Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Well, for example, right now in Legion you get a few quests each week which allow you to keep track of the main storyline. That is about it.

I might have made an exaggeration, you are right, but still, I am sure you too noticed how the idea of "cute stuff" is slowly rising within WoW ever since Pandaria. You go out to defeat Helya's Kvaldir forces and you stumble upon Valarjar having a Pokemon-like duel.
    Mists of Pandaria was the expansion that enforced those progressive story quests with Landfall. Before that, you had a dose of story at the start of a patch and then waited for the next while repeating the same dailies (Quel'Danas is the only exception that comes to mind immediately).

There's always been references and jokes out and about, but they're largely scattered to be stumbled upon and laughed at. They've never really bothered me, although I could see how some might dislike them. In either case, they certainly aren't any worse than Uldum...
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2016-12-07 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Mists of Pandaria was the expansion that enforced those progressive story quests with Landfall. Before that, you had a dose of story at the start of a patch and then waited for the next while repeating the same dailies (Quel'Danas is the only exception that comes to mind immediately).

There's always been references and jokes out and about, but they're largely scattered to be stumbled upon and laughed at. They've never really bothered me, although I could see how some might dislike them. In either case, they certainly aren't any worse than Uldum...
    While the questing did get better through the progressive story quests, it all simply became too goofy.

Apes were allied to the Horde(like, really, Horde monkeys with spears and shields), players were assisting pandas in being calm while doing dungeons with drunken apes dancing on barrels, with oversized carrots blocking the pathway and players fighting beer monsters.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-12-07 at 04:06 AM.

While the questing did get better through the progressive story quests, it all simply became too goofy.

Apes were allied to the Horde(like, really, Horde monkeys with spears and shields), players were assisting pandas in being calm while doing dungeons with drunken apes dancing on barrels, with oversized carrots blocking the pathway and players fighting beer monsters.
    While I'm sure people would love another discussion about Mists of Pandaria, that's not really what I'm here to discuss. There's no way either of us will change the other's opinion regarding that expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post

As for Mischief, you lay off that adorable kitteh and her fel pup counter part. They are super cute and have nothing to do with being evil at all!
    Never said the 'kitteh' was evil, only the fel corrupting it.
    #boycottchina

While I think the example (pet) is a poor one, I do see where you're coming from. This whole "Fel is neutral, but hard to control without a certain amount of wilpower" approach reminds me of all the Star Wars fan fiction out there where the same suddenly applies to the Dark side of the Force. It's nonsense, made to please all the fans who want these badass villain types who's just "misunderstood".

Before all the retcons, Fel was more along the lines of what we see in the movie: Over time it corrupts the wielder. Done deal. It can be used on occasion without going completely insane, but that's about it. Nowadays it's just a form of magic that's difficult to master.

Deleted
    After years of terrible retcons it isn't anymore, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    I triggered one RP -heavy DH in our mythic+ run by saying "oh just look at this cute kitty he is corrupted by fel just like DHs". He went on a rant about blizzard for about 10 minutes (before timer started, thankfully)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I had to recheck the OP's name, cause I could've sworn it was Jaylock after I read the post.
    You say that but lately Jaylock has been making some legit sense. It's really, really weird.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I triggered one RP -heavy DH in our mythic+ run by saying "oh just look at this cute kitty he is corrupted by fel just like DHs". He went on a rant about blizzard for about 10 minutes (before timer started, thankfully)
    you sure it wasent the op?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you sure it wasent the op?
    While i do believe that i can tell a russian from a non-russian by seeing) these) things) in) a) post) (which should represent a half-assed smiley face, often used when "do i put a comma here?" and "i feel like people think that i'm too serious" question come to mind while typing, but not in this case i think
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I'm liking the direction of this thread

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    While i do believe that i can tell a russian from a non-russian by seeing) these) things) in) a) post) (which should represent a half-assed smiley face, often used when "do i put a comma here?" and "i feel like people think that i'm too serious" question come to mind while typing, but not in this case i think
    btw can i say how cringy it is that his avatar, and location are undertale... i like undertale but when people base everything people know about them about it... god...

like i can not tell you the amount of sans and papyrus's i have seen ingame now...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Don't forget the poop quests. Gotta have poop quests.

Really, if one can't stand having jokes and references in their game, Blizzard games just aren't the right choice. Funny he took so much offense to the Vrykul fighting over what beast is stronger, but not to those sea giants in Azsuna...

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Don't forget the poop quests. Gotta have poop quests.

Really, if one can't stand having jokes and references in their game, Blizzard games just aren't the right choice. Funny he took so much offense to the Vrykul fighting over what beast is stronger, but not to those sea giants in Azsuna...
    Because the sea giants in Azsuna are using shipwreck victims and stranded sailors as captives for arena combat? It actually has some sense that giants use captives for their amusement, unlike two warriors that revel in bloodthirsty battle fighting eachother using PETS. Keyword PETS; not monsters, hounds, worgs or beasts they've tamed, but pets.

It is not about jokes or refereces; I don't have a problem with them. Chen was a joke within a bonus campaign in Warcraft III and it was all nice and fine, nobody complained. The problem is when jokes become serious and like in his case, end up motivating Blizzard into making an entire expansion about them.

They simply need to draw a line which they won't cross with all the goofy content, over-the-top humor and puns. I never said that the first few expansions didn't have them, it is just that they didn't have as much goofy stuff as all the content did past that point.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-12-09 at 06:25 PM.

Because the sea giants in Azsuna are using shipwreck victims and stranded sailors as captives for arena combat? It actually has some sense that giants use captives for their amusement, unlike two warriors that revel in bloodthirsty battle fighting eachother using PETS. Keyword PETS; not monsters, hounds, worgs or beasts they've tamed, but pets.

It is not about jokes or refereces; I don't have a problem with them. Chen was a joke within a bonus campaign in Warcraft III and it was all nice and fine, nobody complained. The problem is when jokes become serious and like in his case, end up motivating Blizzard into making an entire expansion about them.

They simply need to draw a line which they won't cross with all the goofy content, over-the-top humor and puns. I never said that the first few expansions didn't have them, it is just that they didn't have as much goofy stuff as all the content did past that point.
    There's really nothing to argue here, because nobody's aiming for any objective point. You think WoW has too much goofy stuff, other people don't. I think that's really it.

Personally I think it's fine - Vanilla and BC had plenty of goofy stuff, but also had a lot more dead boring "serious" stuff ("Hi Hero, we're here for no reason, can I have 30 boar noses?"). I'd much rather some sillier stuff than loads of that awful boring filler from Vanilla/BC, but that's just me - your mileage may vary.

I don't at all agree when people say that Pandaria had a silly story, though. I think it was probably the best story to date in WoW, barring perhaps how Legion turns out. Garrosh's fall was way too fast, but that's my only major issue with it - the Landfall quest chain and the legendary were interesting stories, ToV was super cool and more. The Panderan weren't even that silly to me - at least, not any more than existing races.

The example of the monkey and fishpeople factions is brought up a bit, but they're so inconsequential I don't really see why. We side with two stupid races in Sholazaar, but I don't mark that against the WotLK story.

More on topic - the pet example was obviously terrible. It should be clear that anything you buy from the store doesn't have any bearing on lore. I don't really agree with TC about fel, though; it's still very much a dangerous and corrupting influence. Demon Hunters have been around longer than WoW, so I don't think their inclusion should be a mark against Fel "not being a big deal anymore". I would like to see Warlocks struggling with it a bit more, but I haven't played their class campaign, so maybe it's mentioned.

Every time we see Fel in-lore, it's messing up everything around it. It kills all life - animals become bloodthirsty, plants die, the ground rots, people go crazy, water turns into green lava(?) and more. It still seems like an extremely "big deal" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Witcher Arafal View Post
    did.... did you... did you just literally took the charity pet as an example?
    hahaha this is awesome

Deleted
    End boss of the Legion published!

Deleted
    I think they should make the Light a equally sinister power in the universe and let the Silver Hand go full into R'hllor mode.

"Let the Silver Hand shine, for the night is dark and full of terrors"

Seriously. The Paladins are fucking boring, I want them to go full into Crusader-Mode. The full concept of religious warriors being the night and just guys is totally stupid, as in our history, religious warriors tend to among the worst of all. Blizzard should make the whole concept of religion and divine-stuff into a more grey area.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about no. You've done enough crazy with your headcanon and well thread disruption.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    now when I hear the word Fel, its doesn't seem like this all consuming evil magic, it just seems like black coffee or using to much sugar in your cereal.
    Nature abhors the fel. Surely you must see that.

:P