Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    LOL.
    People spammed the fuck out of trade chat in vanilla, what are you talking about? back when there was no cooldown on trade chat?
    Yeah, and people generally used LFG for groups because it was global.

People did use trade chat but it was generally used for people trying to sell or get stuff crafted, whereas most of the groupfinding like what he said was put in LFG.

7+ Year Old Account
    spending hours farming soul shards for raid, the simply get there, and cast curse+ shadowbolt the whole raid
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    • Running from Darnassus to Stormwind because Kalimdor Alliance quests were terrible
    • Spamming "LFG NEED 1 TANK 1 HEALER 2 DPS For DM" in /trade
    • Sacrificing a bag slot for arrows and soul shards
    • Spamming SMC for gold to buy your first mount
    • Running the Duel Request gauntlet everytime you left or entered SW or Org by foot
    • Getting killed by an elite worgen in Silverpine
    • Running MC for 4 hours till the group disbands
    • Killing 100 mobs for the 20 items required for quest
    • Grinding mobs and dungeons for exp because you ran out of quests and are till too low for next zone
    • Ignoring quest text because the story was rhubarb

What's your 'best' bits about Vanilla
    1. An MMORG is supposed to be an adventure, and part of any adventure is epic traveling, which walking from Darnassus to Stormwind certainly was.
    2. You just needed to use the /WHO tool, this is why they made it. It's okay, everybody's been a n00b, once.
    3. Having a quiver and carrying arrows is, you know, a basic part of being an Archer-Hunter.
    4. Playing the AH was one of the fun parts of Vanilla. You preferred to grind instead of playing the AH.
    5. Did they hurt your feelings?
    6. Honey, show us on the teddy bear here where did the bad worgen touch you.
    7. You must be this guy who breaks his foot when walking on level ground and gets his hand jammed up by their vehicle's door.
    8. Dungeons where absolutely not required for levelling. All you had to do is travel to the other continent and continue levelling there.
    9. This tends to happen after you have levelled your 10th alt like so many in this forum do. You should try other hobbies instead of beating a dead horse.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Hunters. Everything about Hunters was so much fun and awesome in Vanilla.

Except when I ran out of arrows during a dungeon.
    or when you ran outta food and your pet ran away

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Yeah, and people generally used LFG for groups because it was global.

People did use trade chat but it was generally used for people trying to sell or get stuff crafted, whereas most of the groupfinding like what he said was put in LFG.
    Global LFG didn't exist in vanilla for some time. I very distinctly remember since the only global channel back then was world defense. Can't find patch history though, but I'm pretty sure you're confusing vanilla with nostalgiashit realms.

Warlock class quests that sent you halfway across the world when you had zero flight paths for any of the areas you needed to travel to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    1. An MMORG is supposed to be an adventure, and part of any adventure is epic traveling, which walking from Darnassus to Stormwind certainly was.
    2. You just needed to use the /WHO tool, this is why they made it. It's okay, everybody's been a n00b, once.
    3. Having a quiver and carrying arrows is, you know, a basic part of being an Archer-Hunter.
    4. Playing the AH was one of the fun parts of Vanilla. You preferred to grind instead of playing the AH.
    7. You must be this guy who breaks his foot when walking on level ground and gets his hand jammed up by their vehicle's door.
    8. Dungeons where absolutely not required for levelling. All you had to do is travel to the other continent and continue levelling there.
    9. This tends to happen after you have levelled your 10th alt like so many in this forum do. You should try other hobbies instead of beating a dead horse.
    I'm surprised you missed out how SMC = silvermoon city

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    It was new when I experienced it... That's about all the good that it was for me.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    1. lol no it was not, it was annoying, no adventure in it...
    2. yes because whispering every single warrior in /who to look for a tank is such a good idea...
    3. yeah but so is eating and shitting and paying taxes, and getting stick, and having a divorce, but would having to do all that in a game make it "fun"
    4. wtf... did yo uread what he said...?
    5. no but it was annoying
    6. it was fucking annoying to have random elites like 5-10 levels higher then the mobs around it... or higher then the zone its in...
    7. yeah no, he is right, it happened alot for pugs, and sometimes even in guilds...
    8. yes they were bassicly, if you dident want to go do every single quest in the world ,revisting zones you left 15 levels ago to do one quest, you had to either 1, do dungeons, or 2, farm mobs for hours
    9.yeah no, the story in vanilla was pretty bad... even as a lore junkie there is only a few quest chains i liked lore wise from vanilla

I miss forums and sites not having threads about Vanilla and people crying over legacy servers.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

I miss being new to the game and trying to figure it all out.

10+ Year Old Account
    • Running from Darnassus to Stormwind because Kalimdor Alliance quests were terrible
    • Running the Duel Request gauntlet everytime you left or entered SW or Org by foot
    • Grinding mobs and dungeons for exp because you ran out of quests and are till too low for next zone

the best bit? Figuring out new shit with strangers.. like, getting lost in dungeons.. Or just, meet new people.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Man. The salt from OP is real.

See you guys on the 17th

I miss threat management. Tanks haven't had gameplay since Blizz killed it in Wrath, the worst expansion by far of all time.

Global LFG didn't exist in vanilla for some time. I very distinctly remember since the only global channel back then was world defense. Can't find patch history though, but I'm pretty sure you're confusing vanilla with nostalgiashit realms.
    I was still likely a filthy casual leveling up at that point as it took me a solid half-year to get to 60. But I can say that by the time I was 60 and looking for groups, which was around the BG release time, there was LFG chat.

It might've been a difference in servers, though. On Kel'thuzad Horde (which wasn't 100% dead at the time) trade was almost always actually being used to sell stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    I miss threat management. Tanks haven't had gameplay since Blizz killed it in Wrath, the worst expansion by far of all time.
    Damn, i miss having to manage threat. Made the game so much more fun as a tank IMO.

I'm surprised you missed out how SMC = silvermoon city
    Uhm, wouldn't SMC be Scarlet Monastery Cathedral? Or am I missing something?

10+ Year Old Account

Wait is this meant to be ironic?

You sly dog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    You mispelled spirit...j/k, plate could be found with either agi or spirit (or both, as early renditions of the Valor set had).

Unrelated note...this thread's gonna go places.
    To be fair, back then agility was at least useful since it had a 1-1 damage formula for warriors (whereas strength was 2-1). This got so bad that Fury warriors were often rolling against ferals and rogues for leather, and in BC many BiS Fury items early on were leather. Blizz ended up putting in Armored to the Teeth as a sort of stopgap measure to try getting Fury warriors to roll on plate instead, until removing the benefits from Agility in... either Cata or MoP, I can't recall which offhand, coupled with better DPS plate itemization from Wrath onward.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

-Undead rogue farming one billion runecloth to get my epic wolf mount
    -Epic gear was actually epic
    -Everyone knew each other on the server
    -Same server pvp very fun
    -Seeing onyxia's head in orgrimmar
    -Tarren mill vs southshore
    -Leveling 2 months after launch for the first time and having no idea wtf you are doing
    -40 man raids were rowdy af