Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    the amount of people on this forum crying about not being able to get more than 5 legendaries is atrocious. You are not entitled to an rng rare item or should expect tthem.. blizz themselves said they arent needed for any content so chill out. One is already a lot.. they are LEGENDARY items
    Cause it totally feels good to loot worthless utility legendaries and be 10% worse at your role than someone who didn't have terrible luck. Definitely no game design problems there. </sarcasm>

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    Cause it totally feels good to loot worthless utility legendaries and be 10% worse at your role than someone who didn't have terrible luck. Definitely no game design problems there. </sarcasm>
    And at the same time some goober gets BiS dps legendary and still pulls 150k in +10 mythics and raids.

Thanks for the data
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    Should spend less time bitching about legendaries and work on your rotation.

To the OP - awesome post but how did you come up for the KP numbers? Specifically the M+ and are those the real min/max? Seems way lopsided in terms of effort/reward if that is true.
    Last edited by vehx; 2016-12-11 at 01:20 PM. Reason: .

I think I win the best RNG award....just got my 5th legendary last night, only have 160 mythic+ dungeon clears. Have done WQ emissary every day and cleared LFR/heroic/mythic most weeks. 3/5 are top 3 for my class too.....don't you guys love this system?

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    I think I win the best RNG award....just got my 5th legendary last night, only have 160 mythic+ dungeon clears. Have done WQ emissary every day and cleared LFR/heroic/mythic most weeks. 3/5 are top 3 for my class too.....don't you guys love this system?
    Meanwhile 252 dungeons for me + normal/heroic/mythic raiding, ilvl 880 before I finally get my 2nd legendary last week, and neither are a top 3 legendary for my spec. But hey my new alt with 2 days played at 110, less than a dozen dungeons and 30+ ilvls lower got his 2nd legendary less than 2 weeks after hitting 110 just logging in to do emissaries mostly. Seemsgood.. 20x more content/effort for the same reward as my alt and now I find out it's going to become increasingly harder to actually get BIS legendaries on my main since I didn't luck out and get them first, nice system blizz.
    Last edited by darkest4; 2016-12-11 at 03:48 PM.

Correct me if I'm wrong but by looking at these statistics, isn't it possible that one kind of content could not give BLP multiplier? Since people within the sample pool all do multiple kinds of content, is it conceivable that for example mythic+ reward chests at the end of the run don't add to BLP theoretically speaking?

Quote Originally Posted by Zurlie View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but by looking at these statistics, isn't it possible that one kind of content could not give BLP multiplier? Since people within the sample pool all do multiple kinds of content, is it conceivable that for example mythic+ reward chests at the end of the run don't add to BLP theoretically speaking?
    I have the same amount of legendaries as the guy with 3000+ mythic+ clears (he might have 6 I'm not sure)....but yeah it doesn't seem like chain running mythic+ is the best use of your time. It's entirely possible that there's a cap on how much bad luck protection you get from different kinds of content per week. So you may get some from mythic+, some from WQ's, some from LFR, etc.

Deleted
    Yep, and it could be that the diminish return doesn't even exist, but a huge amount of players who spam mythic+. I am more inclined to think that the bad luck protection increases per saves, and mythic+ only counts your weekly best since the bad luck protection is imo something you get weekly rather than on real time (otherwise i find no explanation for the amount of legendaries on wednesdays).

And that would be contrary to what blizzard has stated so i am probably wrong. Or i should be wrong. But it would actually work very well for casuals... hmmm..
    Last edited by mmocc9cfd5da3c; 2016-12-11 at 04:39 PM.

Deleted
    So casuals would be on equal footing with people who play 24/7. That's why AK system exists too. They already increased 1st lege drop chance so we can safely assume that others get increased to as time goes on. Blizzard has done everything to hide the fact that playing a lot will actually give you minimal reward. Diminishing return in current system is obviously dumb but what do you expect from blizzard. It would only work if you could choose which legendary drops. Right now it's still pretty much "soft cap" because after certain amount of legendaries you can spend 24hours a day in mythic+ and still won't get a drop for months.

I have no idea if any of this is right, but i have seen people go back to back days with leg drops. Buddy got one from a heroic boss kill then the next day get a 2nd one from a mythic+. Another guild member got one from his daily and then that night one from a heroic. I know this is only 2 people out of a lot but it just makes me believe RNG is RNG.

I also feel that spamming mythic+ is a waste of time. Crappy sample size and all, but in our guild and my entire friend list, its not the mythic+ spammers that have the most legendaries unfortunately...
    Check out my youtube channel for levelling guides, ancient mana farming spots, mage PoV guides and more!
    Aesthi - Ravencrest EU

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    the amount of people on this forum crying about not being able to get more than 5 legendaries is atrocious. You are not entitled to an rng rare item or should expect tthem.. blizz themselves said they arent needed for any content so chill out. One is already a lot.. they are LEGENDARY items
    Blizz themselves said that Nighthold will be balanced around people having Legendaries so all the dps requirements will be 15% higher than someone without two bis legendaries can possibly do.

Quote Originally Posted by vehx View Post
    Should spend less time bitching about legendaries and work on your rotation.
    Your complete and utter ignorance on this topic is entertaining.

So once you're at 4 legendaries, it's faster to make a new char and farm the first 3-4 than to farm for your 5th legendary?
    Kerathane Main DK

following that KP Calculator, almost with 1200 KP and still 1 legendary

gonna love my luck

Quote Originally Posted by Kerathyl View Post
    So once you're at 4 legendaries, it's faster to make a new char and farm the first 3-4 than to farm for your 5th legendary?
    Yes - and for every successive legendary, the statement still holds. For example, it is equally fast to farm 2 legendaries on an alt vs. farm the 3rd legendary on your main, equally fast to farm 4 legendaries on an alt vs. farm the 5th legendary on your main, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    This is kinda demotivating. Guess what you should have done at the start of the expansion was to level a bunch of characters of the same class side by side and keep the one you had the best luck with.
    And that is exactly what top world first tryhard guilds did, they all had 4-5 characters and whatever character received the bis or 2nd bis became their main.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerathyl View Post
    Nah I wouldn't reroll...or at the least I wouldn't stop playing my main but play an alt at the same time to try your luck there if you want. I truly think there's a time based cap on how many legendaries you get to stop people who spam hundreds of mythic+ from getting them all too quick. Of course blizz is being extremely vague with this system so no one knows how it works even now. But it makes sense. I just got #5 roughly a month after my 4th, doing the same amount of content I've always been doing. I think you'll see a lot more people get #5 in the coming weeks too.

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Nah I wouldn't reroll...or at the least I wouldn't stop playing my main but play an alt at the same time to try your luck there if you want. I truly think there's a time based cap on how many legendaries you get to stop people who spam hundreds of mythic+ from getting them all too quick. Of course blizz is being extremely vague with this system so no one knows how it works even now. But it makes sense. I just got #5 roughly a month after my 4th, doing the same amount of content I've always been doing. I think you'll see a lot more people get #5 in the coming weeks too.
    Of course there is a time based cap too and its extremely sad to see them using such a shady systems, forcing their customers to play more.

Currently i want to reroll another specc but i cannot because i will obtain another legendary in a few weeks/month... This really demotivates me to play. They should use a different system that puts a DR on specc specific legendaries, not on your character. That will make it a lot easier to reroll another specc.

For an example i play Unholy and received Unholy legendary, next Unholy legendary will take longer to obtain. Then if i switch to Frost i can obtain Frost one faster than obtaining a second Unholy one.