Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Darn was really hoping it was future you talking so I could get winning lotto numbers :'(
    On the other hand our team who did about 40 attempts at the mythic enounter had no issues with it.

Haha, belive me if i had those i probably wouldn't hang around these places.

Deleted
    Haha... the invisible balls are real then... one of our tanks kept mentioning them and I just thought maybe it was a graphical error on his end or something.

What mystifies me is that it only seems to affect specific players AFAIK. Pretty sure that every ball I've been hit by so far has been a plain old visible ball because I'm simply bad, but that gif shows a ranged/healer player being hit by an invisible orb (that shouldn't have even been going anywhere near them) so it's not a tank specific thing either.

Hopefully it gets hotfixed somepoint soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnick View Post
    This reddit poster has finally posted footage of something I have been saying since its release!

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...s_fixedm_odyn/

The balls clearly either hit you far before they ever reach you(Like 15+ yards), or are just straight up invisible period.
    If you look at the top right spear in the video, You see a ball blink out of existence the moment the redditor is stunned, yet hes a good 15+ yards away from it.

What?...
    I have never had this happen although I have heard of it happening. I think people claim they were hit by an invisible ball far more than it actually happens though.

It is called lag I believe.

I originally was calling bullshit on a few of my friends but

then I got hit by a few myself a few raids later

Oops

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    It is called lag I believe.
    Normally, I'd agree, but in this particular case it is related to a single mechanic. I've seen no reports of the shield/horn going off prematurely for example. The fight is consistent in every aspect except this one weird thing that people keep reporting, making me believe it's an actual glitch.

Deleted
    Yeah, there are invisible Balls flying around. When I can see them, I rarely ever get hit by them but sometimes there aren't even any balls around and I still get stunnned.

From what I have seen the last few times I got stunned it was, when the sword was about to pop out. Kinda annoying but at least you cannot be oneshot from any spawning Swords either (because there is a CD on when they pop up again).

Really weird and makes progress kinda hard, because it makes really rooting out the players, that are either really unlucky or just plow through all of them all the time really annoying (yes, 8+ is "okey, nobody is that unlucky").

It's obviously because of network latency, been playing with a crappy connection for a long time, I see this kind of behavior a lot, even a slight spike in latency sometimes can cause this on some boss mechanics specially with moving objects.

The worst part about the invisible balls is that everyone is using it as an excuse

Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    Maybe one of the shadow images that travel to the boss touched it? Almost looks like it did. Just like the monk statue seems to have been placed in the spot where the ball disappears as has been pointed out already?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Two things people should take away from this thread. One, invisible balls 100% do exist, evidenced both in this thread and my own personal experience. The other thing to take away from this is that they don't happen nearly as often as your raiders might suggest. The worst part about invisible balls isn't that they exist, it's that people use them as an excuse when they get stunned into spears every single fucking time.

Generally from my observation it happens when balls collide with certain animations, and sometimes when they pass through Odyns body.

I too have experienced random stuns, but on Mythic. I make sure I have nothing coming at me, then get stunned out of nowhere.

Nothing to do with hardware or connection, just a software bug.

Deleted
    i have been also hit by invisible orbs at odin fight

Deleted
    I have been hit by them once, on mythic.

6 times on LFR.

I don't know how relevant that information is, but that's just my situation. The one on mythic I got flamed so bad for. T_T

Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    It looks like the orb hit his shadowy apparition and then stunned him. So the game interpreted his appartition as his hitbox.

Happens to me a lot as a bear, figured I was missing them as they traveled through his feet (despite not seeing them).

I'm probably still just as bad though.

Fuck I knew something was going on.

Whats special about the mythic orbs?

I have never had this happen in mythic dungeon or the norm/heroic raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew these orbs were hitting me from an abnormal distance.

As a melee dps, this troubles me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Whats special about the mythic orbs?

I have never had this happen in mythic dungeon or the norm/heroic raid.
    Well, they stun you for 3 (or 4? honestly I rage so much whenever I get hit I stop paying attention) seconds which can lead to a very rapid death. Mythic Odyn has some different mechanics from normal or heroic. On Mythic you need to run to a rune after a mob has died and get 'infused' with that one particular rune (which is random every unerring blast) or you will get hit for ~10M damage. Also, the spears of light hurt quite a bit, 1.5M IIRC. Not only that, the balls hit for 400k and taking a shatter (600k) immediately afterwards puts you in the danger zone if you were topped off, dead if you were not.