Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyraena View Post
    Did you send bug reports? Or just bitch here.
    Wasn't in beta. Plenty of people did give feedback

The flying when dead thing has existed for a long time, and not just in Suramar.
    Yes, it was in LK. It's BUGGY in the city, that's the point.

Multi-tapping is new, why are you shocked that it has issues?
    Because I expect them to fucking test things. I'm not surprised... I'm annoyed.

Some quests have a action-button when the ability isn't given by an item, from what I have noticed, because I wondered this myself. I DO agree it is a bug if you have a quest item that requires use, and it doesn't appear next to the quest. The instances I have seen are when then quest iten doesn't go into quest storage, but your bag directly. There is a related bug where certain quest items (tears of elune, demon fragments in suramar) do not go away after quest completion as well.
    Most of this feels like it's design or people just didn't do it. Use an item should have a consistent UX.
    And yes, I did report them. And no, it isn't my job, I just worked of software development for years, and I understand that with a game this huge, even an open beta Q/A test will only pull less than 1% of the playerbase, and not even that many will report bugs as opposed to just playing to play. Sure, they have tools that will scan through debug logging of the beta players to try and pick out issues, but nothing beats 7+million people beating on a system designed for 10, as opposed to 600m at varying times.
    Everything I mentioned is easy to run into. They're not edge cases.

They pretty much can't innovate anymore. They decided to steal ideas from other games when they ran out of that, but now there are no other games to steal ideas from.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Same could be said of the usual forum malcontents here who constantly shit on Blizzard and their games and anyone who god forbid likes either. I know this is difficult to comprehend but different people have different opinions.
    Yes, however saying "best company best game. easy as that." is pretty much "I'm being paid to say good things about x"

I think there are probably more bugs than before, but they go much more unnoticed because they are more annoying/minor type bugs. Back in the day it seemed like if they got one the servers would take a dump, but now it might hiccup or be more like the Kirin Tor WQ ( which that one is annoying because they basically broke something that was working perfectly fine).

I don't mind there being bugs, my first MMO was SWG, so I know just how bad it can get. That said, these long persistent bugs drive me up the wall, especially if its because they have just decided its not that big of a deal or players can work around it in some half ass way.

And yes I think the shifting of developers is taking its toll. I also think their are fewer Devs working on WoW than they want us to believe. I think a good chunk have been moved to other projects that have taken off like Hearthstone and Overwatch.

OP: You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. And now you've become responsible for another embarassing MMO-C thread.

Deleted
    With ''as of late'' you mean since 2009/2010? Yes I definitely agree. Blizzard is just another EA at this point.

Compared to Blizz in past? No.

Compared to other companies? No.

I remember very well the first days of an expansion when the game was literally unplayable - be it cause of queues, or laggyness, or "Transfer aborted, instance server full."

Yes, there's always room for improvement and yes, these little bugs can get super annoying, and yes, some features are quite shit, such as the whole legendary items concept.

But to say that quality went down is just not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    not to mention they are constantly losing their top level staff members to other projects
    rest in piece Xelnath and Ghostcrawler

Deleted
    Maybe it has grown too big for it's own good?

You can't compare the Blizzard days when they were small and had a team of friends with today's huge game development monster.

Quote Originally Posted by wikinews View Post
    Ghostcrawler
    Greg "Hit and expertise rating is fun and messy +% talent trees are great" Street?

Yeah, good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Greg "Hit and expertise rating is fun and messy +% talent trees are great" Street?

Yeah, good riddance.
    You would rather have the simple "our player base is too dumb for more than 6 stats" MMO?

Too each their own, but I prefer MMO's to play like MMO's.

Quote Originally Posted by wikinews View Post
    You would rather have the simple "our player base is too dumb for more than 6 stats" MMO?

Too each their own, but I prefer MMO's to play like MMO's.
    What you said has literally nothing to do with hit and expertise being a shit design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their pride seems to be getting in the way of listening.

People said the legendaries would rise an issue, people said not being able to change talents everywhere would be an issue.

They merely claimed it would just work and never really addressed anything. And this was with 1-2 years of feedback

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    It is all perception. Memory fades with time and with time comes the Rose Tinted Glasses.

WoW has always had bugs, the one you mentioned now are just fresher in your mind. Take the people who want classic servers, 90% of them will not last when they realize all the QoL improvements you have now.
    Pretty much this.
    It's a software product, just like any other. All of them have bugs.

I think my Garrison guards were wearing christmas hats for 9 months because that crap was buggy and most likely not important enough to patch.
    Lot of the stuff, like WQ's are new tech made for legion - it's going to be buggy.

File bugreports and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krbl View Post
    This. The launch was flawless. Personally, I wasn't affected by bugs.
    Some servers had it great. Others, like Stormrage US, had one of the most frustrating bugs I've seen. Everytime you'd loot currency, your game would lag up for about 20-40 seconds, if not longer.

This started on like day 3 and took them like 2 weeks to fix.
    Last edited by Lime; 2016-12-06 at 09:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Their pride seems to be getting in the way of listening.

People said the legendaries would rise an issue, people said not being able to change talents everywhere would be an issue.

They merely claimed it would just work and never really addressed anything. And this was with 1-2 years of feedback
    These are not bugs though. They're design choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    What you said has literally nothing to do with hit and expertise being a shit design.
    Hit and expertise are two stats that made people actually have to think about reforging and gemming.

Blizzard wanted the game to be more along the lines of "this piece of gear is better because it's simple to calculate".

I can see why they took this approach. I see nothing wrong with it, just preferred the reforging days.

They've been good about fixing WQ bugs

Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    It's not that bad,

anyone remember how long orcs had tiny shoulders for during BC?

LOL

http://www.blogcdn.com/wow.joystiq.c...7132036vv8.jpg

Yes, those were the good times. When orcs had tiny shoulders.

Nowadays the problems are actually real problems that damage the game's reputation and health.

There are a lot of QoL fixes that just don't get pushed. Let me just iterate a few that annoy me to hell:

Alterac Valley auto uncheck in banned list - URGGGH
    Battleground rewards popping over the "end battleground button". You can right click to get rid of them but still it's a nuisance. Especially when you think they faded but they're on their last 0.1 sec and repop.
    Action bar lock - everytime I log in this setting is reactivated, why ?
    Max zoom resetting - have to run an addon to get this to work
    Herb phasing (edge of zones) especially in some places in Suramar, get close it disappears.
    Druid combat ress disconnect - might be fixed, havent seen this in a while - BIG fucker especially when you're doing mythic + and you are in the middle of a big fight.
    Chi torpeedo disconnect - Its so awesome on the bridge while doing Spider bitch on Mythic. GG blizz. Also other sliding down hill - you're a speedhacker - disconnect again. Sometimes needs like a minute because the game already sees you logged in for some reason.
    Chi torpeedo stuck in a little piece of grass, chi torpeedo mid air not working
    Grappling hooks throwing you back instead of where you clicked
    5 player mob tags. Especially on the WQ with 3 giants you needed to kill with a respawn of I dunno 20 fucking minutes each ?
    World boss mess, respawning the same ones, 2 per week, no loot on them, no chance to roll extra coin on them, etc
    The fucking branches before Cenarius, god damn it like every corner of Broken isles is made so you get stuck (val sharah especially).
    Suramar HP buffs that get removed in Dalaran because "it's not in broken shore" although it is. Fuck that.
    ULTRA RNG Fiesta but mostly recipes: still no rank 3 flasks (any), no rank 3 mana potions (min 500+), no aethil rank 3(minimum 2000 individual plants gathered).
    Amongst other things: Recent login servers issues, 7.1.5 stat changes LUL, Mistweaver haste/mastery legendaries (all of them! while they are the worst raiding stats).

I think they are slipping yes.