I continuously have guildies complain that the consecration area of effect visual is not visible to them after the initial drop down effect; although I on the other hand can view it during game play the entire duration. I requested another guild mate to go protection spec on their Paladin to see if the bug can be reproduced on another character. I could see their consecration for about 1 second, then it disappeared, yet they can view it on their screen the full duration. This comes into play when people are attempting to run to my consecration to lose agro on mobs, but they are unable to see it. If I swap to ret or holy people see the consecration. Guildies have also noticed the same thing on randoms wit other prot Paladins. Has anyone else noticed this? No, I don't think it is by design, if it was, I think it would be the same for all specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluegeltuer View Post
    I more or less always take Horn of Valor and Shiwermaws Jawbone in M+.
    I would love to have a good Shivermaw for M+! My off-tank got one at 870 from order hall chest. I'm jelly.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sepelio View Post
    You can disagree if you want, but its not really an opinion, factually its a horrid trinket, the extreme level of variance in proc makes it unreliable. As far as for necrotic with legendary boots, Sephuz is better in that regard in nearly every way. The trinket itself when compared either offensively or defensively of alternates with similar ilvl will lose out unless it decides it wants to be a generous god and proc more than once every 4 minutes.
    Factually, you're talking out your ass. My 870 Chrono Shard destroys my 865 Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor in DPS, DTPS and TMI.

A lot of Chrono Shard's value is wrapped up in its passive strength. It is not the best survivability trinket, as it is a hybrid between DPS and survviability. If you want the most consistent survivability setup, your best bet is double stam trinkets or stam and Goblet. If you give a rat's ass about DPS though, Chrono Shard is quite competitive, though nothing beats Angerboda. Concerning the second trinket slot, it's a tossup between Chrono Shard and Goblet. Neither is a bad choice, and you'll probably just go with whichever one has higher ilvl. All things being equal, Goblet is going to be more consistent while Chrono Shard is higher burst.

The reason I prefer Chrono Shard, is because I use Angerboda and Mark of the Heavy Hide. Individually the proc rates might not be that good, but the odds are quite high that I will have one of the 5 procs up at any given time, and I find any one of them to be more useful for surviving against trash in mythic+ than the really high uptime but low throughput Goblet proc. Of course, I also have WAs for all this shit, and I pride myself on actually paying attention to the flow of the fight and knowing when I have to use mitigation vs when I don't.

If you want to talk raiding, I generally would not advocate the use of Chrono Shard over Goblet.

Otherwise, Chrono Shard is easily one of the best hybrid trinkets in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Of course, I also have WAs for all this shit, and I pride myself on actually paying attention to the flow of the fight and knowing when I have to use mitigation vs when I don't.
    lol

You could have saved yourself a lot of time by simply saying "in my opinion Chrono Shard is better and by the way I have no data to back that up."

Quote Originally Posted by Fusoya View Post
    lol

You could have saved yourself a lot of time by simply saying "in my opinion Chrono Shard is better and by the way I have no data to back that up."
    Learn to read. My data is simulations, which put Chrono Shard at an equivalent ilvl of Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor at nearly the same value for DPS, DTPS and TMI.

I never even said that Chrono Shard is "better" as you have asserted, I have simply rejected the preposterous notion that it's a garbage trinket.

You quoted the least relevant part of my post, and you're acting as if I'm arguing something that I'm not. Basically, you either can't read, or you're shitposting.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2016-12-06 at 11:37 PM.

The problem is - chrono shard is an rng proc. Memento is rng as well, but you don't go long without at least "a" proc. In raids that's fine cause the rng tends to level out over time, but in m+ every pull is extremely predictable and you want your trinket to help you on specific pulls rather than just get a huge buff when your single targetting 1 mob down. I'll still run chrono in raids, but after thinking about it I'm moving back to HoV for m+

Simulations are just that, simulations Laurcus, comparing it to ichor of course its better, as ichor is mediocre, from a dps perspective though it is always going to lose to memento+EoC on any boss and on aoe it will always lose to Memento+Flame wreath+Horrorslime+Horn even

- - - Updated - - -

Chrono is only ever going to be picked if it has a decently higher ilvl for the base str to partially outweigh the proc rng fuckery. I used mine for a time and still use it if i want to pray to the gods for decent rng, but the trinkets enormous inconsistency diminish its value so significantly, there are better trinkets than it in every situation, not for a single situation is it optimal, so yea, its a pretty garbage trinket. As much as i'd like to say its top 4-5 BiS for everything, bar ST dps, it honestly isn't, you can say that your sims back that up etc, thats fine, their is a reason i'm the top parser.

Aoe - Memento/Aran's/Horrorslime/Horn/Arcanocrystal/Haste stat stick are all better
    ST - Memento/Arcanocrystal/EoC/Haste stat stick
    Survival wise - Since the procs rng is so low you can't even treat this trinket as having anything resembling reliable defensive value.

Also reading your post again - Your best bet survival wise is not double stam trinkets or stam and goblet - Your best bet is DMC (Hands down BiS, nothing remotely compareable to this joke of a trinket) and a high ilvl statuette. I don't list arcanocrystal for this as well, gl getting one.
    Last edited by Sepelio; 2016-12-07 at 05:22 AM.

What do you think about Rending Paw, Blueprint?

Procs only on critical auto attacks, we have a baseline slow 1handed weapon and don't have a large amount of crit, passive strength is nice, proc is 2-3% at best

Quote Originally Posted by Piffz View Post
    What are you guys thoughts on the new Artifact Path thats available in the future? I kinda wanna get 1/20 in the Armor trait and than save up a comfortable amount so I can unlock the whole path instant when its released.

I mean, if I go 20/20 than the path is gonna cost shitloads of AP, even with 25 AK.
    The increase in cost per rank levels off after 35, becoming almost linear. Since AK continues to scale and AP cost doesn't, that makes each rank actually feel cheaper than the last. I want all the armor. I wanna be a damn turtle.

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone remind me where Str fits in with DPS stat priority? If I am comparing trinkets with haste or strength, how do I weigh them? Thanks.

You can just sim yourself, here's mine though:
    ( Pawn: v1: "Mawaifu-ST": Strength=9.96, CritRating=7.82, HasteRating=9.96, MasteryRating=6.47, Versatility=7.35, Dps=1.73 )

Simulations are just that, simulations Laurcus, comparing it to ichor of course its better, as ichor is mediocre, from a dps perspective though it is always going to lose to memento+EoC on any boss and on aoe it will always lose to Memento+Flame wreath+Horrorslime+Horn even

- - - Updated - - -

Chrono is only ever going to be picked if it has a decently higher ilvl for the base str to partially outweigh the proc rng fuckery. I used mine for a time and still use it if i want to pray to the gods for decent rng, but the trinkets enormous inconsistency diminish its value so significantly, there are better trinkets than it in every situation, not for a single situation is it optimal, so yea, its a pretty garbage trinket. As much as i'd like to say its top 4-5 BiS for everything, bar ST dps, it honestly isn't, you can say that your sims back that up etc, thats fine, their is a reason i'm the top parser.

Aoe - Memento/Aran's/Horrorslime/Horn/Arcanocrystal/Haste stat stick are all better
    ST - Memento/Arcanocrystal/EoC/Haste stat stick
    Survival wise - Since the procs rng is so low you can't even treat this trinket as having anything resembling reliable defensive value.

Also reading your post again - Your best bet survival wise is not double stam trinkets or stam and goblet - Your best bet is DMC (Hands down BiS, nothing remotely compareable to this joke of a trinket) and a high ilvl statuette. I don't list arcanocrystal for this as well, gl getting one.
    Where does Toe Knee's Promise fit in there? I've seen some pretty impressive AOE numbers using it, but as I've not yet managed to get a hold of most of the other trinkets you listed for AOE, I'm wondering if I'm just seeing what I want to see.

Truthfully i don't really know where Toe Knees fits, i don't have one to test myself, but on paper it looks very very weak, whilst being an on use and something you can control has its perks, its damage value is far too low to compare wth the big big aoe trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by OrcinusDrake View Post
    You can just sim yourself, here's mine though:
    ( Pawn: v1: "Mawaifu-ST": Strength=9.96, CritRating=7.82, HasteRating=9.96, MasteryRating=6.47, Versatility=7.35, Dps=1.73 )
    So haste and strength are about equal for DPS? And haste is better for survivability. So may as well go with haste, all else being equal.

Truthfully i don't really know where Toe Knees fits, i don't have one to test myself, but on paper it looks very very weak, whilst being an on use and something you can control has its perks, its damage value is far too low to compare wth the big big aoe trinkets.
    The on-paper part is why I'm unsure. Looking at the tooltip, it should be doing about 210k damage per target, (275k with the nightbane chest, which I typically use). Looking at this Nythedra kill, it looks like it did closer to 700k damage per use (the boss was not debuffed with the other trinket which improves this one at all). I also mistimed my Seraphim and only had it up for 2 of the 3 uses.

I don't know how the other AOE trinkets compare, but in M+ particularly, I've been pretty happy with it, but if I should be seeking out an Aran's or Horrorslime, so be it :-)

Horrorslime is the most consistent for M+, i cannot stand Arans, if i had a higher ilvl one i'd use it cause in the end it would end up being good i'm sure, but its triggering as fuck when you do a dungeon where it procs once, but then again when you do a pull in maw and it procs 3 times and does 25% of your dps, you blow a load through your desk.

You would quite possibly run toe-knees with horrorslime for aoe, in 5 mans it being on a 1 minute cooldown is quite amazing, perfect synergy with sera and the small downtime inbetween large aoe packs would really benefit from it, i might try and get one, thanks for bringin it to my attention better bud!

So how much of an ilvl difference does it require for chronoshard to be better than memento/horn? I have an 880 chrono, but since i always run with protection loot spec i only have 850 memento and 845 horn.

Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    You can get horn as any loot spec . You just gotta run through Halls of Valor /wrist
    Yeah i'm aware of that, but as you implied running HoV is worse than drinking bleach.

My 875 chrono was smashing 865 HoV in sims. Haven't thoroughly tested though

880 chrono far better than 850/845 - the raw strength has absurd value, horn is only really going to be better than chrono at equivelant ilvl, and thats provided chrono doesn't proc well.

You can ask Grayhound/Liminara - The guy who does the simcrafting, the sims aren't even close to correct for optimal dps.