Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Etoo View Post
    Oh good, another pay-to-win battle pet.
    Care to explain how it's "pay to win"? No promo/store pet gives you any advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    In the end it comes down to whether you want the pet or not with that little bonus of 'charity'. Personally I'd rather donate directly rather than give multi million dollar companies tax writeoffs from them taking advantage of the word 'charity' and in the end get to write off my own taxes.
    Stop lying, you've never filed taxes in your life that didn't include the letters "EZ" in it.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie of Medivh View Post
    Stop lying, you've never filed taxes in your life that didn't include the letters "EZ" in it.
    because so far he has stated that, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    I'll stop replying to this thread after this.

Using "Charity" as a marketing strategy is despicable and I don't support that. Again, my morals. Pretty undervalued moral, but that's the only way you get rid of the people that use "Charity" for their own good.
    And again, how is it a marketing strategy when literally all of the proceeds is going to charity? This isn't "5% of all proceeds go to some anonymous charity you don't know but exists!" This is right there in black and white "100% goes to M-A-W until the 31st". If you don't want to give the money to Blizz, then buy it now and have all of your money go to charity...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    In the end it comes down to whether you want the pet or not with that little bonus of 'charity'. Personally I'd rather donate directly rather than give multi million dollar companies tax writeoffs from them taking advantage of the word 'charity' and in the end get to write off my own taxes.
    Then do it.

However, there are millions of people like me who normally WOULDN'T donate anything to charity but will now because they get a pet out of it... The 10$ I donated wouldn't have been donated if not for this pet. So whether it's a tax write-off or not, it's still a lot of money going to M-A-W that would normally not have been going there. I would have used this $10 on 2 cups of coffee if not for this.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

That video makes me wish that they'd make a Winter's Veil area in-game looking as good... Perhaps with some seasonal events, some new mounts (polar bear using updated form please!) and so on...

- - - Updated - - -
    I donate to support.
    You only choose NOT to support to feel good about yourself.

Is that goblin ever gonna appear ingame?

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    And again, how is it a marketing strategy when literally all of the proceeds is going to charity? This isn't "5% of all proceeds go to some anonymous charity you don't know but exists!" This is right there in black and white "100% goes to M-A-W until the 31st". If you don't want to give the money to Blizz, then buy it now and have all of your money go to charity...

- - - Updated - - -

Then do it.

However, there are millions of people like me who normally WOULDN'T donate anything to charity but will now because they get a pet out of it... The 10$ I donated wouldn't have been donated if not for this pet. So whether it's a tax write-off or not, it's still a lot of money going to M-A-W that would normally not have been going there. I would have used this $10 on 2 cups of coffee if not for this.

I feel like the 'its a deduction I only do it for taxes so I'd rather donate directly' argument is a bit flawed, and ignores the fact that plenty of people don't get those tax deductions anyway. All of my charitable donations, medical costs, student loan etc that could qualify for a deduction come up to WAY LESS than the standard deduction. And I'm married so that standard deduction is even higher than if I was single.

So great that guy has enough deductions that a $10 tax deduction would matter. Most tax payers don't have that luxury.

So when I donate, it's because I want to, not because I'm gonna get something out of it. But I definitely don't mind a wow pet, I've gotten most of the ones that donate to make-a-wish.

Just give the 10 bucks to charity straight across and spare yourself the useless pet with Dreamcast graphics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    I feel like the 'its a deduction I only do it for taxes so I'd rather donate directly' argument is a bit flawed, and ignores the fact that plenty of people don't get those tax deductions anyway. All of my charitable donations, medical costs, student loan etc that could qualify for a deduction come up to WAY LESS than the standard deduction. And I'm married so that standard deduction is even higher than if I was single.

So great that guy has enough deductions that a $10 tax deduction would matter. Most tax payers don't have that luxury.

So when I donate, it's because I want to, not because I'm gonna get something out of it. But I definitely don't mind a wow pet, I've gotten most of the ones that donate to make-a-wish.
    Tax write-offs are literally pennies. This site helps explain it better: http://www.thesimpledollar.com/chari...your-tax-bill/

Basically, you reduce your taxes by .25 cents for every dollar you donate. To Blizzard, a multi-billion dollar taking in several hundred million every quarter, it's technically not even noticeable. Let's assume they sell 50k pets which I doubt they will, that's $500k going to M-A-W foundation WHICH IS AWESOME! and they get to save about $125k in taxes. That's even assuming they're on the same tax bracket as us, which I severely doubt. I'm sure they pay much less taxes as a company than their employees pay... Even then, $125k translate to about how much they spend on paperclips every year...
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll stop replying to this thread after this.

Using "Charity" as a marketing strategy is despicable and I don't support that. Again, my morals. Pretty undervalued moral, but that's the only way you get rid of the people that use "Charity" for their own good.
    i dont think you understand what charity means
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Just awesome! This will be my first ever in game item purchase in the 10 years I have been playing. It's going to charity, Blizzard made a really awesome advertisement to do it, and the pet itself is adorable! Love it, and the Winter Veil stuff in the video has me wondering if Winter Veil will be a bit better this year?

Good stuff! I will not be responding to any ridiculous hate over this pet. The people who have anything negative to say about it really show their true selves, and frankly I'm not interested in their thoughts, nor do I care about anything these type of persons have to say about anything else. Typically these types of people believe their thoughts and opinions are really important, and yet they literally offer nothing constructive, positive, or of any real value to this world.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackwiches View Post
    Just give the 10 bucks to charity straight across and spare yourself the useless pet with Dreamcast graphics.
    Or I could spend 10 knowing it's still going to charity and get a nice looking kitty which would be cool for my pet collection?

It's not really cute but evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Etoo View Post
    Oh good, another pay-to-win battle pet.
    Lol an Iron Starlette would wreck this cat, stop being full of shit for the sole purpose of being full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    because so far he has stated that, right?
    The people who whine most about taxes often are the people who have the least to worry about them. This bright bulb is not itemizing his taxes and taking into account a 10$ charitable donation. He's spouting hot air to sound contrarian on a website.

If you don't like the Pet, don't buy it. If you do, buy it. If you don't care about the pet but like the cause, go for it either way. But stop acting like people who buy it are somehow less pure than anyone else.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they can give more insight into why DH's are being nerfed to death with fury generation and why we are getting a new OP legendary after the current one gets nerfed for being too OP.

Another giveaway entry

Blizzard is using charity to introduce micro transactions into a subscription game. Disgusting

Just a man who has hope...