Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I do like the idea of him being swapped with Fel Lord, but I'm not a fan of the mechanics you suggested.
    I would have never made him the final boss. Mannie into Archie, with Gul'dan escaping, is fine as a lead in to Legion. Grom is, at best, a intro "last 3" boss. He would have been the penultimate "Warlord" boss, but not the final boss of Warlords to lead into real stakes for Legion. Gul'dan HAD to live to give us someone to chase.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    He wasn't switched, Grom was never going to be a boss.
    No they originally planned for it to be Grom hence him being bigged up as the main villain for almost the entirety of the expansion, then at the very end they made the mistake of switching it to Gul'Dan and then Archimonde.

NB: I'm not saying that Grom as the last boss would have been good, just that by advertising it for the whole expansion then playing switcheroo at the end it made the whole thing feel empty because we didn't get to kill him (or even GD as a consolation prize).

To answer the OP, I think he should have been either a raid boss or at least something should have happened to him other than "hey im a good guy now". But really, WoD was clearly just abandoned half way through, which is really fucking sad cause there was so much potential for it and so much content that they never got to, along with butchered storytelling. Deciding to simply avoid trying to explain the time-travel factor was the worst possible cop out cause it just completely breaks the immersion in the story cause nothing makes any sense. We only had 2 tiers of content that was only just shorter than a typical expansion, and got one single zone that had been in the game but completely different, from launch. It's just really sad, such great potential, but failed like cataclysm in storytelling and just not fulfilling that potential. Makes me mad cause I love WoW's story and environments and Tanaan was still a great zone as it is, as was HFC and everything they did implement, just shit story and nothing to do half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Gul'dan was building power. If you had no clue he was going to take over then you do not know your Warcraft. The whole Grom is the last boss was a total troll to the not more Orcs crowd.
    Prior to 6.1 Gul'dan played only a rather small role. He was definetly onto something (especially with the lvl94 questline which appears outside of the garrison), but at this point the Iron Horde was the major threat. The whole reason we went to Draenor was the Iron Horde.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2016-12-12 at 08:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks, we already fought more than enough Orcs as raid bosses, thanks.

We had 4 Orc raid bosses in SoO alone - Korkron, Nazgrim, Malkorok, and Garrosh

Then we had a bunch more in an expansion dedicated to Orc baddies.

And that doesn't even include Orc bosses from previous expansions like Teron in BT and Saurfang Jr in ICC nor the multitudes of Orc bosses in dungeons.

Pretty soon we'll be fighting Gul'dan.

I think we're set on Orc bosses for a bit.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-12-12 at 09:21 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama