Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm less concerned about her weight than I am the fact her whole schtick is "I'm a dirty cock loving slut". Pretty much the direct opposite of what a movie based on a child's toy should be. Unless they don't expect the target audience to actually watch the movie. You put an R-rated feminist in a G-rated children's movie then wonder why no one is gonna watch it. You have no audience for her in this movie and they are gonna wonder why it flops.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    "Women are funny, get over it."

- Eric Cartman

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Basically, she's not a size 0, so she's a landwhale MAN THE HARPOONS.

By every clinical and scientific fact, she would be classified as obese.

Are you against science?

10+ Year Old Account
    She is chubby. She's not obese, but she isnt skinny / fit / even normal either.

Also, she was outshined by Lebron anyways, is really unfunny, and really annoying. I'll skip the movie. Although, she is to be cast not AS Barbie, but as a person that doesnt fit in the Barbie world and is so kicked out. Big difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit this is going to be ghostbusters 2.0 isn't it? They're gonna try the same with this movie I just know it.

How many of the people in this thread were ever going to watch the Barbie movie anyway? It was always likely to be utter dogshit and this almost certainly won't make a difference. I have no idea how anyone above the age of 10 has the energy to get riled up about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post

Are you against science?
    That's a particularly unflattering angle. Here's another shot from moments later;

So like I said; not a size 0. But that's not "obese", either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxoffender View Post
    How many of the people in this thread were ever going to watch the Barbie movie anyway? It was always likely to be utter dogshit and this almost certainly won't make a difference. I have no idea how anyone above the age of 10 has the energy to get riled up about this.
    0.1%, ands because they have a kid.

Shhh, the meltdowns are fun to read though.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Holy shit this is going to be ghostbusters 2.0 isn't it?
    No. There were people out there who were actually interested in seeing a Ghostbusters movie.

Also, this is the same Schumer who is unapologetically crass, rude and insulting to many people. Getting a few fat jokes thrown her way is about the tamest thing you could do.

Oh and apparently there was a typo in the press release, it's not Barbie, it's Babar she's taking the role of.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I'm less concerned about her weight than I am the fact her whole schtick is "I'm a dirty cock loving slut". Pretty much the direct opposite of what a movie based on a child's toy should be. Unless they don't expect the target audience to actually watch the movie. You put an R-rated feminist in a G-rated children's movie then wonder why no one is gonna watch it. You have no audience for her in this movie and they are gonna wonder why it flops.
    Kids won't have seen any of her work, so why does that really matter? I can see that casting decisions can be important, certainly a Jewish audience being furious at Mel Gibson and Charlie Sheen being cast in an old testament movie would be reasonable, but what six year old is going to say "I really wanted to watch the Barbie film but I hated Schumer's "I can catch a dick whenever I want" speech, so I think I'll give it a miss." Playing a drunk womaniser in Blades of Glory didn't stop Will Ferrell being in the Lego movie (rightly so) and I don't see how this is any different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    She is chubby. She's not obese, but she isnt skinny / fit / even normal either.

Also, she was outshined by Lebron anyways, is really unfunny, and really annoying. I'll skip the movie. Although, she is to be cast not AS Barbie, but as a person that doesnt fit in the Barbie world and is so kicked out. Big difference.
    So its going to be the story of how a superficially fascistic society treats size 1 people?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Also, this is the same Schumer who is unapologetically crass, rude and insulting to many people. Getting a few fat jokes thrown her way is about the tamest thing you could do.

Oh and apparently there was a typo in the press release, it's not Barbie, it's Babar she's taking the role of.
    (apologizes in advance).
    9/11!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    This is actually hilarious if you read it as not being sarcastic, maybe if i just edit it down a bit:
    Laughed a lot harder than I should've.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    So its going to be the story of how a superficially fascistic society treats size 1 people?

- - - Updated - - -

(apologizes in advance).
    9/11!
    No clue, and i don't plan on seeing it. The only thing Id go see her in is a horror movie where she gets her head bashed in repeatedly. Kinda like how House of Wax treated Paris Hilton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post

Are you against science?
    Obese, to the degree it is a scientific measure is a BMI over 30.
    However unflattering the picture looks, i don't think she has a BMI of 30.

10+ Year Old Account

If they are making a barbie movie, might aswell go all out on it. Both has about as much acting talent and one looks alot more like a real barbie.

No clue, and i don't plan on seeing it. The only thing Id go see her in is a horror movie where she gets her head bashed in repeatedly. Kinda like how House of Wax treated Paris Hilton.
    Like the token white girl in every slasher movie?
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh really? I'm not much on horror movies but that sounds like one I may have to see some day!

I have yet to figure out why anyone pays Amy Schumer any attention whatsoever, much less why they would want to hire her for, well, anything that requires talent, personality, or looks.

Quote Originally Posted by TiltEV View Post
    Laughed a lot harder than I should've.
    Endus made my day, so I made him a present

Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Personally, I think she seems great for the role. They both have that whole 'uncanny valley' thing going for them.

If you look closely, you can almost make out the seams in her human costume.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.