Thread: 7.1.5 Choice

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

7.1.5 Choice

FDK or DH? Primarily 2s, BGs

Deleted
    Why not both?

I do think FDK will be nerfed damage wise soon enough though.

Deleted
    unsubscribe. that is the best class at the moment.

DH mana break will be broken, especially in 2's

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeekinator View Post
    Mana Break? More like game break, amirite???
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Mana Break? More like game break, amirite???
    Seriously. Right now its even too strong. People trying to defend it are hilarious. "Hey guys, chaos bolt can hit for 600-700k! So why shouldnt I be able to hit for 1.25 million with a melee ability on a <1 minute cd?"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously. Right now its even too strong. People trying to defend it are hilarious. "Hey guys, chaos bolt can hit for 600-700k! So why shouldnt I be able to hit for 1.25 million with a melee ability on a <1 minute cd?"
    You're not wrong at all, but we've been pretty trash in competitive PvP for the entire expansion, about time we got some love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_Trueskills View Post
    You're not wrong at all, but we've been pretty trash in competitive PvP for the entire expansion, about time we got some love.
    Nice logic bro. So I guess that means Fury Warriors are going to be getting an ability that deals 10 million damage on a 4s CD to make up for the fact that they are the weakest spec right now.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Yeah sorry man, but that's terrible reasoning. "We've been below average in pvp, so we deserve to be buffed to insane broken levels, making it so no one but us enjoy pvp for a while"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guys.. I was just being sarcastic, calm yo' tits.. Of course we shouldn't be broken, but I have no doubts that it'll be fixed as quickly as the Chaos Bolt buff got nerfed.

Sorry, who can DHs actually cast mana break on? No classes that I'm aware of actually lose mana in PvP.

Maybe if you land a bunch of mana rifts, but I still don't see that being more effective than just DPSing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Sorry, who can DHs actually cast mana break on? No classes that I'm aware of actually lose mana in PvP.
    Thats just a blatantly ignorant comment. Mages and warlocks are two classes that have mana that fluctuates, and I have seen a warlock get hit by mana break in its current form for 1.25 million damage.

And if you don't think healers lose mana, then you clearly don't play a healer.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats not how balancing is meant to work.

Thats just a blatantly ignorant comment. Mages and warlocks are two classes that have mana that fluctuates, and I have seen a warlock get hit by mana break in its current form for 1.25 million damage.

And if you don't think healers lose mana, then you clearly don't play a healer.
    I think pretty much every class is able to stay at full mana without trying very hard, and healers in 2v2 certainly don't tend to go OOM.

I think pretty much every class is able to stay at full mana without trying very hard, and healers in 2v2 certainly don't tend to go OOM.
    They sure do in dampening.

7+ Year Old Account
    Arcane mage which might just be the best spec for mages in pvp go oom on a frequent basis in a pvp match. Normal mages can't spellsteal(22% mana on each spellsteal) healers lose usually at least 50% mana in a decent 2s match even more so in 3s, depends on the healer though. But going oom is no rare sight.

I guess that mages aren't the only ones who lose mana, don't know how new ele/enha and some other classes work since they've got new resources.

Enhance goes oom in 2s and 3s, so do ferals. If they're good and using self heals when needed that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rascal Bob View Post
    Arcane mage which might just be the best spec for mages in pvp go oom on a frequent basis in a pvp match. Normal mages can't spellsteal(22% mana on each spellsteal) healers lose usually at least 50% mana in a decent 2s match, depends on the healer and in some matches might even go oom.

I guess that mages aren't the only ones who lose mana, don't know how new ele/enha and some other classes work since they've got new resources.
    Yeah, I don't see a lot of arcane mages in 2v2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Enhance goes oom in 2s and 3s, so do ferals. If they're good and using self heals when needed that is.
    Er, is enhance even vulnerable to mana break? I thought they had maelstrom to replace mana. Ferals are only going to be vulnerable when they're shifted out of form. (and somehow oom?)

- - - Updated - - -

Er, is enhance even vulnerable to mana break? I thought they had maelstrom to replace mana. Ferals are only going to be vulnerable when they're shifted out of form. (and somehow oom?)
    Actually, tbh I'm not sure with them. I know boomkin has 2 bars, mana and the astral power, and feral has energy and mana, so i figured it would be the same. But i'm likely wrong, and it might use maelstrom

- - - Updated - - -

Just asked my enhance mate, they do have a mana bar, healing surge costs mana. Same with elemental. So they're both vulnerable

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that you don't see many doesn't excuse the fact that mana break is a stupid ability with a spec like arcane in the game. Like others have said rets, ferals, enh/ele pretty much all hybrids lose mana when healing. Mages lose mana on dispells probably quite a few more who do. Saying no class loses mana is just blatantly ignorant. Any of those classes actually needs to do off heals and dispells since its pretty much what makes them strong/viable in arena's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rascal Bob View Post
    The fact that you don't see many doesn't excuse the fact that mana break is a stupid ability with a spec like arcane in the game.
    It actually does. Rock paper scissors, and when there are barely any rocks in the game paper pretty much blows, regardless of how good it is against rock.