ansectral swiftness / heilstorm for mythic+

So, for mythic+, what you guys pick ?

i stick with hailstorm mostly because i dont want to get out of the habit of using frostbrand in raids. But that is my own preference and isn't indicative of which is better by the numbers.

Isn't Hailstorm (that typo in the title though) just better for ST? In Mythic+, ST barely matters. It's almost always cleave or AoE unless you've got Tyrannical.

Deleted
    Depends on affixes and dungeon level, but I do often run them with AS even with the legendary ring.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just stick with Hailstorm since I have both wrist and ring legendary, pointless switching and the results are fine.

Hailstorm 100%.

If you are using AS at all then i feel bad for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    Hailstorm 100%.

If you are using AS at all then i feel bad for you.
    im always using AS, just simmed with both talents, heilstorm(lol) is only doing 3k more dps st. but in aoe fights, which occur more often, AS is better. also AS makes questing easier and faster

i am also lazy, not wanting to respec everytime i do something different

i just find it easier to stay AS

Quote Originally Posted by Omybad View Post
    im always using AS, just simmed with both talents, heilstorm(lol) is only doing 3k more dps st. but in aoe fights, which occur more often, AS is better. also AS makes questing easier and faster

Preach it brother. Couldnt say it better my self.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

I stick with hailstorm so I can provide more focused dps to major targets (enraged, preventing bolstering, general priority) as most the people I run with (usually MM and either a fury warr, ret, or fire mage) do WAY more on aoe pure aoe anyways, but if I'm in a pug or w/e I just look at the comp and swap based on that

also I'm simming about 7% higher with hailstorm ST atm and about that much trying out both on target dummy too

Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    Preach it brother. Couldnt say it better my self.
    So you and @Omybad both think Hailstorm is only 3k DPS increase over AS??....I feel bad for you both =\

So you and @Omybad both think Hailstorm is only 3k DPS increase over AS??....I feel bad for you both =\
    Nop, i dont think so, my sims says something like that but.. those are just sims. Adding one more button to press is something that im not found of and so far.. nobody complains in mythics/raids so im good.
    Both of us didnt said you SHOULD play it, in fact both of us said that we roll with it cause were lazy, not cause its performing better.

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    I stick with hailstorm so I can provide more focused dps to major targets (enraged, preventing bolstering, general priority) as most the people I run with (usually MM and either a fury warr, ret, or fire mage) do WAY more on aoe pure aoe anyways, but if I'm in a pug or w/e I just look at the comp and swap based on that

also I'm simming about 7% higher with hailstorm ST atm and about that much trying out both on target dummy too
    How the hell is Ret doing bigger AoE than you? They sure have great Burst AoE, but ret is famous for having so much Cleave/AoE issues.
    Rets power in fact currently depends only on one trinket FaultyCM if you dont have ANY version of it (like my self) youll be mid on meters, when you get it your DPS will skyrocket simply because its synching so well with wings.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2016-12-11 at 08:45 AM.

thing is i always outdps the other enh shaman and he runs heilstorm. im usually top dps in our raids too, always top 5 atleast, im very happy with AS and i prefer it

also, maybe add a little more to the discussion than feeling bad for people

does he have less uptime than you on boss? does the other shamy have the same gear as you or is he missing certain trinkets that vastly increase our dps?

Deleted
    Really depending on your gear and the situation. Its funny most people use Simcraft on Patchwerk/Elite/ST and read guides from guys who do that also. I feel sorry for them, too
    If you're running low/middle M+ with HS you might feel good, its just not the best setup for me. Especially because i have SA.

Btw. AS is not for AOE imho. AS is for fights with movements. ESL is good for a lot of targets over a period of time e.g. M+2, but there arent barely encouters for that.

How the hell is Ret doing bigger AoE than you? They sure have great Burst AoE, but ret is famous for having so much Cleave/AoE issues.
    Rets power in fact currently depends only on one trinket FaultyCM if you dont have ANY version of it (like my self) youll be mid on meters, when you get it your DPS will skyrocket simply because its synching so well with wings.
    The Ret is clever and had blessings on top DH, DK and Warrior
    Last edited by mmoc86bba682f8; 2016-12-11 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cairne View Post
    The Ret is clever and had blessings on top DH, DK and Warrior
    Dont really know why are those blessings still in game, specially in a form they are now. But yea.. thats usually how it goes, 3x BoM on top 3 DPS and you get ur self ~11% DPS boost by default. But outside of that.. Retri AoE is soo atrocious..

the divine hammer hotfix was fucking fantastic honestly if you must know, it's really helped ret's large-pack aoe a lot along with a newer talent build with it and they're doing great atm on more than 3 mobs now

also ours has the cape, a 870 faulty and a 865 arcanocrystal, 3 crusade relics and I'm MS resto with 27 points in enhance
    Last edited by ryklin; 2016-12-12 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omybad View Post

Why is AS better in AoE? Hailstorm procs from Crash Lightning, which is a massive damage increase. How do you counter that with AS?

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    AS is a DPS increase for me on 3 or more targets so I consistently run it on Mythic + unless its Tyrannical