Page 18 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    woah weird, you just jumped in on nothing and mentioned my guildies and parses. this is the point i was making. thank you for proving that.

but actually my top 50 EU guild is pretty good, thanks for the concern

- - - Updated - - -

you made alot of assumptions. all of these assumptions were based on your shortcomings as a DK on the fights you mentioned. this is not a reflection of other players.
    No matter how good you or your guild are, even if you are the best DK in the world, you´ll deal less damage than your peers: "https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#dataset=100" <--top parses. So, when you play a spec to it maximum potential and still is miles away from others top performers, there is a problem.

I think the run speed issue is more of a "they promised us" thing. They said we would be purposefully slow and in exchange we would have very high damage. That has not played out, and they have never walked back that "fantasy" so we still expect it to be a thing.

Deleted
    you made alot of assumptions. all of these assumptions were based on your shortcomings as a DK on the fights you mentioned. this is not a reflection of other players.
    Care to show us your logs and replays then? Maybe us shitters could learn something from a pro like you. I'm personally very interested in knowing how you do all that with a single 45s movement CD. Since you're on a top 50 guild, surely you have these.

Quote Originally Posted by Halliax View Post
    No matter how good you or your guild are, even if you are the best DK in the world, you´ll deal less damage than your peers: "https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#dataset=100" <--top parses. So, when you play a spec to it maximum potential and still is miles away from others top performers, there is a problem.
    Yeah... Dankdruid is clearly a troll, as he offered zero substantiation for any of his claims.

The point is - I know how to analyze numbers, so I can see the actual DATA that UH DKs are not performing at a level that is acceptable relative to their peers.

Frost leads on every fight (last I checked, pretty sure that's still the case).

UH started the expansion as the top performing spec. Blizzard said *explicitly* that they recognized the investment in time and resources people would be making in their specs, so they would not buff an underperforming spec above the top performing spec for a given class. Then they went and did it.

I don't know how people can't understand that UH DKs are bent out of shape about this.

- - - Updated - - -

And, on the general DK front, I find this LOL-worthy:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/12#boss=2008

3 Frost parses, 1 UH parse. Yikes.

EDIT - and yeah, there are a lot of specs that have super low representation, I get it. Small sample size is small. This is more of just a... curiosity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    Since Legion.

DKs never had the best mobility, but they always had decent mobility, heck when they were first introduced they had an ability that boosted the movement speed of the entire raid.

Honestly being last in mobility isn't the biggest issue, the issue is the way we are in last mobility, Wraith Walk is awful, and DKs never really received the compensation they were promised for having the worst mobility in the game.

Can we function with Wraith Walk? Sure, but there really is not reason for us to have it so bad.
    Sorry i thought you were suggesting we had bad mibility for a long time and not just in legion.

My mistake for not realising what you meant.

- - - Updated - - -

woah weird, you just jumped in on nothing and mentioned my guildies and parses. this is the point i was making. thank you for proving that.

but actually my top 50 EU guild is pretty good, thanks for the concern

- - - Updated - - -

Dankdriud, the parses i meant just in general - i havent looked up your logs to compare - i was just making a prediction that your (for example) 90% parses will compare (roughly) to mage 60% logs. Check them out yourself and compare.

If you are really competitive against magii, rogues, warriors etc etc then id like to know what you're doing that the rest of us arent.

Im no where near top50 skill level, but i still feel i should be able to compete against similarly skilled and geared guildies, yet i cant.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Well it is seem the dk would be in a higher position since many specs are nerfed and the scaling stats also nerfed
    Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Right now, on the PTR, player power is definitely down a few percent compared to live. The next build will have changes that increase the total amount of stats given by all items above level 800 to account for this gap, such that the overall power of your equipped items should be about the same (if not slightly higher) than it is currently in 7.1.
    As for the movement speed, i honestly do not expect any changes. Blizzard are now obsessed with their class fantasy ideas and thats the end of the story. Just like how back in the day they removed DK's raid presence buffs and said that this is too OP, and now they gave monks a passive raid movement speed buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    "Additionally, as we continue tuning for Patch 7.1.5, we’ll make adjustments as necessary on a spec-by-spec basis."

From the front page, now can people stop freaking out and making ultimatums and such when it's till clearly early ptr builds
    Because it hasn't been said before.... Look I get it, you somehow still have faith in blizz but the fact that they've done fucked us up since Cara's beta gives me enough reasons to distrust them and keep saying the sky is falling =D it'll take a lot to regain the community's trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    As for the movement speed, i honestly do not expect any changes. Blizzard are now obsessed with their class fantasy ideas and thats the end of the story. Just like how back in the day they removed DK's raid presence buffs and said that this is too OP, and now they gave monks a passive raid movement speed buff.
    I do agree with you about the movement thing but honestly the whole class fantasy thing is hilarious especially with frost, DKs have terrible mobility because you're a slow moving juggernaut...who attacks rapidly dual wielding weapons

DK runspeed absolutely will not be touched before 8.0. You can take that to the bank. If it bothers you, reroll. I did.

What I'd like to see for DK's movement:

- Wraith Walk with 100% move speed, 3 sec duration and 30 sec CD which allows us to attack. Useful for burst movement such as moving to Hyrja/Hymdall during Odyn P2.
    - A simple +10% baseline movement speed buff. Useful for heavy movement fights like Helya and Odyn in ToV.

I think that these would be sufficient while still keeping us at the bottom when compared to other melee's mobility (since that's what the devs want).

Currently I have 110% movement speed on my Frost DK thanks to 2 items that have bonus speed on them. Obviously it felt better in previous expansions, but since I got this extra move speed it's been a much better experience for me than baseline 100% move speed.

But to be honest, I doubt anything movement related will be addressed for DKs, we'll just have to wait and see.

15% from Unholy Presence, 10% from DA, 10% from cloak enchant
    They never stacked the higher value was the one you had, except for the cloak enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephirosu View Post
    Because it hasn't been said before.... Look I get it, you somehow still have faith in blizz but the fact that they've done fucked us up since Cara's beta gives me enough reasons to distrust them and keep saying the sky is falling =D it'll take a lot to regain the community's trust.
    If you think the process DKsm have had in Legion so far is being ignored you're just crying wolf

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    They never stacked the higher value was the one you had, except for the cloak enchant.
    No they always stacked. Don't know why you're clearly so off on thinking this

There was a point where the 8% boot enchant and 15% unholy presence didn't stack, actually, now that he brings it up-- I forgot about that. Death's Advance always stacked.

It was very inconsistent; some runspeed auras stacked and some didn't. That was changed in WoD when they changed runspeed stacking to additive rather than multiplicative and simplified it by making everything stack, period.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...movement_speed

Latest modified list.

WOTLK: 15% Unholy Pres = 115% runspeed
    Cataclysm: 15% Unholy Pres = 115% runspeed
    MoP Unholy spec: 15% Unholy Pres * 10% Death's Advance = 127% runspeed
    MoP Frost spec: 8% boot enchant * 10% Death's Advance = 119% runspeed
    WoD Unholy spec: 15% Unholy Pres + 10% cloak enchant + 10% Death's Advance = 135% runspeed
    WoD Frost spec: 10% cloak enchant + 10% Death's Advance = 120% runspeed
    Legion: 100% runspeed
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2016-12-02 at 04:44 PM.

The only thing that makes the freaking runspeed not so fucking shit is the boots.
    In 7.1.5 they are letting them work with crit so you can get to around 20% runspeed.

Still shit since they'll take up a slot, but at least you can run.

Oh and while we're at the running speed thing - don't you find it hilarious that they haven't still done jack shit about wraith walk getting stuck on things?

Last time they were so clueless was the feral hitbox thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    The only thing that makes the freaking runspeed not so fucking shit is the boots.
    In 7.1.5 they are letting them work with crit so you can get to around 20% runspeed.

Still shit since they'll take up a slot, but at least you can run.

Oh and while we're at the running speed thing - don't you find it hilarious that they haven't still done jack shit about wraith walk getting stuck on things?

Last time they were so clueless was the feral hitbox thing.
    Well, it's not too bad, considering all the Frost legendaries besides the bracers (and even those, to a lesser extent) are mediocre as fuck and barely a DPS increase, so you can switch any of them out at any point for the boots whenever necessary. Unholy has some better legendaries, but I'd probably still use the boots over anything that isn't the bracers.

Quote Originally Posted by protosync View Post
    Those legendary legs.

Consort's Cold Core
    One thing is blowing off my mind: when I first looked at those legs, it seemed to me they would have the BoS cooldown, but now they halve Fury's cooldown. Is it just me, or Blizzard really switched them to the other Sindragosa-themed ability?

10+ Year Old Account
    Was more quoting you cus you were the most recent comment on it.
    Baseline as long as WW prevents attacking it sucks. Could be 30 seconds long, would still be horrendous
    Well, I don't mind that you can't attack (it's something that differentiates it from Sprint/Pally Horse, etc) so long as it does its job as a snap mobility to help get to the target or escape an area in raids.

Right now, 70% on 45s CD is just shit. If they are going to put the no attack restriction on it, then I'd like to see us going 100% speed at least and have the CD up enough to be used after every pull on a M+ dungeon.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Right now, on the PTR, player power is definitely down a few percent compared to live. The next build will have changes that increase the total amount of stats given by all items above level 800 to account for this gap, such that the overall power of your equipped items should be about the same (if not slightly higher) than it is currently in 7.1.
    You have the same mobility that paladin have, at least you are not warlock with a gateway with 2 min cd for using it again and 10 seg of casting and the circle is just 5 minutes and you have to position really good

Nope. Ret mobility sucks too, don't get me wrong, but they do have it much better than DKs. Their sprint has the same 45s cooldown but it has two charges, moves 30% faster, and they can attack while using it.

Warlocks are a ranged spec. It's fine for a ranged spec to move at 100% runspeed, because they don't need to be in melee range. I have no problems playing my warlock. Also they can talent into a 50% sprint with zero cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    You have the same mobility that paladin have, at least you are not warlock with a gateway with 2 min cd for using it again and 10 seg of casting and the circle is just 5 minutes and you have to position really good
    Hm...a 100% runspeed increase for 3 sec 45 sec cd, talentable into 2 charges, allowing to use all your abilities while using it vs a 70% runspeed increase for 3 sec 45 sec cd, that is channelled, broken by any action, and gets stuck on stairs and rough terrain.
    What to pick...hard choice

And when warlock will need to stay in melee range to do damage - we will compare ourselves to them k?

Oh and that portal thing is a valuable raid utility, that can justify bringing you to raid btw.