Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    If it risks permanent harm with no positives, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

I hear that most female genital mutilation is done on pre-pubescent girls, that seems horribly painful.
    Lets do it to them when they are infants instead.
    FGM? Stay on topic man. It's circumcision we're talking about. How many circumcised males are out there wishing they weren't?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Good call. Hope it gets through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    This will not happen. Freedom of religion exists in the constitution for a reason.
    Where is the contradiction in what they said, to what the Danish Constitution says about Freedom of Religion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Where is the contradiction in what they said, to what the Danish Constitution says about Freedom of Religion?
    What's to stop parents from going elsewhere?

10+ Year Old Account
    That didn't answer my question. So where is the contradiction in what they said, to what the Danish Constitution says about Freedom of Religion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    They are already going to private clinics.

FGM? Stay on topic man. It's circumcision we're talking about. How many circumcised males are out there wishing they weren't?
    A fair number. Circumcision is still a procedure that has both benefits and drawbacks, and neither side really outweighs the other. Because of this, it shouldn't be a medical procedure that the parents can elect to for their child. It should only be performed on children with legitimate medical complications related to their foreskin.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    A fair number. Circumcision is still a procedure that has both benefits and drawbacks, and neither side really outweighs the other. Because of this, it shouldn't be a medical procedure that the parents can elect to for their child. It should only be performed on children with legitimate medical complications related to their foreskin.
    A fair number? I want to see some hard data on this? People are trying to make a fuss about everything these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    A fair number? I want to see some hard data on this? People are trying to make a fuss about everything these days.
    Why should they provide you with any evidence, when you are not doing the same when asked about claims you've made?

I don't think there is hard data on it. It's not exactly a trending issue.

I'm personally not upset that I was circumcised, but I don't see any reason to do it to my children, should I have any in the future. The health benefits are almost precisely statistically balanced with the potential complications. Both sets of complications are rare.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

I seriously don't get why so many people are so mad about boys getting circumsized. It's really not a big deal, so please stop with the crazy talk (mutilation, barbarism etc.)!! It was done to me as a child, i never had a problem with it and i have never heard of anyone who had ...
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    I seriously don't get why so many people are so mad about boys getting circumsized. It's really not a big deal, so please stop with the crazy talk (mutilation, barbarism etc.)!! It was done to me as a child, i never had a problem with it and i have never heard of anyone who had ...
    Lets just ignore the risk of death then?

>i never had a problem with it and i have never heard of anyone who had

Its very rare in Germany, so thats not a surprise.

Deleted
    They are analogous.
    Fun fact - most 'victims' of FGM wanted the procedure done - This doesn't alter the merit of the garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Risk of death, oh please come on ... driving to the doctor/hospital might be the riskiest thing you do on the day you get cirumsized. Which aspect of life has no risk of death?
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    Risk of death, oh please come on ... driving to the doctor/hospital might be the riskiest thing you do on the day you get cirumsized. Which aspect of life has no risk of death?
    Its enough to not get a pointless procedure done for religious reasons. But the majority rules, so good for Denmark.

Deleted
    You seem to be confused, You need proof it has any fucking sort of positive benefits, Absent any clinical evidence of positive outcomes, it remains pointless mutilation, and thus completely incompatible with good medical practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Why did you get it at 33?
    Medical issues. Nothing scary or gross, just needed to go.

Virtually no one dies from circumcision, to the point that it was never even brought up by my doctor as a possible complication.

The worst issues would be bridges, skin tags, and minor infections, and even those are fairly rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

Virtually no one dies from circumcision, to the point that it was never even brought up by my doctor as a possible complication.
    100 babies in the US die p/year from it, Im assuming the risk is higher with babies.

10+ Year Old Account
    100 babies in the US die p/year from it, Im assuming the risk is higher with babies.
    That's not exactly a high number.

I don't mean to sound callous. Obviously each death was a severe and painful blow to their parents. However, mathematically that's nothing. More people die from pretty much everything else (colds, flu, driving, just existing) than circumcision by a factor of thousands.

Deleted
    OK, let me adress the most concerning issue at hand: to anyone here arguing that a circumcised penis is visually more appealing... let me get this straight, as none here argued against circumcision being legal at 18+, you are telling me you need to find an infants or child’s penis appealing - are you some sort of sicko? Why the f… are you even allowed on this forum?

Regarding medical benefits – there are indeed some when it comes to HIV-1. However it has only ever been seen as medical beneficial compared to obvious risks in sub-Saharan countries and speculated to have similar benefits in countries where a the vast majority of HIV victims are hetero sexual none drug addicts – so in other words, circumcised or not circumcised, chances of getting HIV is about the same in the west. And no matter where in the world you are located circumcision does not replace a condom!

Regarding hygiene – there exists special medical issues where circumcision is needed, but these are rare and even rarer among infants – in fact hygiene does actually first become an issue when you circumcise an infant, because the wound becomes exposed to urine and fesses that infants gather in their diapers

And now the risks. Even in adults there are inherent risks involved, any medical procedure has risks involved – that’s why unneeded medical procedures in general are avoided. However as circumcision is somewhat of a PC topic, due to religious issues, very few studies gets financed and approved that actually documents any medical issues. I will however direct you towards a review done by Boyle, Goldman, Svoboda and Fernandez (2002) if want educate yourself on the topic (yes this source is actually peer-reviewed unlike much of the trash linked here) – I will however warn you: if you don’t like to read about infants suffering, you might want to skip this one. Furthermore a study from 2015 done by Frisch and Simonsens, proved a severely increased risk of ASD on circumcised boys.

So here is my advice to you – if you are 18+ and find your penis unappealing and think that a circumcision would help – get it. If you have a medical issue that requires circumcision – get it. If you are at risk of getting HIV (due to heterosexual intercourse ) and don’t have the brain function to use a condom – get that circumcision (though don’t come crying when you eventually get infected by HIV- circumcision is by no means an immunity). But if you think your infant needs circumcision without an explicit medical condition – GET MENTAL HELP, you need it!
    Last edited by mmoc99a1efe938; 2016-12-08 at 01:01 PM.