Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Listen, as an Affliction Warlock I certainly can understand the Pain of the Tab-Targeting we have right now. But how on earth should the Computer know which Target I want to choose next? They cannot read minds, ya know.

7.1 improved it a little bit, but I mostly use the Mouse now for targeting, you just need a good Name Plates Addon (I like Tidy Plates, neat and tidy )

IMHO a lot of the "Klickers" are dependent on the Tab-Targeting. Switching to the Mouse and Keybindings is the best way to precisely target the Enemies you want, especially if it gets Hectic and fast-paced. It is a hard switch, but worth it.
    It should target all mobs in a defined radius around your character (=max range of your farthest range attack) and priorize mobs near you to the ones farther away, and priorise mobs in combat over mobs not in combat. If you have a group of mobs in combat, like in your typical dungeon situation, it just should cycle through all mobs in the group in the same sequence over and over, only dropping mobs if they are dead. This is what I expect from a functioning tab targeting, and I am by no means a clicker.

Every time I play a dot class or I search for a mob where I want to spellsteal or dispel something which I cannot see because these fuckers are all clustered up unto each other, tab targeting is a swift means to sift through.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    maybe you want to tab target to a ccd target to make sure you can cc it again, or move onto it as your next target
    Oh come on, you really think the default system for tab targeting should bother with that? If you want to easily retarget a mob for CC then thats the place to have focus macros. You really are just here to spout nonsense aren't you? I'd say the number of people who want tab to bring them quickly to a CC target is no higher than the number of forum trolls.

lol what?
    what do you define as highest priority?
    something with aggro?
    something without aggro?
    something with high health?
    something with low health?
    something close?
    something far?
    something strong?
    something weak?
    a player?
    a pet?
    a guardian?
    a totem?
    a neutral mob?
    a aggresive mob?
    What you quoted the player would be able to set the priority to whatever they choose. If the wanted critters at the top priority then those would be on top.

Is being able to customize whatever you want to be top priority or make a list customization by a player really that difficult to understand?

the issue is
    what is your definition of how tab targeting should work?
    closest to middle of the screen?
    closest to furthest?
    treat all mobs as equal?
    or cycle through all in combat, then ones not in combat
    one with highest aggro?
    one with lowest aggro?

how should it work?
    In my opinion, physically closest target to player. Maybe add the criteria of ''in front of the player''.

Nothing else. After all, isn't that the goal of tab targeting, you cycle thru your closest enemies ? A dies, you target B, B dies you target C and so on.

Valid complaint. tab targetting is shiet right now. and it always worked flawlessly

- - - Updated - - -

Threy should only circle around the mobs in combat and always the nearest. if you want to break a cc or chain pull THEN you use mouse over or target it manualy

the issue is
    closest to furthest?
    treat all mobs as equal?
    one with highest aggro?
    one with lowest aggro?

how should it work?
    7 Alliance in front of me, I hit tab 6 times, I shouldn't get the same alliance hunter pet behind me 3 times. Which has been the case for 10 years for me. Has never worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    What you quoted the player would be able to set the priority to whatever they choose. If the wanted critters at the top priority then those would be on top.

Is being able to customize whatever you want to be top priority or make a list customization by a player really that difficult to understand?
    the issue is, setting customization over a default makes devolpment time higher, and bug fixing time longer
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

the issue is, setting customization over a default makes devolpment time higher, and bug fixing time longer
    You caught them, it will take months and months of the entire WoW dev teams dedication and focus for this feature to be fixed and maintained...

Yes, blizzard intentionally broke tab targeting. Blizz literally had a board meeting, and decided "hey you know what, lets break tab targeting" "sounds like a great idea"

This must rank one of the stupidest questions ever asked on mmo-champ

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Najja View Post
    You caught them, it will take months and months of the entire WoW dev teams dedication and focus for this feature to be fixed and maintained...
    ... of corse it wont take months, but setting up 1 style, will be much much faster then setting up a complete customizable one
    im not saying they shouldent fix tab targeting, they should
    just what should it be? and if they choose to give us all the options, it will be awhile before its fixed

Can't say I've noticed an issue with it lately, the latest blue post pretty much confirms that, too.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    So, in 7.1, we actually reverted the tab targeting logic back to what it was prior to Patch 7.0. It should be functioning now exactly like it did during Warlords. I've personally found it much more reliable; if you're still having issues with it, did you have similar issues during Warlords?
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...2625824#post-4

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post

It is not difficult to understand, but you dont seem to consider how difficult it would be to implement from a coding perspective. Unless that priority list is at most one or two items long, it will quickly turn into a massive chuck of code for something that is normally handled in a few small code snippets (tab-targetting). It is a massive chuck of code that would have to be updated on every physics scan (many times per second) and would undoubtedly cause quite a bit of noticeable input lag.

On topic, i do agree the current tab-target has been changed for the worse for some reason which im sure makes perfect sense to blizzard. Im also sure that they will not share that reason with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Target nearest enemy in front of me. Not complicated. It worked wonder SWTOR.
    And other people have said other things.
    There is not significant amount of agreement I would say, let alone a majority.
    No wonder blizzard can't actually address issues if they don't know what the issues are.
    They said they reverted the behaviour, but I am not convinced it works like it did.

The only agreement I tend to see tends to be on spreading and movement.
    That they tend to clump too, often overlapping.
    That they move too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

In 7.1 they changed tab target back to wod modell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    They intentionally broke EnemyGrid so I'd actually say, yes, Blizzard wants tab targeting to be annoying and difficult.
    its almost undoubtedly more complex than you're making it sound.
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

the issue is
    closest to furthest?
    treat all mobs as equal?
    one with highest aggro?
    one with lowest aggro?

how should it work?
    - wait for tab being pressed
    - create a list of all mobs around the player in 2x range of longest ranged attack/spell
    - sort the list by distance of these mobs from a point melee range right in front of the player
    - put mobs not in combat with the player under the mobs that are in combat with him
    - put mobs out of players screen below the mobs on the screen
    - target first mob on the list
    - if tab is pressed again in under 2 seconds, switch to next mob on the list, if not start over

obviously this is unoptimalized, but im sure its enough to feed the troll.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    - wait for tab being pressed
    - create a list of all mobs around the player in 2x range of longest ranged attack/spell
    - sort the list by distance of these mobs from a point melee range right in front of the player
    - put mobs not in combat with the player under the mobs that are in combat with him
    - put mobs out of players screen below the mobs on the screen
    - target first mob on the list
    - if tab is pressed again in under the suggested 3-5 seconds, switch to next mob on the list, if not start over

obviously this is unoptimalized, but im sure its enough to feed the troll.
    that sounds like it would be even more annoying to work with.... creating a list of mobs and such

that sounds like it would be even more annoying to work with.... creating a list of mobs and such
    oh no, the software engineers would have to do something, how horrible...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    oh no, the software engineers would have to do something, how horrible...
    i mean on our side... having this weird list popping up on us when you press tab, also what do you mean 2x range? why would you want to target thing double your range...?

i mean on our side... having this weird list popping up on us when you press tab, also what do you mean 2x range? why would you want to target thing double your range...?
    Why would the list be visible to us? Pretty sure they mean that the game would create a table that it can reference about the mobs around you.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And other people have said other things.
    There is not significant amount of agreement I would say, let alone a majority.
    I don't see any reason for someone to want to target something either behind them or otherwise unattackble while tabbing during combat. These people are either trolling or have very niche needs for targeting that would be better addressed by them making personal macros instead of the basic tab system being tailored to include them.