Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Player housing is an awful idea.. Wildstar's was rubbish and the closest we got to it was Garrisons? (That turned out great yeah). Class halls is bad enough imo. Get to a city with people..

Frankly I just don't think WoW's UI and assets would work very well for home decoration.

Deleted
    Player housing only would work if it was in the actual open world. Instancing would just lead to the same shit as Garrisons. Same is BTW true for Wildstar. Some people were really good at designing, but for most it was just another place to log out (incentivized with higher rested exp).

The best player housing experience I personally had was in Ultima Online, where Houses actually are a physical part of the world. And you can and will pass other player's houses when running around in the world. Vendors incentivized visiting those houses, etc. I just don't see this happening in WoW, because it's a completely different style of game.

Unless they go fullbore UO style of housing(and that will never happen) it will just be one more useless thing in the game that only a handfull of people would even bother with. Id rather they spend the time making new dungeons for m+.

10+ Year Old Account
    They always say we dont want to do X because then everyone will be just standing in X and not feel like an open world. Were not standing alone in our garrison now we are standing in front of the Tauren auction house in Orgrimmar or in Dal. I will say that I do spend much less time in a city this expansion Im always out doing wqs or 5 man content on non raid nights so I guess thats a win on blizzards end.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...kywall/rotomon
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and people's stupidity - though I am not entirely sure about the universe". -Albert Einstein

We had housing.

It was called Garrisons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    No thanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    remember their attempt with the garrison?
    ye, no thanks.

Formerly known as Arafal

Hell no, seems like a thing that would require big ass investment and after garrisons i dont think anyone is enthusiastic about it.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    As title says I don't understand why Blizzard are dragging their heels regarding player housing... Wildstar despite its many flaws possibly had the best player housing in any MMORPG, hell even WoWs biggest competitors FFXIV and SWTOR has player housing and that's almost universally praised by the players.
    I think the most important thing is how popular was it in general. I have no real interest in it. But neither do I object it to being added.

Personally, I wonder what is so popular about player housing.

I would honestly like to see guild housing before player housing. I like the idea of player housing, but the reason I like it is a selfish one. I liked the garrison because it had a separate hearth, vendors, AH, etc.

I would like to see guild housing because I would love the idea of working towards building something as a guild. We would have to collect resources and such to build the buildings in the instanced zone, doing things in guild groups could give us resources of some type or special rewards, etc. Think of the gate opening in vanilla as an example of mass working to contribute to a system.

Think how cool it would be to take your "kill" pictures in your guild hall after you down a particularly difficult boss and get the guild banner for killing it as a guild group. Think how great it would be to have guild members that don't have time to raid but still contribute to the guild by helping to build that vendor house. Think how cool it would be to join a new guild and get to see them in game while you are doing your normal stuff like visiting vendors, AH, crafting, etc. I think it would put more of a community feel to guilds. Right now I can run right past someone in my guild in dalaran and never know it. Hell, I even killed a guild member in one of the PvP zones the other day and did not realize it until they complained about the new censor farming in /g chat. When I told them it was me, they did not even realize we were in the same guild either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly do not see the purpose of player house.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Deleted
    hey man I would love this as well. Hell fucking Use the Different "options" there is. In MoP we got our little farm, we could choice Plants what to be where. and get small stuff to fill it, animals or other small stuff. WoD gave us, Specific "houses" but we could decice where to put them on specific Places. And now Legion Order hall = what do i want to focus on. but it wont happend, it would cost 1 raid tier...

Guild housing with the possibility of having up to 50 houses or something, and little markets, auction house, portals, etc. You can assign a member to each house. Complete achievements that take the whole guild to do to unlock stuff.

And each class in the guild can work towards something. Mages can set up Portals, Druids can grow herbs or something, warriors can build training dummies, hunters can... I've ran out of initial ideas :/

I can dream right?
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Player housing is truly on of those MMO features people ask for just because it's what other people usually asks for. For arguments sake, let's assume Garrisons had more customizations (spare us the talk about being able to choose the zone please), bosses etc dropping items you could place freely in your garrison, would that be interesting? What would these accomplish? How much interest do you think there is of inviting players to just look at your various props you can place here and there?
    Hell, people ask for housing in No Mans Sky, a game where pretty much the entire point of the game is to move from one planet to the next on your journey. As in, players who can't put player housing into a logical and nicely interwoven tandem with the rest of the game asks for PHing.

No, I am fairly certain that Blizzard has come to the realization that there is no true demand for player housing, at least not a fully cosmetic one.
    Though I suppose it would be amusing to read a metric ton of feedback of Blizzard "wasting time on their watered down Wildstar copypaste, instead of making new raids. If I wanted to decorate houses I'd buy The Sims 4."

If anything, Garrisons (as a base for character-based instancing) I think taught them that it's a very, very bad idea to let people isolate themselves. Even worse, if their respective houses are truly only cosmetic (otherwise housing is mandatory amirite amirite amirite???), so players realize they have absolutely no reason to be there other than placing shields on the wall... and yet every character on the server has their own instanced house/area wasting server resources.

And when players start to demand that their houses do something, like generate some resource... or have their own Command Table... or have capital portals... or we get some sort of tangible (stat) bonus for all our furniture gathering...
    Then truly Blizzard has forgot their lesson.

So to "answer" the question... they have most likely realized that player housing, or guild halls (and don't get me started on the hypothetical situation where people create guilds just for guild hall bonuses) for that matter, are a bad idea for the game as a whole.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2016-12-05 at 05:14 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

No one actually wants it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Because the engine is super old. I am sure they'd rather do a project of such magnitude in a newer game.
    Oh stop it. Theres not gonna be a new game.

They totally can (obviously... just look at the garrison), they just didn't want to.

I do wish they did it. I love the FFXIV housing areas. They are beatiful. I also love having a home to go to in-game. I still regularly go back to my garrison. I got an AH, a bank and a transmogrifier there. I like having my own piece of the world i can come back to, looks good and has everything i need to restock.
    If there's neighborhoods then its even a social experience, wich woud be cool.

Finally, just like with SWTOR it can expand crafting and add rewards to old dungeons.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd much rather have a hub where all plays gather than having everyone idling in their own instance.

I could get on board with something like "guild neighborhoods" though, but the scaling with big guilds would probably make it atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    No one actually wants it.
    I do. Please don't speak for me. However it is unlikely that it will happen and it does not fuss me because I have a house in FF14.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their first crack at it -- garrisons -- didn't work out. It's not that difficult to understand why it doesn't have a high priority. Infinite customization is not their thing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."