Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Here's hoping the reporter that breaks the story that lays out how Bannon (and Trump) committed treason by colluding with Russia to hack US government emails to affect the election, gets the cover next year.....
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    If you truly understood the atrocities committed by Hitler, you would never have written what you just wrote.
    Can you list those atrocities he committed by 1938? Because that's not a very long list. I know that some people do not understand timelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

What a joke, as usual... manchild of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Oh no the incoming president of the US took a call from a democratically elected leader which pissed off a dictatorship this is terrible.
    Which made it blatantly obvious he doesn't understand international relations. He's as fit for office as the next school bully, and it shows. If he makes the full 4 years without being impeached, I'll draw my hat.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    I don't disagree when people say Obama was a mediocre/lukewarm president, but comparing him with the likes of trump is frankly just insulting and over-dramatic.
    No. You misread my point. I'm comparing how Trump's 2016 zealots are, pretty much note for note, following the Obama 2008 zealot script about how their favored candidates election changes everything, heralds the ascendancy of the alt-right (Trump) / liberalism (Obama), the end of this or that, "Change" and taking on the elites and so forth. All that nonsense about being a post-racial society looks completely ridiculous in retrospect, huh?

Aaaaaand it was in 2010, Obama had his wings clipped. And that was before the election. It turns out, that particular egotist had a dysfunctional working relationship with members of his own party in Congress well before the Tea Party showed up on the scene. Get ready for a repeat performance of that, with the Republicans. Trump has his priorities, Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan have theirs.

My point is, the Trumpkins are in for every bit a rude awakening as the Obama zealots were. Winning a Presidential election JUST means you won a Presidential election. Had Hillary won, she would still have had to work with at least Paul Ryan, and possibly/probably Mitch McConnell. The ebullience of the Trumpkins is every bit as delusional as the Obamaites who thought his election marked the final victory of (at the very least) center-left politics in this country.

In politics there is no such thing as permanent victories.

Obama won a Nobel Peace Prize for being a specific color as President, which is all sorts of a mockery of the institution. It should have went to a great scientist, doctor, writer, you know, someone contributing to the quality of life? It has nothing to do with color, it has to do with contribution to society. I think the powderpuffs can handle the orange guy being called something on a magazine. Hell, more than 2/3rd's of the country voted for the guy by not getting off their lazy asses and voting at all.

Also, to the dipshit saying "Hitler ruined Germany", why not ask a German or an Austrian about that. He repaired their economy, and despite the horrible piece of shit he was, beyond the genocide he is still regarded as saving Germany from economic collapse. However, lets not get facts in the way of our diatribe.

I didn't vote for Trump, but if you didn't vote, please refrain from complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no the incoming president of the US took a call from a democratically elected leader which pissed off a dictatorship this is terrible.
    You sure understand a lot about diplomatic relationships, do ya?
    And consequently a lot about your own economy too, it seems.
    You rather get cozy with a 23.5 million market, and piss off 1.3 billion one.
    Very intelligent, VERY!
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Hard to imagine a more damning indictment of 2016.

Unless they made it Zach Snyder I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Hitler was person of the year 1938, so they stay in line.
    They chickened out of Osama bin Laden in 2001 though :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Here's hoping the reporter that breaks the story that lays out how Bannon (and Trump) committed treason by colluding with Russia to hack US government emails to affect the election, gets the cover next year.....
    Proof?

10char

15+ Year Old Account
    I may not agree with his policies, outlook or general approach to people but he has had a massive impact on the outcome of this year and will certainly have a big impact to come so kinda makes sense.

Like was said before, it's not an award for Most Likeable Person of 2016.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    How did Obama change the game?
    Building the Obama coalition filled with people who had not voted before (especially the young). Utilizing new technology and a revolutionary campaign and message to defeat two entrenched establishment figures (Hillary Clinton then John McCain). His ultimately victory, it was, claimed, heralded a new enduring era of "change" (in the obama context, a liberal, post-racial society where "demographics was destiny") and a rejection of the elites that had failed the country.

Sound familiar? Change a couple of notes, it is the Trumpkins, 8 years before Trump.

Trump's election is horrifying. But he, like his predecessor will find it much harder to govern. And his supporters, much like his predecessor, will find their hopes and dreams dashed rather early. It was after all, about a year and a half before people started to say "What happened to the Change I voted for?"

Get ready for a repeat performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You sure understand a lot about diplomatic relationships, do ya?
    And consequently a lot about your own economy too, it seems.
    You rather get cozy with a 23.5 million market, and piss off 1.3 billion one.
    Very intelligent, VERY!
    If it leads to more domestic production I'm fine with that, the US imports about 400 billion in goods from China we only export 140 billion to China.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    Obama won a Nobel Peace Prize for being a specific color as President, which is all sorts of a mockery of the institution. It should have went to a great scientist, doctor, writer, you know, someone contributing to the quality of life? It has nothing to do with color, it has to do with contribution to society. I think the powderpuffs can handle the orange guy being called something on a magazine. Hell, more than 2/3rd's of the country voted for the guy by not getting off their lazy asses and voting at all.

Also, to the dipshit saying "Hitler ruined Germany", why not ask a German or an Austrian about that. He repaired their economy, and despite the horrible piece of shit he was, beyond the genocide he is still regarded as saving Germany from economic collapse. However, lets not get facts in the way of our diatribe.

I didn't vote for Trump, but if you didn't vote, please refrain from complaining.
    I always sort of thought of it that Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize on behalf of the Nobel Comittee recognizing historic nature of the United States electing a black man, which I think in that context, is a fairly valid issuance of the award. Did Obama personally deserve it? No of course not. Not in the least on the grounds they gave it to him (he said nice things about a World without nuclear weapons). But I think the broader American electorate did deserve it for the historical significance of the act. But they obviously couldn't award the prize to "the people of the United States".

10+ Year Old Account
    If it leads to more domestic production I'm fine with that, the US imports about 400 billion in goods from China we only export 140 billion to China.
    You import what you need, and you need your export revenue.
    In fact, considering your atrocious export deficit, you need that revenue desperately.
    And the import won't get lowered either, until you raise the incomes of those below the thresholds, because then the people might (no guarantee on that though) not go for the cheaper products.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Also, to the dipshit saying "Hitler ruined Germany", why not ask a German or an Austrian about that.
    Why don't you try it?

Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize because he wasn't George Bush, not because of the color of his skin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Ditto for your comment
    Need some help making sense of your reply, sorry to have to ask.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the one thing trump needed was an ego boost.
    Last edited by SLSAMG; 2016-12-07 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Why don't you try it?
    Yeah, Germany was in bad shape after WW1, but certainly not as bad as after WW2. Luckily, there was a visionary like Marshall.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I'm comparing how Trump's 2016 zealots are, pretty much note for note, following the Obama 2008 zealot script about how their favored candidates election changes everything, heralds the ascendancy of the alt-right (Trump) / liberalism (Obama), the end of this or that, "Change" and taking on the elites and so forth.
    Obama was not a fringe left candidate by any stretch of the imagination, he's centrist even by US standards. And he played it very safe in his first term.

If Bernie Sanders was elected President in 2008, maybe.