Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    If you still believe that a post indicating an official forthcoming update, followed by an official interview regarding Legacy as something Blizzard is taking seriously, cannot be construed as a promise for an interesting update, this is on you, not me.

You laughed at my analogy speaking of tomorrow, when tomorrow never comes. Yet the idea is the crux of your defense.

It all is reminiscent of elementary grade years, where something is sworn to be given (I'll let you watch tv, if you give me $1), but when the time comes (after the show), the response is: "I didn't say when I would give you $1"!

Is this really what you are defending? Update in 2 years, no problem, by your judgment?
    Are you just, like, using a random sentence generator to form your posts now? At no point in any of that did you come even remotely close to creating a cohesive argument.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Are you just, like, using a random sentence generator to form your posts now? At no point in any of that did you come even remotely close to creating a cohesive argument.
    I'll try to make shorter sentences, tailored just for you, next time.

PS - if you are jumping into the thread, it is advised you read other posts as well before you comment. Thanks.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-12-07 at 04:26 AM.

I'll try to make shorter sentences, tailored just for you, next time.
    For the sake of everybody attempting to have an intelligent conversation here, you should also try making sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And the prize for worst reading comprehension goes for... *drums roll* Vineri!

On a more serious note, you got some arrogance to be so big of an hypocrite by calling me out on "stretching the meaning of what was never said" when you claimed they promised updates:

When Blizzard never made any promise at all about that.
    Lol that is pretty funny how he backtracks on what he said and then you happily point out where he was wrong. It has been going on in this thread over and over with that one.

For the sake of everybody attempting to have an intelligent conversation here, you should also try making sense.
    I'm yet to understand your hostility. People are talking, and you are interjecting comments that are not constructive to this conversation. It's not the first time, either.

I'm yet to understand your hostility. People are talking, and you are interjecting comments that are not constructive to this conversation. It's not the first time, either.
    I'm not hostile. I'm asking you as nicely as I can to stop trying to make arguments which are so poorly thought-out and overwrought it's hard to fathom how a rational human being would ever earnestly believe what you're writing. Most of the time, it seems like you're aiming to confuse us with your weird attempts at word manipulation to the point where we unintentionally contradict ourselves just trying to figure out what you were saying in the first place.

Infracted. Stop the personal attacks
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-12-07 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Lol that is pretty funny how he backtracks on what he said and then you happily point out where he was wrong. It has been going on in this thread over and over with that one.
    Backtracking? It was explained an implicit promise. Sorry you disagree, but all you are doing is trying to discredit me with a few words, when links were already provided. You can't erase history. You can't erase what Blizzard said.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not hostile. I'm asking you as nicely as I can to stop trying to make arguments which are so poorly thought-out and overwrought it's hard to fathom how a rational human being would ever earnestly believe what you're writing. Most of the time, it seems like you're aiming to confuse us with your weird attempts at word manipulation to the point where we unintentionally contradict ourselves just trying to figure out what you were saying in the first place.
    and what is it you are trying to say then?

PS - I get you love retail WoW. No need to "implicitly" call me less than a rational human being, simply because we disagree.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-12-07 at 04:44 AM.

and what is it you are trying to say then?

...-I -I... I give up.

You mean pointing out how you were totally wrong? Seems pretty constructive to me.

If you still believe that a post indicating an official forthcoming update, followed by an official interview regarding Legacy as something Blizzard is taking seriously, cannot be construed as a promise for an interesting update, this is on you, not me.
    No, it's on you. Because it wasn't a promise. They didn't say "we'll give you updates after Blizzcon". They said "we won't have updates until after the show". The only promise there is that there would be nothing to be discussed during Blizzcon. Any other "promise" you extract on that is purely on you on the delusion.

Backtracking? It was explained an implicit promise. Sorry you disagree, but all you are doing is trying to discredit me with a few words, when links were already provided. You can't erase history. You can't erase what Blizzard said.
    And YOU can't even quote Blizz properly. You think there is a promise. Think again.

PS - I get you love retail WoW. No need to "implicitly" call me less than a rational human being, simply because we disagree.
    Since you edited this in here:

1.) I'm currently unsubbed. I do not "love" retail. I simply believe the Legacy "movement" amounts to little more than a fringe obsession of a particularly vocal group of ex-WoW players who are, at times, fun to argue with.

2.) I am not calling you less than a rational human being. I'm asking you to try creating better arguments instead of repeating the same tired hyperbole over and over again hoping eventually somebody slips up, either out of confusion or simple misinterpretation, so you can have a strange, cathartic "Gotcha!" moment.

No, it's on you. Because it wasn't a promise. They didn't say "we'll give you updates after Blizzcon". They said "we won't have updates until after the show". The only promise there is that there would be nothing to be discussed during Blizzcon. Any other "promise" you extract on that is purely on you on the delusion.
    Yup it is the same thing over and over when it comes to some people in the thread. They read WAY too much into what Blizz says and don't read what they ACTUALLY say.

Exactly. Tomorrow never comes, because today always turns to tomorrow. The supposed update, along with Blizzard taking Legacy WoW seriously was just a cover, for a 2020 announcement. Mmm Hmm... /rolleyes

Exactly. Tomorrow never comes, because today always turns to tomorrow. The supposed update, along with Blizzard taking Legacy WoW seriously was just a cover, for a 2020 announcement. Mmm Hmm... /rolleyes
    Yeah whatever, done wasting my time with you as I'm sure many are. You can color code things all you want but you are wrong and everyone in the thread saw you quote something that never happened. Change the subject, deflect things all you want. You refuse to admit you were wrong and that is just sad.

Yeah whatever, done wasting my time with you as I'm sure many are. You can color code things all you want but you are wrong and everyone in the thread saw you quote something that never happened. Change the subject, deflect things all you want. You refuse to admit you were wrong and that is just sad.
    Kyanion, the others at least provided insight, back and forth discussion. You added only insults and cuts which I already ignored. It won't insult me if you exit, bye.

Kyanion, the others at least provided insight, back and forth discussion. You added only insults and cuts which I already ignored. It won't insult me if you exit, bye.
    Yup as I expected, you just ignore the part where you were wrong and shown the quotes Blizz actually said. About what I expected from you. That is just a shining example of the types of arguments that Pro-Legacy has bombarded this thread with over the months.

And I'm not going anywhere unless this thread stops having posts. I'll never give you the echo-chamber you want.

Yup as I expected, you just ignore the part where you were wrong and shown the quotes Blizz actually said. About what I expected from you. That is just a shining example of the types of arguments that Pro-Legacy has bombarded this thread with over the months.

And I'm not going anywhere unless this thread stops having posts. I'll never give you the echo-chamber you want.
    Except I reveal sources, where you do not. You do insult posters, however.

Edit: shown the quotes Blizz actually said? Do you have no coherent recollection of what was actually said?

Blizzard states an update post-Blizzcon.
    < post-Blizzcon >
    Blizzard states they are taking Legacy seriously, and would like to do it all-out, as a full blown re-release.

You may want to read the links before you comment .. just say'in.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-12-07 at 05:24 AM.

Except I reveal sources, where you do not. You do insult posters, however.

Edit: shown the quotes Blizz actually said? Do you have no coherent recollection of what was actually said?
    This is exactly the kind of nonsense that you really should stop. Your "source" is the result of your own misinterpretation. It's actually honestly kind of impressive that you can claim somebody isn't "revealing sources" when the very thing they're arguing is your inability to comprehend what was factually said and what you think was said.

This is exactly the kind of nonsense that you really should stop. Your "source" is the result of your own misinterpretation. It's actually honestly kind of impressive that you can claim somebody isn't "revealing sources" when the very thing they're arguing is your inability to comprehend what was factually said and what you think was said.
    Your inability to comprehend the sources is what is preventing you from realizing what is really happening. Blizzard stated they are seriously considering implementing Legacy. It's difficult to swallow, but swallow you must ... Blizzard said it, not me. I mean really dude / dudette, must we keep going through an an analysis of what the makers of WoW publically state?