Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    LOL BT 8 month content drought

hahahahahaahah.
    I don't know what's so lol or hahahaha about that because regardless if it afffected you or not that was a MASSIVE complain at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    I don't know what's so lol or hahahaha about that because regardless if it afffected you or not that was a MASSIVE complain at the time.
    It wasn't. I don't remember anyone in my guild complaining about farming BT. We were too busy being excited about the next glaives drop or who would get the next tier piece.

Content was fun and meaningful, people didn't get bored like nowadays.

There were guilds progressing through t4, t5 and bt at the end of TBC and I know a few people who got very sad they weren't able to progress through the whole content before wotlk arrived.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    It wasn't. I don't remember anyone in my guild complaining about farming BT. We were too busy being excited about the next glaives drop or who would get the next tier piece.

Content was fun and meaningful, people didn't get bored like nowadays.

There were guilds progressing through t4, t5 and bt at the end of TBC and I know a few people who got very sad they weren't able to progress through the whole content before wotlk arrived.
    Just because your guild had fun (mine didn't either as we didn't clear BT early) doesn't mean other people didn't complain.
    Personally I never met a single player who was anti-flying or anti 10/25 man but I acknowledge there must be some several out there.

For every guild which got excited about glaive drops there was one which was pissed off about completing 0 sets till SW despite killing Illidan early.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2016-12-03 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Just because your guild had fun doesn't mean other people didn't complain.
    Who did complain? Did you complain? Why did you complain?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    This game is played by millions and complainers all always most active on forums in every game, so whine train will never stop, regardless of expansion quality. It always happen when content is not fresh anymore, people find expansion weak spot and spam angry threads about it 24/7. Don't get me wrong, some complains are valid, but it should look like this: "I don't like thing A, I suggest change it to B", not "A is DOGSHIT HORRIBLE WTF BLIZZ GG NO ONE EVEN PLAY IT ANYMORE".

By the way, I noticed on internet nothing is great or bad, it's either "fine","acceptable" or "dogshit", "horrible", "cancer". ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Main reason why I hated BC heroics. Every pull was a 2-minute affair of marking targets and assigning CC. It was so boring.
    I had the lucky charms hotkeyed and assigned them at the start of the run so it took next to no time to set up each pull, often I'd be done before then casters finished drinking.

http://wayback.archive.org/web/20071....php?board=3.0

You can check for yourself. Complaints were pretty much not a thing. Concerns sure but screaming bloody murder not so much.

I thought karazhan was hard, and heroics
    but in the end it was great

No of course not. It was the best game ever.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    If you had 40 people and you couldnt kill stuff in MC i'm actually suprised you managed to get to lvl 60.

MC is literally the easiest raid ever. Yes. It was easier then UBRS, LBRS. Maybe on par with Strat and scolo when they where 10 mannable.

In no world ever did you need to be in a top guild to clear MC. You just needed to have 40 people who could actually show up at the same time at lvl 60.

Fire resistance gear later made that raid basicly 5 man-able.

There is a reason the race in MC was who had the fastest clear time, not who could kill raggy first.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much the entire BC until the craftet swords wherent viable anymore. Especially pre the frenzy nerf.
    Well thats not the experience I got at all, and note that I've leveled 2 lvl 60 and did the whole progress in MC with 2 differents guilds twice, yes progress, we needed a few months to get it all done, and in early vanilla, we all had to grind RF for weeks / months ? to be able to do Ragnaros properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I lived through it, and I heard mumbles and grumbles. But to pretend those complaints were huge is ridiculous.
    Because sites like this either didn't exsist or were relatively new. Internet whining was nowhere near the levels it is now but even you admit you still heard it anyway back then

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Because sites like this either didn't exsist or were relatively new. Internet whining was nowhere near the levels it is now but even you admit you still heard it anyway back then
    Yup, complainers still complained. It just wasnt "huge" or anything near it. Most people just played the game.

Not too much. Only about the over-tuned attunement system and OPed warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldorhan View Post
    Well thats not the experience I got at all, and note that I've leveled 2 lvl 60 and did the whole progress in MC with 2 differents guilds twice, yes progress, we needed a few months to get it all done, and in early vanilla, we all had to grind RF for weeks / months ? to be able to do Ragnaros properly.
    Yes boss mechanics were a lot easier than today but to heard 40 people thru it with how internet connections were back then or people wandering away from the keyboard was indeed hard.
    Add in the trash was everywhere and respawned quicker than it took to kill bosses again made it hard.
    Finally add in game new and for lots of players it was thier first raiding experience again making it tough.
    To look at it from today's perspective without knowing or remembering the circumstances of the time is wrong

Never forget the pala illumination nerf whine threads. Nothing ever matched those tears.

Yup, complainers still complained. It just wasnt "huge" or anything near it. Most people just played the game.
    Different breed of gamers who also weren't let down by blizz multiple times by then. Blizz has helped to jade its playerbase

10+ Year Old Account
    welfare epics
    clown outfits
    lore not making sense
    lack of content
    5mans rewarding epics
    no more 40 mans
    grindy reps

Played all of BC and will always be my fav expansion ever.

Never this much outrage. People are always bound to complain but things were different. If you played a class it was for 1 roll, like druids would heal and innervate other healers. Now everyone wants their spec to be viable.

Pretty much every mage was fire, every warlock was a shadow bolt spamming bot, shadow priests had a solid roll as a real mana battery. Enh shammies were there to give combat rogues WF. Druids could heal or go boomkin for the +hit% buff. Ret pallies and ferals were leveling specs. Pallies would heal or spend half an xpac farming a tank set for hyjal. Resto shammies were just banana beam spammers. Pretty much you had a written out pvp spec and pve spec.

Was never this bad though, they didn't just roll out random balance patches to ruin your world.

The gear gap was so much less extreme. Everything was just so different. Like I played that whole expac from start to finish and never got pissed off at the direction the game was going in but this xpac they make me rage and I wish they'd just leave it the hell alone and stop tinkering with shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Different breed of gamers who also weren't let down by blizz multiple times by then. Blizz has helped to jade its playerbase
    Very little. People are just insane these days.

Very little. People are just insane these days.
    So then you agree different now then they were back then?