Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I would take the lesser geared tank just because if we clear it with him than he gets the 3/3 and I might be able to call him the next raid to see if he want s to run it the next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Would you kick yourself if you found someone doing the same job as you with better gear?
    Raidleading isn't gear dependant though. And thats the job he was doing by organizing the pug.

To be fair, I've led multiple raids without actually being in the raid, but that was when it was to the benefit of people I actually gave a !@#$ about, and not random pugs that joined to mooch gear while doing as little as possible to earn it.

Honestly, it's a fine line. It'd be selfish if it was just for the benefit of the RL, but it sorta benefits everyone present and contributes to the overall success of the raid. This is particularly relevant if you aren't 100% sure that the group you have can make it all the way through - you'd stand to gain a lot from having a much better-geared raid member.

But if we're talking about normal/heroic raiding, then the old tank should be able to swap to DPS, right? Tanks have a hard limit, but the DPS limit is far more malleable thanks to flexible raid sizes. And if that tank has a half-decent amount of points in their offspec weapon, they should be able to perform decently. I would think that the raid leader's first approach would be to ask them if they can DPS instead, to let in a better-geared tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Raidleading isn't gear dependant though. And thats the job he was doing by organizing the pug.

To be fair, I've led multiple raids without actually being in the raid, but that was when it was to the benefit of people I actually gave a !@#$ about, and not random pugs that joined to mooch gear while doing as little as possible to earn it.
    If you want to make the argument that "his job is the raid leader" than by that same logic he should kick himself out the moment a better raid leader became available.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    If you want to make the argument that "his job is the raid leader" than by that same logic he should kick himself out the moment a better raid leader became available.
    How do you know who's a better raidleader based on ILVL alone ?

You dont know either tanks - so make a decision. The outcome will show how good You are as a raid leader, has nothing to do with being an asshole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. Total dick.

Same way you know who's the better tank...you look at their raid progression.

Looking for approval, OP?

Anyway pugs are already a mess. Also, people can just start the group if they are unhappy about the way they're treated. But they are lazy and usually let someone else take care of inviting players. And they leave at first wipe.

Pugs in a nutshell.
    Last edited by Sencha; 2016-12-07 at 09:17 AM.

Deleted
    It might be good for the raid itself (Chances still are the lower geared tank would perform better).

Does it make you a dick doing it?
    Yes, and a huge one at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    so you disregard the only objective metrics you have because they could, could, be fake?

Our logic is very different
    ilvl is objective only to say if the character is better (and even when i say so it's a HUGE stretch, because of how secondary stats work), not a player. Logs are good and objective metric to tell if the player is any good, but not ilvl or achievements
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Kicking someone pre-raid because they show up unprepared, wasted, or causing other problems is perfectly acceptable. Taking up their time and then kicking them because you found someone (you think) is better is a jerk move. Please put me on ignore so I don't accidentally sign up to tank for you: Peacekeeper Benhir

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same way OP magically knew that the higher ilvl tank would be better than the lower ilvl tank?
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

How do you know who's a better tank based on iLvl/achievements alone?

Can you guaruntee that tank wasn't pushed through damage by insane healing or DPS? You can't. Unless you look at parses, you simply cannot.
    Last edited by SandmanActual; 2016-12-07 at 01:52 PM.

Do what you want, it's your group, your rules(or lack thereof).

If I make a group, I kick and keep whoever I want based on any or no reasoning, it's a game after all.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future