Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Recounters denied access to actual ballots - so what is there to hide?

Just stumbled accross an interview this morning where investigative reporter Greg Palast claims there are way too many disqualified ballots in the disputed states, especially in urban areas. He claims it is a purposeful vote heist. Considering he has been investigating various elections for at least a decade and a half, I am willing to believe he has at least some idea of what he is talking about.

I am especially surprised at his claim that several counties deny recounters access to "spoiled" votes, ballots that have been disqualified for some reason.

The interview

The same story on Palast's homepage

I would especially appreciate some feedback from the locals ( @Nixx, perhaps? ) if they know more details about this.

Deleted
    --SNIP--

Don't post spam
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-12-07 at 02:44 AM.

Likely nothing, but I don't see why they won't just fucking cooperate so we can get this shit show over with. Let them see the votes, provide an actual explanation for the tamper locks being broken, count the damn votes, and let's all move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Likely nothing, but I don't see why they won't just fucking cooperate so we can get this shit show over with. Let them see the votes, provide an actual explanation for the tamper locks being broken, count the damn votes, and let's all move on.
    I agree. I don't see what the big deal is, if there was no vote tampering? Just count them as requested so we can move on? Clinton and Stein are exercising their legal rights to a recount (as Trump would have been entitled to, if he had requested a recount), so let's have the recount and move on with our Cheeto-colored Commander-in-Chief elect.

In b4 "but but Clinton said she would honor the results of the election!!!" Trump said that he would only accept them if he was elected and heavily implied that the election was rigged all through the primaries and general election so get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I agree. I don't see what the big deal is, if there was no vote tampering? Just count them as requested so we can move on? Clinton and Stein are exercising their legal rights to a recount (as Trump would have been entitled to, if he had requested a recount), so let's have the recount and move on with our Cheeto-colored Commander-in-Chief elect.

In b4 "but but Clinton said she would honor the results of the election!!!" Trump said that he would only accept them if he was elected and heavily implied that the election was rigged all through the primaries and general election so get over it.
    They should hand it over. But, no one is going to accept an answer that isn't "Trump cheated and can't be president". No one does a recount unless they believe they deserve to win.

And she should accept it. She said accept it and Obama said deal with it when he won. The party all about accept the outcome needs to put up or just continue being the exact same kind of babies that didn't accept Obama won.

Clinton was rigged through the primaries, but not the GE to the best of my knowledge and google-fu.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    They should hand it over. But, no one is going to accept an answer that isn't "Trump cheated and can't be president". No one does a recount unless they believe they deserve to win.

And she should accept it. She said accept it and Obama said deal with it when he won. The party all about accept the outcome needs to put up or just continue being the exact same kind of babies that didn't accept Obama won.
    If everything comes back clear, and as much as I hate Trump, people just have to accept it and plan for the future or look at the next big thing. Protest Trump if you want but not the election itself.

I just don't understand why they're being so fucking shady and throwing tantrums about this stuff if it's nothing. I'd personally rather them come in, do their shit, and get out of my hair so there's no more questions. Wisconsin in particular has been a shady wreck this entire time, throwing tantrums about having to do it and threatening to not do it even if paid, numbers not adding up, exit poll data not adding up, anti tamper seals being broken on recount machines, and now being denied access to "discounted" ballots.

It could all be absolutely nothing but a few anomalies and we could all move the fuck on if they would just shut up and play ball with what's a legal right by Stein, whatever her motive may be.

edit: Also note that Stein isn't doing the recount to get Hillary a win. She's doing this as a Hail Mary to play up the hero bit if there is some sort of tampering that gets proven, even if it's not enough to swing an election. Proving any tampering at all is a huge win for her own brand and her own publicity, while also exposing holes to patch up for future elections.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2016-12-04 at 06:31 AM.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

I don't understand Trumpettes who are so hostile to a recount.

Surely if there's nothing wrong then you will be vindicated.

This does raise a question. Why can't the ballots be seen?

I didn't think the recount would change anything, but every time I see people trying to insist there's no right to one or stuff like this, then the little "Huh" in the back of my mind starts getting louder.

as Trump would have been entitled to, if he had requested a recount
    You can bet your ass he'd demand a recount in every single swing state and anything where he lost by <10% if he lost the General Election. So its so hilarious to see him and his ilk pretending this is some great bastardization of our system to ask for a recount.

Why would they deny access to those allegedly faulty / disqualified ballots? They have nothing to hide if they're legit disqualified then they will remain so. There's no reason not to show them unless you're hiding something.

And I realize that sounds conspiracy theory-ish but it just doesn't compute. For the sake of the country this recount needs to be as transparent as humanly possibly regardless of who gets the big chair.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Why would they deny access to those allegedly faulty / disqualified ballots? They have nothing to hide if they're legit disqualified then they will remain so. There's no reason not to show them unless you're hiding something.

And I realize that sounds conspiracy theory-ish but it just doesn't compute. For the sake of the country this recount needs to be as transparent as humanly possibly regardless of who gets the big chair.
    Remember that we're still dealing with Wisconsin. This is the same state who's election board threatened to not even do the recounts, even if paid, until Stein threatened to take them to federal court. They've been throwing a tantrum this entire time and doing everything in their power to not cooperate and act shady as fuck.

There's absolutely no way there's enough changes in votes to get Hillary elected. No way in hell. But there's entirely too many fishy situations in Wisconsin. If they're not hiding anything though, they need to shut up, play ball, and move on. Instead, they're just fueling more conspiracies and making it look more likely that WI had some areas involved in election tampering. Hell, some of the recount machines there had the anti tamper seals broken.

Question. Why only the states Trump won if this is about getting the discrepancies of the entire election and not flipping lost states?

Looks just as suspicious as avoiding handing over ballots.

Remember that we're still dealing with Wisconsin. This is the same state who's election board threatened to not even do the recounts, even if paid, until Stein threatened to take them to federal court. They've been throwing a tantrum this entire time and doing everything in their power to not cooperate and act shady as fuck.

There's absolutely no way there's enough changes in votes to get Hillary elected. No way in hell. But there's entirely too many fishy situations in Wisconsin. If they're not hiding anything though, they need to shut up, play ball, and move on. Instead, they're just fueling more conspiracies and making it look more likely that WI had some areas involved in election tampering. Hell, some of the recount machines there had the anti tamper seals broken.
    Yea..that sounds a little odd. They're just fueling the fire when this could be over and done with no questions asked.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Question. Why only the states Trump won if this is about getting the discrepancies of the entire election and not flipping lost states?

Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania all had wonky goings with exit poll data and wins on razor thin margins. If there WAS tampering in the election at all, in any state, it would have been there.

Wisconsin has just acting shady about the whole thing from day 1 which is fueling the fire even more.

The video posted was actually really good.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2016-12-04 at 06:43 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Because those states voted outside of what they normally do. By a larger margin than normal.

Stein has her hands full trying to get a recount in ONE state let alone 50, iirc she had to drop Pennsylvania. In my opinion, recounts should be automatic and federally funded in general elections where the winner won the vote by 1% or less in a particular state.

There should certainly be no wringing of hands and angry words over people exercising their legal right to a recount. Wisconsin is looking shady as fuck right now, and there's literally no reason for them to be looking/acting this way.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Plot twist: Recount is being denied because it shows voter fraud in favor of clinton

Stein has her hands full trying to get a recount in ONE state let alone 50, iirc she had to drop Pennsylvania. In my opinion, recounts should be automatic and federally funded in general elections where the winner won the vote by 1% or less in a particular state.
    power does what it wants

There's absolutely no way there's enough changes in votes to get Hillary elected. No way in hell.
    I agree. Especially Pennsylvania will not be overturned. But Palast claims that the number of "spoiled" votes in Michigan is three times Trump's margin there (and they are mainly from urban areas). If it should turn out there was enough tampering to flip even a single state, people will sit up and take notice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I don't understand Trumpettes who are so hostile to a recount.

Surely if there's nothing wrong then you will be vindicated.

This does raise a question. Why can't the ballots be seen?

I didn't think the recount would change anything, but every time I see people trying to insist there's no right to one or stuff like this, then the little "Huh" in the back of my mind starts getting louder.

You can bet your ass he'd demand a recount in every single swing state and anything where he lost by <10% if he lost the General Election. So its so hilarious to see him and his ilk pretending this is some great bastardization of our system to ask for a recount.
    Im not go ahead and do it she still cant win. She has to win all three states and PA is impossible to recount with accuracy because the voting machines they use in that state have no paper trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I agree. Especially Pennsylvania will not be overturned. But Palast claims that the number of "spoiled" votes in Michigan is three times Trump's margin there (and they are mainly from urban areas). If it should turn out there was enough tampering to flip even a single state, people will sit up and take notice.
    If there's tampering proven at all people will notice.

I agree that a fair recount COULD turn up enough to flip Michigan and Wisconsin. There's no way it did in Penn though.