Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Warren isn't a bad pick. The issue is more if she could shake off the stench of Clinton in the next general.

i'd absolutely love to see a Sanders/Gabbard ticket but losing both in the Senate would hurt pretty bad.
    I don't understand the love for Gabbard. Is she really a progressive? I don't trust her.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Enough_Sand...e_progressive/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shay-c..._10212942.html

There are articles on Breitbart.com praising her. Reportedly the reason she has been in talks with Trump over a potential position in his administration is because white nationalist Steve Bannon is a fan of her (before anyone points out that Bannon likes somebody not white, remember, even Hitler pardon select Jews whom he knew personally, having one black friend doesn't mean you can't be racist). Seems to me like she is a bit into the worldview of the pro-Putin propaganda machine to be honest. Could it not be that she has adopted progressive positions because she lives in friggin' Hawaii and wanted to get elected to Congress? If she can help the progressive cause in congress, great. But I wouldn't be rooting for her as ticket-material.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    Kanye put himself in a mental hospital last month and has been showing signs of mental instability for years, I don't think the mans going to make it to 2020 at this rate.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand that just I don't think these memes fit anymore.
    Besides trump...that tan gets darker and it's fucking winter how did it get darker!?
    Orangutans grow a thicker coat in the cold. Didn't you know? :P
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    You joke but Trump being a meme candidate to everyone at the start probably helped propel him to where he is. Kanye could have a chance if he actually wanted to imo
    I've honestly been saying the same. If Trump can do it, then Kanye can do it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I don't see Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho's name anywhere on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by superblink View Post
    10Hillary Clinton -Party:democrat
    There is no way the DNC would make her the nominee again. They couldn't even get people to show up to vote for her in the face of all the trump fear mongering.

As a person from MA... Haha... No. Just, no.
    Nor Devall Patrick for that matter. Ugh.

We have no idea who will be running in the primaries four years from now, it is way way too early to speculate. Hopefully Clinton does not run again, two failed presidential campaigns should be enough.

Kanye put himself in a mental hospital last month and has been showing signs of mental instability for years, I don't think the mans going to make it to 2020 at this rate.
    Lol for "exhaustion", based on his behavior it seems pretty clear that Kanye has bipolar disorder. Can't diagnose over the internet obviously but it seems apparent to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    So he's perfect for the Republican nomination in 2024!

I actually doubt that Warren will campaign for the nomination. She'll be 71 in 4 years compared to Trump's 74. If I were to venture a guess, I'd say that the Democrats field a relative unknown in his (and yes, I think it will be a guy) 40s or 50s.

I liked that Tulsi Gabbard, I hope she runs in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Warren isn't a bad pick. The issue is more if she could shake off the stench of Clinton in the next general.

i'd absolutely love to see a Sanders/Gabbard ticket but losing both in the Senate would hurt pretty bad.
    She is just Clinton-Lite. The Democrats will have learned something if they choose Sanders or someone like Sanders and I am not talking about policy. Sanders is better able to speak and connect with people that Clinton has never been able to do.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    It seems the democratic party hasn't learned it's lesson from Clinton. They can't preach you're better ethically, socially, morally and then put a candidate up there where very strong examples exist that define them as otherwise. At least in this election, republicans displayed they had some belief in their values by refusing to endorse Trump after his nomination. People like Warren and Sanders are just skin-deep politicians who may have a good record on paper but really showcased that their values go to the wayside when a corrupt democratic party pressures them to. 2016 was an election everyone will remember and the DNC would be stupid to think people will forgive and forget.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    She is just Clinton-Lite. The Democrats will have learned something if they choose Sanders or someone like Sanders and I am not talking about policy. Sanders is better able to speak and connect with people that Clinton has never been able to do.
    He also lacks a serious political platform or any sort of campaign savvy. Both of which are why he lost at the convention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    It seems the democratic party hasn't learned it's lesson from Clinton. They can't preach you're better ethically, socially, morally and then put a candidate up there where very strong examples exist that define them as otherwise. At least in this election, republicans displayed they had some belief in their values by refusing to endorse Trump after his nomination. People like Warren and Sanders are just skin-deep politicians who may have a good record on paper but really showcased that their values go to the wayside when a corrupt democratic party pressures them to. 2016 was an election everyone will remember and the DNC would be stupid to think people will forgive and forget.
    This election does not represent a repudiation of Democrat values. It represents Clinton being a weaker than expected candidate and rust belt whites being special snowflakes that need to be hand held.

I can't believe no one has said it Dwayne the Rock Johnson 2020!!!

That list is obviously flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    He also lacks a serious political platform or any sort of campaign savvy. Both of which are why he lost at the convention.

- - - Updated - - -

This election does not represent a repudiation of Democrat values. It represents Clinton being a weaker than expected candidate and rust belt whites being special snowflakes that need to be hand held.
    I can agree with that but choosing someone more like Sanders and less like Clinton is a step in the right direction, pardon the pun. Warren is very similar to Clinton and if she does indeed become the candidate IMO it just tells me that DNC still working on rebuilding by the time of the next election.

If the DNC can get someone with energy and charisma they'll find that they can win again but to do that they may have to sacrifice some of those PC values that some of them hold dear. IMO nothing of value will be lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post

Are you suggesting that they can be ignored and just assume that they are in the DNC's pocket forever more? Are you suggesting that their votes are any less relevant than minorities who also treated as special snowflakes and hands being held by the DNC?

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I don't think a general election loser has ever run for reelection as President in recent history. H.W. in '92, Dole '96, Gore '00, Kerry '04, McCain '08, Romney '12, and now Clinton '16. It's not unusual to rerun for party nomination, especially if you were popular.
    As far as I can see it is probably a wise choice, since as far as I can tell the latest general election loser running was Nixon in '68; who had run in '60.

I like her, but she is going to be tough sell to the midwest voters that elected Trump. To them she is just another Harvard Law School graduate with nothing in common with them. Basically another Hillary without the baggage.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd really like to see Cory Booker in the race on the Democrat's side. As for Republican, its going to be Trump or, if he was impeached, Pence. I can't see the party going against the incumbant whether they agree with him or not.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I'd say that the Democrats field a relative unknown in his (and yes, I think it will be a guy) 40s or 50s.
    Hopefully - and also the candidate that was lacking in this election.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any evidence to back that up?

The list looks nonsense. The only probably person on that list is Pence, perhaps Ryan if he can play nice with Trump.

Resident Cosplay Progressive