Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I guess it must mean im old, but i practiced ghosting before the internet was even a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    "social media expert"? What is that?
    Its what Liberal Arts degrees get you.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Its what Liberal Arts degrees get you.
    Well if she gets paid to study that, kinda hard to blame her.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's called "I found someone better and they bumped you on my schedule"
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    It's called "I found someone better and they bumped you on my schedule"
    It's also called "and I don't have the balls to brake the news".

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    This generation of people who have grown up children of helicopter parents. Their parents handled everything, so they have been sheltered from the world and how to live in it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It's a bit rude, but whatever. Nobody is obligated to have any kind of relationship with you or anyone else. Move on and dgaf.
    Pretty much.

It's also called, "That bitch is bat-shit and if I call her and break it off, I may find my car keyed or something." Better to just creatively let it die and make her think she's calling it. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    It's also called, "That bitch is bat-shit and if I call her and break it off, I may find my car keyed or something." Better to just creatively let it die and make her think she's calling it. /shrug
    This is assuming everyone who does it only does it to crazy clingy people. A big assumption I do not believe for a second.

7+ Year Old Account
    If I don't want someone in my life, I have no obligation to tell them why.

I don't do confrontation unless it's part of something I'm getting paid for. Am I being cowardly? Not in my opinion.

It's consistent with how I handle all aspects of my life. Since I became a legal adult, I don't do 1 gddmn thing I don't want to unless someone is paying or forcing (physically) me.

Is it being disrespectful? I don't know and I don't care. I don't hand out respect like candy. To get it from me, someone has to be pretty dmned impressive.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Boy is it obvious who doesent have much dating history here. Trying to claim that ghosting is a new generational thing lmao. I guess if you go back to the Silent Generation, it wouldnt be something that happens often. Then again WW ghosting was def a thing for soldiers. Ghosting is simply not calling back someone after a date, the internet did not invent this. Anybody claiming its a new thing, probably never dated more than one person to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    If I don't want someone in my life
    Why did you date them in the first place? Your excuse is a bit lacking in the logic department.

People in general dislike confrontation, break ups and things of that sort are awkward, uncomfortable AND confrontational, shocker that in a time when you can just up and "ghost'(to use the parlance) that people choose the path of least resistance.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Why did you date them in the first place? Your excuse is a bit lacking in the logic department.
    You generally dont know someone until you actually have a decent real alone time with them. Date is a decent opportunity for that? You may think you know for example a coworker, but in reality you know shit about them from a personal standpoint until you get there.

10+ Year Old Account
    That also stood out to me. How does one become a Social Media Expert? Master the Art of Twitter-Fu? Able to analyse Like trends like no other? Just sounds pretty dumb to me.

On-Topic: Sounds like really rude people. If you don't want to continue going out with someone then just tell them that. If you don't want to continue being friends either then make that clear also. There's really no need for drama and once you've done that then you can ignore them. Just ignoring someone that you had started some form of relations with seems like a dick move.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghosting is shitty but it happens, even before the internet. Take the hint and move on. If you think you're going to meet your soulmate on Tinder I got some bad news for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    That also stood out to me. How does one become a Social Media Expert? Master the Art of Twitter-Fu? Able to analyse Like trends like no other? Just sounds pretty dumb to me.
    Or more likely shes a sociologist? Im not really sure why the hate Social science is getting nowdays, i could claim that people are idiots in general, but i mean social sciences were more respected in ancient Greece, yet somehow their sociologist gets respect now lol.

hahaha I am so glad I wasn't the first one to laugh at that. When did this thing not happen? Sounds like some chick got dumped and thinks its a new thing in society.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    You generally dont know someone until you actually have a decent real alone time with them. Date is a decent opportunity for that? You may think you know for example a coworker, but in reality you know shit about them from a personal standpoint until you get there.
    How does that stop you from explaining "this isn't working out"? Should be pretty easy to say if it's just a date. If it's serious then it would make more sense it's hard to tell.

And this is coming from someone who has done it. The difference is I'm not trying to be holier than thou about it, I know I was a dick.

How does that stop you from explaining "this isn't working out"? Should be pretty easy to say if it's just a date. If it's serious then it would make more sense it's hard to tell.

And this is coming from someone who has done it. The difference is I'm not trying to be holier than thou about it, I know I was a dick.
    Im not defending it either and like i said in my first post, i definitively done it a few times. To be honest i found ghosting harder if it got much further then just dates. I pretty much just expected the other person to just call it a bad luck and go back fishing? After like a month id feel i owe them an explanation personally. One date, who gives a shit lol.

If you go on a handful of dates or meet ups with someone I don't think you really owe them anything if it's just not working out. Better to rip off the badaid and move on than drag along in something that isn't working or your not invested in.