Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    A well played pala healer is actually about as good as a drood in m+ except when it's overflowing.

I dislike posts like this because they - for some reason - shape the perception of the WoW community that is - in its basic form - a rather brainless herd. Popular opinion that class x is the best? Let's pick that one for PuGs. Is it always the best choice? Probably not.

Been watching a few Elemental Shamans and they seem amazing on Trash. So-so on Single Target but other classes can pick that up fine. Earthquake, Surge totem plus the incredible AoE is more than enough. Also, DH is a very safe bet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    A well played pala healer is actually about as good as a drood in m+ except when it's overflowing.

I dislike posts like this because they - for some reason - shape the perception of the WoW community that is - in its basic form - a rather brainless herd. Popular opinion that class x is the best? Let's pick that one for PuGs. Is it always the best choice? Probably not.
    Can we make it which class is more fun then?
    I would be interested in that.

Demon Hunter, especially once they've got all the traits.

5 second stun (Chaos Nova) on a 1 minute cd (40 sec with talent)
    When they kill an enemy a soul drops out, that heals them for 30% of their hp and lowers the CD on Chaos Nova and Eye Beam by 5 seconds. With legendary helm and without, this can lead to multiple stun AND eye beam resets. No other class can aoe stun that often.
    Insane aoe damage.
    Metamorphosis 100% leech allows them to become almost unkillable and tank in dire situations.
    Fast movement, can easily keep up with any tank
    15 sec interrupt
    Does have cc for demons. Useful for arcway and cos most notably.

So far no one could beat my WW overall dps in any mythic + run. So its a safe bet that WW is the best class (overall) but not the best for tyrannical bosses.

On top of my unrivaled dps I provide:

5 second Aoe stun, 25% movement speed, touch of karma cheese (taunt bosses to eat tank mechanics for extra deepz and easier life for healer).
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-12-01 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arte View Post
    Seems no one has mentioned ele sham. Speaking as a tank, they're my absolute favorite dps to have in my group. They bring lust, aoe stun, ancestral swiftness, amazing cleave and AoE as well as ST burst, and the greatest of all: Earthquake knockdowns. The soft CC from earthquake interrupts casts and reduces the number of melee hits I take, drastically increasing the amount I'm able to pull and saving my cooldowns for bosses.
    As a baer, I 100% agree with this. We run ele / enh / baer / resto / dh and easily clear up to 10's without hassles.

Deleted
    in my opinion

Tank - Paladin, Druid
    Mele - Rogue, Shaman
    Ranged - Mage, Hunter
    Heal - Druid, Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Mattzo View Post
    No mobility vs. timers .. dk looses.
    Good thing m+ are rarely about movement speed, especially keys above +10, mob packs are most often close enough to each other that a spec with a blink/charge isn't going to destroy you on damage meters because he gets to a pack of mobs 1s earlier than you. Your ability to clear a pack of mobs as fast as you possibly can is what matters.

You sound exactly the same as all the other salty DKs about movement speed when it really doesn't mean that much(in PvE).

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Good thing m+ are rarely about movement speed, especially keys above +10, mob packs are most often close enough to each other that a spec with a blink/charge isn't going to destroy you on damage meters because he gets to a pack of mobs 1s earlier than you. Your ability to clear a pack of mobs as fast as you possibly can is what matters.

You sound exactly the same as all the other salty DKs about movement speed when it really doesn't mean that much(in PvE).
    move speed matters a ton in pve. Plenty of bosses that forces you to move or run across the field to kill adds

Unholy Death Knight, good single target, good aoe, although almost no crowd control.

As people said, the obvious strong ones are DH, WW, Fire and MM Hunter.

The very strong but somewhat overlooked ones are Fury and Arcane, they both have insane burst (ST or AOE). Frost DK is also strong.

Granted I haven't done higher than +10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    As people said, the obvious strong ones are DH, WW, Fire and MM Hunter.

The very strong but somewhat overlooked ones are Fury and Arcane, they both have insane burst (ST or AOE). Frost DK is also strong.

Granted I haven't done higher than +10.
    speaking as a fury warrior who has done +15 and many +10's fury is absolutely insane in M+

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    speaking as a fury warrior who has done +15 and many +10's fury is absolutely insane in M+
    I know ! I trump everyone except a handful of WW and 1 arcane mage and can hold my own in ST as well. But shhhhhh let's not say it too loud so they keep buffing us !

I'd say the shaman class is one of the more fitted classes for M+ low and high ends.

-Good Dps(Ele lags a bit on ST, but w/ CD's can compete)
    -Good Healing(Resto does well having a ton of CD options or usage of Single Target and Multi-Target Heals)
    -Bloodlust
    -12 Second Ranged Interrupt
    -45 Second AoE Stun
    -Movement Increase via Ghost Wolf & 2 min totem or leaping ability
    -Purge
    -Hex

If you know a good Shaman I'm sure they already make your M+ Life easier.

Playing what is an underperforming class - Balance Druid, i can safely say that any class\setup can run high M+s. I usually peak at 13-14 each week, not yet having put the effort for a 15 clear, but runs are always smooth, and boomkin really shines. Super burst single target, sustained AoE (awesome on >10-12s... sucks on <5 where dh\hunters\wtv just destroy packs in 2 seconds), and the vast utility is always useful. Treants to help tanks reset necrotic, innervate, battle rez, typhoon\stuns, solar beam is godly on some packs, etc etc etc.

Sure, we could use a bump on numbers and a tweak at ramp up time, but it works fine. We usually run a rogue\boomkin\hunter setup, far from ideal, but works for us.

But yea, safe choice? Get hunters, demonhunters and mages. They just trample through the trash which is the vast majority of the contents on a dungeon.

I think the only classes/specs I haven't actually seen be amazing in M+ yet are Survival Hunters and Sub Rogues, and that is literally because I never see any around.

Everything is pretty viably strong in M+, especially at higher levels. Love me some Feral Druids, Assassination Rogues and Frost Mages on Tyrannical weeks. Literally every spec has something they are useful for in upper m+.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

Means so little in pve that movepseed enchants have always been BiS no matter what in PvE.

But anyway, if you take a DK, a good way to compensate his low mobility is to have a Windwalker as the second melee, especially if the monk has the legendary ring for 25% movespeed on anyone close to him. Makes moving in M+ so much faster.

Even without the legendary, windwalkers for the +10% movespeed passive is an often overloooked perk that can mean a lot for timers, but luckly ww is already great at M+ even without that.

Deleted
    Shadow priests :O are fabulous with this week's affixes in 10+ and higher! Tyrannical bosses absolutely fall over and explode with 600-800k S2M dps, bolstering is a joke with spriest's totally controlled damage. We have aoe stun, interrupt, crazy passive and active selfhealing and VE paired with high dmg phase can save a healer out of a pickle. Mind sear legendary is nifty to have in M+. That aside, lowbie spriests in low key M+ (7<) are going to be garbage dps wise. :]

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    I have wondered about Fury.. I play Havoc/Vengeance DH but am getting a tad bored so would love an alt!! Windwalker, Elemental and Fury are the top options! though Unholy seems extremely fun

Deleted
    Top class for M+?
    any class is top