Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have neck and sephuz I'm so lucky ;D im just happy I have the helm else I have no idea what I would have done ._.

Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    Rework to it is big buff. Right now it's meh. You might as well not use it, you have to be in melee to use it and it's just few k dps increase even when used properly.
    Aye, it's a stat-stick with a convenient bonus if you really have to move and have no charges of IF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by simple82189 View Post

From my understanding of their bad luck protection it is a simple probability equation that starts at a very low percentage. That percentage determines your drop rate for each major event you complete i.e. mythic+ chests, weekly chests, emissaries, etc. Each major event you complete increases the legendary drop rate by a very small coefficient, and coefficients vary based on the event. Ordering them from highest to lowest seems to be something like this:

Weekly chest > Emissaries > Doing a raid (Mythic > Heroic > Normal > LFR) > Mythic+ (higher levels > lower levels & more chests > fewer chests) > Other random shit like world bosses and daily heroics

Back to the ambiguity and my personal frustration - what if you run 20 mythic+ every week (let's say an average of mythic 7 and 2 chests)? Is that "better" than an emissary? What if it's not? As an extreme example, what if an emissary is worth 150 mythic+? That would certainly dissuade me and I'm sure a lot of other people from farming legendaries out of mythic+.
    Why the hell would you rate Emissary chests so high? They're probably below normal mode dungeon bosses. The only reason so many people get their leggy from one of those chests (which I assume is your reason) is because everybody does them ... unlike mythic raids, which are only done by a tiny fraction of players ... who may be pushing their BLP with mythic raid bosses but end up actually GETTING their leggy from an emissary chest anyways.

Emissary chests are like bottom tier in terms of pushing your BLP.

And yes, basically this is how it works. I don't understand how there is still so much confusion about this.

1. You have a tiny chance to get a legendary in eligible content
    2. Each time you do legendary eligible content (e.g. Dungeon boss), that chance increases by an amount that is dependant on the difficulty of said content (e.g. everything > emissary chests)
    3. Eventually one will drop by sheer luck (even though your chance is still tiny) or because your BLP got pushed into a likelyhood where getting one is unavoidable.
    4. Start back at 1

What is so hard for people to understand about this?

As for your confusion about the coefficients: Blizzard has AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN stated that the harder the content, the higher your chance (and thusly, the higher the added coefficient)
    Are people just ignoring this information?

Mythic raiding > maximum weekly chest > High M+ > Heroic raiding > minimum weekly chest > Low M+ > NM Raiding > Heroics > NM Dungeons > Emissary Chest (basically World Quests) > Random world spawn chests

Somethign along these lines is VERY likely based on the information we have. The ranking affects both the initial chance to get a legendary in the first place as well as the increase of your bad luck protection should you not get one.

So

Initial chance + factor based on content difficulty + increase through bad luck protection

It's honestly not that hard and I cannot grasp how people have so much problems with this. If you want to farm for legendaries, go do as much hard content as you can. Clear mythic and heroic raids every week and then farm M+ dungeons in a range where you can finish them in an efficient time frame and ideally with 3 chests (more opportunities).

That's what all the hardcore raiders with 4+ legendaries did and it demonstrably worked for them which once again leads me to the question as to why there is so much confusion about this topic in the first place.
    IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrjstudio View Post
    I got the belt earlier for fire spec, how good even is it? any tips with using scorch sub 25%? and is the rework to it a buff or nerf cant tell
    It's pretty power neutral right now. It's worth wearing because the stats are good and it gives you mobility in execute phases, which is pretty awesome.

In terms of a DPS gain, however ... well it is in movement heavy execute phases (Cenarius), but if you can stand still, cast Fireball.

Because Scorch does not work with...
    Enhanced Pyrotechnics
    Heating Up fishing (launching Pyro and Fireball at the same time so they hit at the same time, giving you double the chance for a heating up proc, should one not crit)
    Kindling (should you use that talent)
    Conflagration (should you use that talent)
    Unstable Magic (should you use that talent)
    Fire at Will (Artifact trait)
    Great Balls of Fire (Artifact trait)

Probably missed one ore more things but you get the picture. Enhanced Pyrotechnics and Heating Up fishing are the worst offenders (followed by Kindling), everything else isn't quite as important anyways.

So use it to move, otherwise stick to Fireball is my advice.

Deleted
    I don't understand..

On a serious note. I hope they keep the new design of Norgannon's as it seems with Icy Floes going next patch as well they will be even more valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    Have you guys had any luck with drops? I tend to communicate with mage from the best guild on our server, I am in the second progress wise. And he got freakyn bracer of all of them. I get that they should be rare, but I am very worried that I get like chest with blink absorb, I guess it's better than nothing but there is big disparity in damage and I am worried some people might get benched because difference which we cannot control.

Personally I'd like bracer the most. It might seem clunky with big cast, but changes gameplay considerably, and it's alright with icy flows. Anyway throwing out big casted pyro just seems epic. DB legendary doesn't seem to bad either, especially in mythic dungs. Ring would be nice to play around tw usage.

Also please if you are posting your drop, include the drop location (heroic, emissary chest, wq or wherever it does actually drop).
    Just play the game, you will get your legendaries. Even if you don't get the best one, play the game, don't whine, he might have the better legendary, but you might proc titanforged socket on your neck or smth like that. RNG will even things out in 2-3 months, not enough time has passed and people who whine are acting like little crybabies. You didn't get your BiS legendary, you did 5k dps less than the other guy in guild with legendary, it's OK, the world will still turn tomorrow and you will have another chance. In case you get benched because another guy has a better legendary, don't whine, don't leave your guild, prove them wrong, practice, do more legendary content in order to get better. Some people will always find a reason to cry, don't be one of them.

Edit:I got the bracers 1st and DB head 2nd, 1st from dungeon boss, the other from emissary chest, and my guildie is crying because of that, but with 8ilvl better gear I'm doing 40-60k more dps, and I can bet that difference isn't in bracers, but he blames them and cries...
    Last edited by LimunFTW; 2016-12-01 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by simple82189 View Post
    Alright this might sound real stupid but hear me out.

I'm apparently rank 31 on Zul'Jin horde for iLvl at 879 - ww w.wowprogres.com/gearscore/us/zul-jin/class.mage/ (Sled). I have only received 1 legendary, and my overall ilvl is actually like 887 or something like that. I thought people were just spamming mythic+ more than me, but after looking at the rest of the page I see that basically all the other mages have 2 (or more) legendaries, and the majority of them have not done as much mythic+ as me. According to the site I've done 125 mythic+ on time, of which 74 were level 5 or higher. I feel like I've multi-chested the majority of them too.

Given... like 80% of them are MaW and I started Legion a few weeks late - am I just unlucky? I've also done my emissaries every day, and raided N/H EN and stuff for weeks.
    You are unlucky tbh, you should looted the 2nd legend with that mythic+ and raid. But rng is rng, cant force it, just wait. I rather wajt to get the bis one than get the shitty one in a hurry

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

My situation has good news and bad news. The good news is I've gotten 3 legendaries and, in fact, my luck can only get better from here.
    The bad news is my 3 legendaries are the neck, boots and chest. The neck was first and I've worn it ever since. The boots were 2nd and I wore them until I got 885 crit boots. The 3rd was the chest which will be replaced by the Nightbane robe (which is in my bags) once I get Medivh's trinket.
    No matter which legendary I get next, it will not be worse than these. But if I knew I'd have to wait about 4 months to get a legendary that does damage I might have chosen a different game to put all of my spare time into.
    Last edited by chrisnumbers; 2016-12-01 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LimunFTW View Post
    Edit:I got the bracers 1st and DB head 2nd, 1st from dungeon boss, the other from emissary chest, and my guildie is crying because of that, but with 8ilvl better gear I'm doing 40-60k more dps, and I can bet that difference isn't in bracers, but he blames them and cries...
    Really? take them off, play and try to perform as close as you do with them on... your combo easily adds 10-15% more damage to your single target rotation in a long fight, and much more in a short/farm fight.

I can promise you that the legendary bracers do a massive difference and will easily make up for the 40-60k more dps. On an entire raid night my pyroblast will have dealt TWICE the amount of damage than my fellow mage guildie who doesn't have them. My dps on ursoc without the bracers was around 480. Last night I did 560k... they are just that good. The longer the fight the more valuable they will be in terms of damage, on Odyn mythic (11 min) they did around 40 million damage

Quote Originally Posted by Nico3337 View Post
    I can promise you that the legendary bracers do a massive difference and will easily make up for the 40-60k more dps. On an entire raid night my pyroblast will have dealt TWICE the amount of damage than my fellow mage guildie who doesn't have them. My dps on ursoc without the bracers was around 480. Last night I did 560k... they are just that good. The longer the fight the more valuable they will be in terms of damage, on Odyn mythic (11 min) they did around 40 million damage
    THey are not even 30k gain.

I had more fun playing PTR and testing legendaries than I did on live.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    THey are not even 30k gain.
    Totally relative to your personal gear and stat weights.

Silly sweeping statement.

then youd lose that bet. i can guarantee the difference is in the bracers alone, adding the helm would only increase. if he doesnt have any legendaries, or only the utilities one, you should be destroying him. if ur not, that says more about you than him.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    I have the fire belt, bl ring and now arcane bracers so it's not bad at all. I am staying arcane loot spec for the foreseeable future. Still now I have 3 legendaries with around 500 m+ runs, I consider myself unlucky, but there are folks with over 2000 with just 4 leggos so there is silver lining to it. Still I am waiting for lucky streak for legendaries. Might as well get a bad one so I can get past them asap. Guildies with half the content I've done still got their third sooner than me.

I'm talking exactly about that, he is playing arcane with one legendary(I also have one since I still haven't got that hall upgrade). He is using the legendary and spec as an excuse to play badly and not even trying. That is the biggest problem which I can see. Other than that, I play in a guild that has really low DPS problems and we wipe mostly because of the incompetence of some of our men, and no one would blame him for doing 10-20k less than me knowing the legendary issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Yipikayey View Post
    Yep, the four legendaries i had got in my characters were from raids or mythic+, none from emissaries.
    The four i've gotten (2 on each char) were from emissaries. It's almost like it's random?

I am aware of their OPness, but I'm talking about statistics. He is playing arcane with one legendary(I'm not sure which, but it's an arcane spec only legendary) and with the spec he rarely gets above 50% rank in his ilvl bracket, while I never got below 75% (except on Il'gynoth, which is because we have loads of aoe and I am not even trying to do aoe, since we kill him in one entering), and I often get legendary in my bracket. I'm trying to state the fact that he is using the bracers as an excuse to play badly and not even try to improve. Similar like other people: "Hey, that spec is op, and always will be better than me, why even try to improve..."
    Last edited by LimunFTW; 2016-12-06 at 01:03 PM.

Deleted
    Zann'esu Journey - Now increases the damage of your next Blizzard by 50%, up from 35%.

Marquee Bindings of the Sun King - Now deals 275% extra damage, down from 300%.

Koralon's Burning Touch - Scorch now also deals 350% extra damage and is a guaranteed Critical Strike below 30% health up from 25%.

Ice Time - Damage increased

PTR Changes: Both belts now look very good, especially the scorch belt, execute phase anyone!!! :P

Deleted
    Anyone tested whether scorch scorch pyro works or do we have timing problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Berkhtar View Post
    Anyone tested whether scorch scorch pyro works or do we have timing problems?
    Where do i find a sub 30% health dummy?

Edit just, tried and seems to work with 200ms ping, dmg with belt under 30% still bad btw, without further buffs neither ring+belt+bracers will save fire...
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2016-12-06 at 03:12 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©