battles, run old raids for mounts or whatever else there is for the fun of playing. But I have to get that AP because...

It happens now and then that I log off because I don't like the pressure about how and what I play. I'd rather enjoy the game. Maybe I should think about leaving the raid, so the pressure goes away?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattzo View Post
    4/7m 3/3hc here and our raid seems to be falling apart too, maybe its just the holiday season but I don't have a good feeling about the raids future. Seems like people don't like ToV.

I myself am still very motivated but things like the legendary system are really bugging me.
    like me, i wont resub anymore, this legendary system killed wow for me. you can point 32451251 ways to blizzard how to fix it, but they wont listen. Yes ive tried :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Are guilds who are similarly progressed like us seeing this level of burn outs?
    Just the opposite. We moved to two mythic capable teams this expansion, one 7/7, 2/3 while the other is 6/7, 1/3. We are considering adding another raiding team due to having more interest from non raiding roster members. Outside of Raiding, I have seen, similar to WoD, more friends who have played in the past come back, and more activity on my friends list in years.

Deleted
    I personally find it funny when people say they unsubbed because of the legendary system.

Really? Unsubbed because you did not get the piece of gear that you wanted?

Most of the time those are the ones that say "TBC was so much better". Not sure if they remember Black temple and the Legendary that dropped there (VERY RARELY). Would they have also unsubbed if they didn't get that one from their raid leader in the first ID?

Deleted
    I think there was a significant portion of the wow playerbase that only enjoyed raiding. Tying raiding so closely to dungeons and dailies which has historically been optional content was a mistake. I think blizzard focused too much on player power instead of cosmetic or fun rewards from both mythic plus dungeons as well as world quests.

No, it's not forced on you but as someone who cares about your performance and is competitive you definitely feel compelled. I think a lot of people are frustrated that your performance in raids is largely decided by the things you do out of the raid to an extent that it has never been before. Coupled with the fact you can't compete on the rankings unless you've got at least one good legendary, likely two. Those things combined give players who want to be competitive three options: grind a ton of mythic+ dungeons regardless if they are fun or not, stop caring about your performance (their biggest motivation to play?), or just quit and hope blizzard changes the system come next expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    I personally find it funny when people say they unsubbed because of the legendary system.

Really? Unsubbed because you did not get the piece of gear that you wanted?

Most of the time those are the ones that say "TBC was so much better". Not sure if they remember Black temple and the Legendary that dropped there (VERY RARELY). Would they have also unsubbed if they didn't get that one from their raid leader in the first ID?
    It was dropping at the last boss of the final raid in TBC (they threw in Sunwell because WotLK got delayed). So even if you got the warglaives, they were only neat until the next xpac landed. That made a lot of difference. Noone expected you to have farmed your own set of warglaives. If you had them, it was super-cool, but your entire progress for all future raiding wasn't hinging on you having it.

Contrast that to legion

Quote Originally Posted by Grubsnik View Post
    they threw in Sunwell because WotLK got delayed).
    Do you have any actual evidence supporting that, or are you just repeating unsubstantiated echo chamber noise?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I'm seriously curious how you don't understand how someone can get burned out of a game. Have you played WoW 365 days a year for the past 12 years and every time you log in, you feel like it's your first time? How long can you log in, due your daily quests, gather your herbs, go to raid - repeat. Have you every logged in, stared at the screen and said "I don't feel like doing the grind today"? If so, you have experienced burn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendawgg View Post
    Ok.

And i can confidently say that you have no clue as to why your raid team ACTUALLY failed. My guild has maybe 2-3 members who have a maxed out artifact weapon. Only one guy who has BIS legendaries.

We're a casual guild. Not hardcore by any stretch of the imagination. We don't even try to be. We raid 9hrs a week.

AP Grind? I don't bother with it. The AP comes naturally just from playing the game. Im simply in no rush.

Maybe try that? If your raid is struggling, maybe they just need reps? Strat change? Believe it or not, DPS checks are often missed during the first several attempts. DPS increase as players get comfortable with positioning and the strat.

Most of the time it's not gear that holds a team back...
    I have +7 to +11% of my entire damage in a fight coming from one gold talent, and 5 % from a single trinket proc.
    It means that about 12 to 16 % of my damage is one trinket + one artifact rank. That's about what was one entire tier of gear in earlier WoW. Legendaries have even more impact.
    And you're going to say that AP/legendaries/gear isn't something that hold a team back ?

I quit because I couldn't keep up with the demand. I was holding our team back because I rarely ran m+... The grind in legion is simply too much. Way too much.

To the point where you get whispers from raid members saying things like, you know m+ has no lockout you can do it on your main instead of your alt...

Fuck no. That shit got boring ages ago the only way to keep the game somewhat interesting now is to play another character. Never mind the fact that legion is seriously alt unfriendly. But in a progression guild you have to take whatever advantage you can get to stay ahead. I burnt out hard trying to keep up. I'm still playing but not raiding on a roster just doing stuff whenever I feel like It. And it feels good actually.
    Last edited by pkm; 2016-12-02 at 02:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Yes, avoiding the one actually meaningful piece of data is very nice. Fandoggies are yapping happily, shareholders might murmur but shouldn't get overly spooked, sceptical people with limited impact on the revenue keep the usual sarcasm. Nothing new here.
    so again nothing?

Deleted
    Raiding is draining but what's even more draining is having to show up at fixed times to play a videogame.

For many it will feel like a job and they often quit after a while.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Yet again you add nothing but a personal attack to this thread glad you are here you really add to the thread/conversation
    Awww, look at the poor little "victim". You settled down with that crazy talk though, didn't you? Pump your breaks bud
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

we lost 4 core members from our rather decent raiding team. No mythic guild. only heroic, but thats what we wanted. Out of the blue we lost 4 members. all of them said more or less the same. AP and aritfact weapons fucked them over, they wanted to play alts but all their time had to go on the main to be competetive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just an idea but did they quit *the guild* or are they just not raiding at the moment? I stopped raiding a few weeks ago since the end of the semester is coming up and finals are brutal. Are the people that "quit" students?

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Raiding is draining but what's even more draining is having to show up at fixed times to play a videogame.

For many it will feel like a job and they often quit after a while.
    For me, my most active schedule ever has been 3 nights a week. That felt like an organized hobby to me and I loved it.

In Legion, you can try to do a 3 night a week schedule, but you certainly won't progress far in Mythics unless most of the raid is spending the majority of their outside of raid time grinding.

Deleted
    Just returned to the game. Wonder if it will be fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    For me, my most active schedule ever has been 3 nights a week. That felt like an organized hobby to me and I loved it.

In Legion, you can try to do a 3 night a week schedule, but you certainly won't progress far in Mythics unless most of the raid is spending the majority of their outside of raid time grinding.
    Having this issue in my guild atm. 3 months into a new expansion, and people are already playing other games and only logging in for raid nights. If you're not playing on non-raid nights, you will fall behind very quickly. Mythic+ probably has better loot efficiency than raiding right now, and if you're only waiting on raid drops, you're just being a leech to your guildmates who *are* online running them.