Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scribbinge View Post
    Sorry for the wall of text, but people who have burned themselves out and take that to mean the game is broken just outright trigger me.

/begin rant

Seriously, if legion hasn't made you happy then nothing will. Go and play another game and take your toxicity with you.
    I had to stop your wall of text right there and reply to these few sentences. First of all, not all people wanting a WoW2 are burned out on WoW1. Let's face it, the social aspects from the olden days are no longer relevant. Many people, including myself, miss those days where your server rep mattered, your guild mattered, and people needed other people. Many aspects of the MMO part of MMORPG are lacking in the 2016 verson of World of Warcraft, and I think its a hasty judgement to just assume people are burned out.

Also,
    take your toxicity with you
    ? I've read most posts on this thread, and most of them aren't toxic. Look, people love the World of Warcraft. It's nostalgia, its memories. They have connections with the characters they've played for so many years. Is it wrong to take that feeling to another platform? Hell, if Blizzard made something crazy like a World of Warcraft FPS, I would play it because I like WoW and everything that goes along with it. It's like saying you grew up playing Super Mario Bros. on the original Nintendo, but you're not allowed to like playing Mario on any other platform than an 8-bit side-scroller.

The reasons why I want WoW 2 is mainly because lvling is totally broken (i am not talking about heirlooms and stuff, but it is story-wise compeletely broken. We start at cataclysm, then TBC and then after that follow 4 more useless xpac-lvling zones) and the game really starts at lvl100.
    The other (probably biggest) issue is that our characters will be basically gods when we go to Argus and (try to) kill the Burning Legion and Sargeras.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2016-12-14 at 01:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Gameplay for many classes has been heavily pruned
    Yes, they had to, players forced them to do this.
    They had to ban paying customers from the game (i think it was a six month ban), because they were caught using combat routines for playing the game.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly doubt we're ever going to see a WoW 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Larodar View Post
    That's the biggest mistake you and the likes of you are making. What's seen in this video is a glimpse at the process of the Warcraft RTS becoming an immersive online world.

Blizzard has to realize that their art is deteriorated without the same level of love (which they highly benefited of during the creation phase of WoW) It's not hard to notice that as an observer since 1.x patches up to date. (just one of the many examples; the amount of popular culture references added to the game, particularly with Cataclysm expansion compared to the Classic WoW quest writing, which renders the latter as pristine as possible)
    WoW has always had tons of pop culture references in it. I think this shows that you are one big phony.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    Okay, so I am going to be honest and say that I did not read most of that.

That said, there is a HUGE danger that Blizzard would face if they were to create a WoW 2 and replace WoW. And that is that it might ultimately give more people a reason to leave rather than to start fresh, thus killing the franchise after a large investment.

Even in the state the game is in now, they can probably retain enough people to make a profit for nearly another decade. This is because so many of those remaining people have a TON of time (years) invested in their characters, which makes it kind of hard to leave it behind.
    I would not mind to start completely fresh if I could have these things as a legacy:
    - My collections of titles, toys, mounts, pets, wardrobe and other cosmetic items which for some silly reasons don't go into such collections (like the skins and on-use-effects of many legendary items from different expansions I have collected); also having "legacy" achievements to show the veteran status.
    - I would also like to have the option to take some starting money with me; don't have to be much, but I am sitting on about 3 million gold now, which I would probably not be able to spend on vanity items to transfer to the next iteration of the game. They would also have to think about all the currencies, like TW badges, which we probably also would like to spend before we go into WoW2.
    - I would want my character names be reserved on a fitting server (in my case, a couple of German RP-PvE servers), and if all my 50 characters would not fit the servers, then I would need the option to sort the characters onto servers once for free, and to be able to tweak their looks and races in the case they make some variations in character design.
    - Having the option to download my extisting characters to a personal client to have some kind of a "private" space where I can roam around the "old world". Single player only, like some kind of a 3D photo album with NPCs and such. (I don't want to play on a "old WoW" private server in such a case, just to clarify.) I would probably even pay money for such a backup.

I just don't know how to handle professions. I have invested much time in these, most of my characters have their profession maxed out at their appropriate level, or are on the way, I have many rare patterns in my collections, and I would miss that kind of achievement if I had to start completely from scratch. Well, if they would rework professions to be similar to LOTRO, or at least GW2, then I would bite.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2016-12-14 at 02:11 PM.

Deleted
    No. Why? Blizzard isn't going to kill of a game that has millions of subscribers and people paying for digital stuff in the cash shop. It'd be a financial disaster.

The doomsayers are getting less creative. First, why would people bother playing a sequel to WoW if they're bored of the original? And second, why would Blizzard will flush over a decade of work down the toilet just to start over again?

"WoW 2" doesn't make sense on any level.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2016-12-14 at 02:20 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate RNG in Legion. I am a min/max player. I loved how I could set goal for gear and work towards it when the RNG was just boss drop. I dislike personal loot somehow... I do not like doing mythic+ over and over. I am also tired of world quests and farming artifact power. For example I could collect ~40k in AP yesterday from broken isles but I said: fuck it! It does not require a lot of time with addon and playing a hunter... but its just boring and repetitive. I also dislike how quick combat pace became in WoW. It isnot an adventure anymore. I wish they kept a lot of mechanics that matter, make mobs difficult again etc. So now Im stuck on 880 ilvl gear and barely want to do anything. We started progressing mythic en and we are 4/7. Not doing those wqs and random daily hc as min maxer I know Im getting behind and I dont like it but I just dont give a shit anymore. Soon Elysium fresh server is coming out so I will play there until Nighthold maybe... then once I clear it on hc and gear up I will unsub and wait for another patch.

Quote Originally Posted by pingasman82 View Post
    No. Why? Blizzard isn't going to kill of a game that has millions of subscribers and people paying for digital stuff in the cash shop. It'd be a financial disaster.
    A WoW2 would *have* to involve keeping WoW1 relevant. I don't think there's any scenario that WoW1 would have to die to make WoW2 work. It wouldn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    The doomsayers are getting less creative. First, why would people bother playing a sequel to WoW if they're bored of the original? And second, why would Blizzard will flush over a decade of work down the toilet just to start over again?

"WoW 2" doesn't make sense on any level.
    A WoW2 would *have* to involve keeping WoW1 relevant. I don't think there's any scenario that WoW1 would have to die to make WoW2 work. It wouldn't.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    WoW 2 would only work with a 100% reset for ALL players, yes it sucks to lose gold/gear/achievements but a new game is a new game, otherwise it'd be another expansion, maybe in a new graphics "skin" . And imo the old game need to be officially shut down for it.

I'd rather see them cut a large number of servers first and remove the automatic (not group finder) CRZ in the current expansion and major cities (its fine in old expansions/vanilla questing).

Then technically with a more balanced server pool they can rework their raid sizes and amount of difficulties.
    Last edited by Teri; 2016-12-14 at 02:25 PM.

To be fair, Cataclysm was as close we'll ever get to "WoW 2" and we all know how that worked out.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Look at the upset from people who can't go back and play vanilla WoW. Creating a WoW2 will cause the same thing.

I don't think the game needs to be redone from the ground up. It just needs some of the systems fixed.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    - Firstly, lets look at Legions elephant, the RNG system:
    Its clear the RNG system has done more damage than good in Legion
    the entire game has always been about RNG. its what keeps the playerbase coming back. we're all kind of addicted to slot machines, but this type of addiction is pixels rolling made up stats etc.
    Hi

Why would they waste a lot of money, resources and manpower into a great game when they can just make hearthstone cards and profit from it?

Oh yes, they'd spend years developing a WoW2 which would essentially be the same thing just so that they can alienate all of us that spent years in WoW.

There are at least 2 more expansions already in the works, and more planned after those. If you're tired of WoW, a WoW2 (it would still be WoW) won't do you any good. Their focus needs to be on those of us that love the game, not the ones that want something else.

So when is the next "WoW killer" coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzull View Post
    I could see a WoW 2 being a huge boost. They can do a lot as well to make sure that people who invested into WoW, won't loose anything major, like gold, and possibly even mounts.
    Then it would just be another expansion.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion tried, and it didnt fail but it did fail to achieve what it needed to to save wow itself. That was to show that WoW still had potential for another 10 years in the eyes of a LARGE portion of its playerbase, which it does "not" while a vast number of players still care for it, the other vast number, have moved on, or are moving on.
    Anecdotal observation of your friends quitting =/= vast number of players "moving on".

I'm not sure about 'wow2' in terms of whether it needs to be the same universe AGAIN. (Even 'after a lot of years', like WH vs WH40k)
    BUT!
    I want 'wow2' as an experience. A new top-quality nextgen mmo from (likely) Blizzard, as many of you as well. Be it SC, Overwatch or something entirely new - just do it right and it'll be a success. I personally think they should expand OW theme (seeing how the game flourished and players ARE interested in that world and lore), but generally even Azeroth 40k will be interesting, just to a lesser extent. People just like new things