Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    snip
    i can agree with the game being a mindless grind without any challenges, but i cant agree with your second point about pixel rewards being worthless.

nothing in the world entitles you to any grand status, yet in the right circles it can mean a lot. for example you can be top level computer programmer, but no cast director will give a flying fuck about that, while it will help you tremendously when looking for computer related job position. and in-game achievements are the same, nobody outside the game will give a flying fuck about you downing mythic helya, but when looking for a guild or even a pug, the achievement will be highly valuable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop acting like the shit we're doing in WoW entitles you to some grand status ffs, all we're doing is pressing buttons almost mindlessly at this point.
    Soooooooooooooooooooooo..... Dilemma here, mate.

My job involves pressing buttons almost mindlessly every time at work... So, you are saying that I am not a hardworker? If I don't press these buttons, I don't get a pixalated notch in the chart that I need. If I do not take a chance on applying a new method (standing in the fire) then I won't have much 'progression' either. I have done the same thing, in one way or the other, for the past 13 years, and still do so - and enjoy my field of work.

Oh, and yes, I have played World of Warcraft since the launch, and I have no regret.

In the end, learn this phrase.

Your time, your dime.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    You're from Quebec, most likely not your personal choice and had no say in it but if you're strictly talking hard work, I hope the province enjoys the equalization it receives from Saskatchewan for contributing nothing to the rest of Canada. I guess Just for Laughs was pretty popular in the 90's though.

Very cool and interesting
    Feral Meme machine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, tell people how much "hard work" you did while playing a video game, see how seriously anyone takes you. Because it's recreation. It's a game. It's not productive at all. Same as watching TV all weekend or something.

So yeah, the WoW culture is pretty silly in this regard.
    I know it is silly, just the OP's wording that made me annoyed. The same, the McD jobs aren't really hard work either. As well, when jobs come to an age, they aren't hard working either.

Not saying a computer game is hard work, but it is still 'work' in the fact of time and use of it. I can't go in to productivity due to well, how I view some work positions and countries that handles them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That part is true, but it's not really the point.
    That is the point though. The OP's point is as valid as the person playing to 'achieve' something they wish to gain.

Can't really compare real life with a virtual life. In my book.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Man, it's a game.

If it ever starts to feel like hard work, then it's time to switch to a new hobby...

unless I'm getting paid for it; then it's just a job, but that's a whole different rant.

If you can't tell the difference between an eye opening
    My eyes are open, but thank you.

It's called "work" because it's a shortened phrase for little more than persistent play, which is exactly what the genre is all about. Play often / frequently, and you get rewards for it.

If OP cares to show us a pve-focused MMO that does not have a repetitive content factor, we'll all be patiently waiting to hear about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If OP cares to show us a pve-focused MMO that does not have a repetitive content factor, we'll all be patiently waiting to hear about it.
    So, none, basically. Haha.

I lost my shit laughing at the "eye-opening", good stuff OP 9/11
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Can't really compare real life with a virtual life. In my book.
    Yeap. The comparison OP complains about is that of a player that doesn't put much effort into a game vs a player that does.

Not of a player that puts much effort into a game vs a person that puts much effort into a job.

Everything past that is just nitpicking of using certain words to describe putting time/effort into a game (saying it's "hard work").

Its stems from TBC where everything took a huge amount of grind time to accomplish anything. You could not raid basically unless you wanted to grind special reps, special attunements, special mats and gear and grind grind and more grind.

Deleted
    If you can't tell the difference between an eye opening post and bait
    Um. You might have just slightly too high thoughts about the quality of your post.

I'm not baiting people into anything. If you can't tell the difference between an eye opening post and bait then I have nothing to speak with you anyway, since you're obviously not here to discuss anything in the first place, just looking to feel like you're a victim.
    Playing a video game on computer is not considered work. So, next topic ?

No, but it equates to dedication.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Consider 2 software projects of equal difficulty/complexity, in the same language, etc etc: One you complete in one month. The other you complete in one year.

Which do you think will feel more satisfying/rewarding/fullfiling to complete?
    The one month one, because the one that takes a year, you've probably stopped caring by the time you finish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rant thread. Argumentative. Non-constructive.

Already enough threads about grinding already, Jesus.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-grind-because

Closed.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."