Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Does Blizzard's Quality as a Company Seems Severely Less of Late? (WoW)

Let me start by saying this is not a bash on the CONTENT of Legion. I have been playing since launch and having a grand old time, but Blizzard as a company seems to have lost all humility, and the sheer quality of production seems lower. I can't remember an expansion that was riddled with so many crazy bugs.

WQs bugs: no completion, extra ones that aren't on the map, multiple loot etc.

The "item not found" bug that has thankfully been fixed.

Weekly bosses spawning multiple times (though BIS trinket so can't be mad)

People getting the same legendary twice, people with 1 legendary having higher chance of 2 etc etc.

All these random things that just seem like sloppy coding. I know when we see the news that a veteran member of the Blizzard team is leaving that it really shouldn't have such an impact on the team, but it really does seem more rushed and less quality. The most recent is this Na'zak the Fiend world quest popping up 2 days early. I mean okay, it's a bug and there were tweets from their team saying that it was, but to come back on the official twitter and say it's intended? Feels just like when Blizz was called out about 4 legendary soft-cap and they THEN came out with a response saying that yes it was like that, but it was fixed a week prior, which is also debatable.

Take some responsibility for your product Blizzard, feels like a bunch of kids who don't to admit to their parents they made an error.

Quote Originally Posted by Warllyz View Post
    Let me start by saying this is not a bash on the CONTENT of Legion. I have been playing since launch and having a grand old time, but Blizzard as a company seems to have lost all humility, and the sheer quality of production seems lower. I can't remember an expansion that was riddled with so many crazy bugs.

People getting the same legendary twice, people with 1 legendary having higher chance of 2 etc etc.

All these random things that just seem like sloppy coding. I know when we see the news that a veteran member of the Blizzard team is leaving that it really shouldn't have such an impact on the team, but it really does seem more rushed and less quality. The most recent is this Na'zak the Fiend world quest popping up 2 days early. I mean okay, it's a bug and there were tweets from their team saying that it was, but to come back on the official twitter and say it's intended? Feels just like when Blizz was called out about 4 legendary soft-cap and they THEN came out with a response saying that yes it was like that, but it was fixed a week prior, which is also debatable.

Take some responsibility for your product Blizzard, feels like a bunch of kids who don't to admit to their parents they made an error.
    I honestly think it's because of the holidays. For some reason a lot of people think you can get to not give a sh*t at the end of the year, happened everywhere I've worked so far. For some reason people "get sick" a lot more before/after Christmas/holidays and New Year and are less productive. Even the changes on the PTR have been a total mess.

I guess they are just a company like any other. I just expect more from one of the, if not THE most seasoned company of the MMO genre.

Deleted
    It was pretty noticeable when Legion launched. A lot of issues that had more severity than anything I had experienced before. Worst bug I came across in WotLK was a quest mob not correctly spawning, rendering the quest incompletable. Was fixed within one day though.

7.1 was one of the buggiest patches I can recall in memory. Software does weird shit and has unintentional impacts not caught by QA on occasion, but I do agree this recent patch was unacceptably bad with bugs.

It is all perception. Memory fades with time and with time comes the Rose Tinted Glasses.

WoW has always had bugs, the one you mentioned now are just fresher in your mind. Take the people who want classic servers, 90% of them will not last when they realize all the QoL improvements you have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    It was pretty noticeable when Legion launched. A lot of issues that had more severity than anything I had experienced before. Worst bug I came across in WotLK was a quest mob not correctly spawning, rendering the quest incompletable. Was fixed within one day though.
    Honestly the last lingering bug I remember that even equates was BC trying to loot mobs and getting stuck on my knees scooting around...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    It is all perception. Memory fades with time and with time comes the Rose Tinted Glasses.

WoW has always had bugs, the one you mentioned now are just fresher in your mind. Take the people who want classic servers, 90% of them will not last when they realize all the QoL improvements you have now.
    Don't get me wrong, I know there's always been and always will be bugs in this intricate of a game. It's more the scale and scope of effect of it on the players followed by the "not our fault" response. I can remember server stability being much worse in prior expansions, so that's definitely better (outside of the DDOS lol).

Doesn't compare to the poor quality of the armchair developers on this forum.

You remember how the launch night was flawless though? Really can't be upset with bugs. Not in the slightest do I agree with your question.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    You remember how the launch night was flawless though? Really can't be upset with bugs. Not in the slightest do I agree with your question.
    It's true, I think a post above I even mentioned their server stability is top notch and used to be a problem every expansion and some major patches. I'm more upset at how their team is handling talking about the bugs that are occurring, more than that they are in fact occurring.

best company best game. easy as that.

Deleted
    All these random things that just seem like sloppy coding.
    Oh look, contrary to what you claimed at the start it IS blizzard bashing.
    Otherwise you wouldnt spill ludacris bullshit like sloppy code.
    And thanks for proving you have ZERO idea nor clue how coding works on MAMMUTS like wow is one.

I know when we see the news that a veteran member of the Blizzard team is leaving that it really shouldn't have such an impact on the team, but it really does seem more rushed and less quality. The most recent is this Na'zak the Fiend world quest popping up 2 days early. I mean okay, it's a bug and there were tweets from their team saying that it was, but to come back on the official twitter and say it's intended? Feels just like when Blizz was called out about 4 legendary soft-cap and they THEN came out with a response saying that yes it was like that, but it was fixed a week prior, which is also debatable.
    And more bashing....

There are MMOs right now in a worse state. Won't name them of course so game vs game shit doesn't start but this is mild compared to other MMOs.

i think they want content to come out quicker and that is why there are more bugs then usual .

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    This. The launch was flawless. Personally, I wasn't affected by bugs.

What is the point of this thread supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Oh look, contrary to what you claimed at the start it IS blizzard bashing.
    Otherwise you wouldnt spill ludacris bullshit like sloppy code.
    And thanks for proving you have ZERO idea nor clue how coding works on MAMMUTS like wow is one.

And more bashing....
    I didn't say I would not be "bashing" Blizzard... I don't know if you have poor reading comprehension skills, or just didn't read at all.

Let me start by saying this is not a bash on the CONTENT of Legion.
    I am not bashing what was provided in the game is my point. I'm enjoying myself. There is a lot to do and a lot of ways to do it, but the way Blizzard is handling the problems that are arising afterwards is what I am not as happy about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    i think they want content to come out quicker and that is why there are more bugs then usual .
    This is understandable.

I think you should take off your rose-tinted shades. Even with these minor bugs, that mostly occurred with the most recent patch, this expac and subsequent content has been far more stable and functional than anything previously.

When we had mini-content droughts between major patches and expacs, people cried non-stop. They put all the tools in place to keep new stuff popping up, and because it isn't flawless, they suddenly lack humility and quality control?

No.

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    For some reason people "get sick" a lot more before/after Christmas/holidays and New Year.
    I think it's called hangover

10+ Year Old Account

I actually feel the same way. There's other examples... for example you can fly in Suramar when dead... but there are dead spots that dismount you... moving a few feet and boom it works again (Also, why do that? Why not just let. you fly when dead in the entire city??). Doing the invasion quests in Suramar and I was supposed to push an attack on the promenade. I ran ahead too far and died... OK... running along the perimeter I kept popping in and out of the scenario because apparently the Promenade extends to the rim of the city... in places.

And my least favorite - some items can be tapped by several people at once, i.e. they don't vanish for me if you tap it right before me. Other items DO vanish.

PS: one more! A quest tells you to use an item... sometimes that appears on the extra action button. Sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't sometimes it's clickable in the quest list... and sometimes it's not and you have to interact with the thing you're applying the item to. WTF?