Page 1 of 3
LastLast

MEGATON: You can now queue at level 20 for Crowne Company(For big love rocket) scales

Just saw this megaton on Wowhead.

You no longer have to be maximum level (110) to defeat the Crowne Company; these bosses now scale like the pre-expansion Demon Invasion bosses. We were able to queue up on level 20+ characters; have fun farming the Big Love Rocket!

As a result, the loot rewards are now appropriate to your level, similar to how Timewarped loot works. For example, Winking Eye of Love is ilvl 830 at 110, and scales down if you loot it at a lower level.
    Wow. That is awesome, I no longer need to level up 10 toons to do this holiday for a chance.

My bet is that Blizzard will do this for Headless Horseman, Brewfest and Summer Festival as well!
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

so... create new DH > queue -> repeat untill sick?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coocoo View Post
    Pretty much, you just described how my life is going to be during the event period.

Quote Originally Posted by Curmin View Post
    Pretty much, you just described how my life is going to be during the event period.
    you can pretty much guarantee there will be a 24 hr lockout like raid instances (on a new DH)

10+ Year Old Account
    Long time overdue.

I hate having to level my alts that I no longer enjoy just so I can use them for the same exact event that they were doing the last expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    you can pretty much guarantee there will be a 24 hr lockout like raid instances (on a new DH)
    They might but any other class they won't and if you got all the looms on your account...I know you can make brand new toon and get too level 20 in less then 2 hours....I have done it in hour and half with looms.

Gee it's almost like they realized a bunch of people were binge leveling a bunch of alts to max level to have more chances at the ridiculously fucking low drop chance for mounts that are available for 2 weeks a year.

Works for me as they fucked some classes up so much this expansion I can't even make it to 101 without wanting to shoot myself.

there shouldn't be IMO, if your life is that sad you want to spend all your time leveling/creating new characters knock yourself out, this comes from someone with over 26k achi points, 350+ toys 300+ mounts etc. i just draw the line at possible making over 3000 toons and running it 3000 times for an on average 90% chance of the mount, i'll run it a few see if i get lucky but 1000's of times in 2 weeks? no mount is worth that.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    there shouldn't be IMO, if your life is that sad you want to spend all your time leveling/creating new characters knock yourself out, this comes from someone with over 26k achi points, 350+ toys 300+ mounts etc. i just draw the line at possible making over 3000 toons and running it 3000 times for an on average 90% chance of the mount, i'll run it a few see if i get lucky but 1000's of times in 2 weeks? no mount is worth that.
    Whew. We didn't need to know your life story, too.
    I am glad that Blizzard, FINALLY, changed it. I can't even keep up with my alts this expansion.

Deleted
    still you can have 50 characters on a account and there is also over 50 servers so you can have 50 DK/DHs. 50 attempts per day takes around 4 hours at 5min per attempt (prolly longer if you don't get instantquues) which i guess is enough for most people :P

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    still you can have 50 characters on a account and there is also over 50 servers so you can have 50 DK/DHs. 50 attempts per day takes around 4 hours at 5min per attempt (prolly longer if you don't get instantquues) which i guess is enough for most people :P
    Eh, no need to use 50 servers, or DH (especially seeing as you need a level 70 on a server to make a DH in the first place), just create 12 DKs on 4 servers and 2 on another you'll be good.

Deleted
    I sense the time it takes to get a healer is gonna get read bad :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coocoo View Post
    You'll need to finish starting zone, then might face 24h cooldown, then dps queue.

Better plan: RaF yourself for 300% xp, make bunch of level 1 druids or paladins, level to 20 in 30 minutes. Multiple specs that are easy to change at low level by simple changing heirloom set, instant queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sense the time it takes to get a healer is gonna get read bad :/
    Why? These events haven't needed actual healers, even with tanks wearing their DPS spec's gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Why? These events haven't needed actual healers, even with tanks wearing their DPS spec's gear.
    because the group finder won't let you into the instance unless there is someone who has the ability to tick the healer checkbox.

if a lot of people find out they can just make a bunch of DKs to get more easy tries, the percentage of queuing healers goes down and queue times go up.

10+ Year Old Account
    because the group finder won't let you into the instance unless there is someone who has the ability to tick the healer checkbox.

if a lot of people find out they can just make a bunch of DKs to get more easy tries, the percentage of queuing healers goes down and queue times go up.
    Right, but it only takes a little longer to hop on a healer class and get it to 20 as it does to get out of the DK starter area. And a lot of people will level classes that get the faster queues when no effort is required, especially if they think this will be the standard for all events.

I just don't see it ever getting "real bad". If even 1 person rolls healer for the instant queue for every 4 DKs, then it evens out. I guess I just have a lot more faith that people are going to stack healers for these events.

10+ Year Old Account

Maybe, but there are a bunch of us with druids, priests etc that will choose healer just for a quicker queue, I assume some of these DH/DKs will choose tank too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Right, but it only takes a little longer to hop on a healer class and get it to 20 as it does to get out of the DK starter area. And a lot of people will level classes that get the faster queues when no effort is required, especially if they think this will be the standard for all events.

I just don't see it ever getting "real bad". If even 1 person rolls healer for the instant queue for every 4 DKs, then it evens out. I guess I just have a lot more faith that people are going to stack healers for these events.
    So in that case everyone should level a paladin, druid or monk to 20. That way you can queue for tank/heals/dps and get invited as quickly as possible.

Fuck me in the ass, and lick my balls. Its about god damn time they did this. I never could have my fleet of level capped characters leveled up to do that Holiday boss. Well, I MIGHT finally get that fucking rocket. MIGHT being the operative word.

Finally , something that should have been a long time ago.