Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Quotas isn't the same as trying to get a more proportional representation.
    You are supporting quotas. You seem to think race and gender should be a contributing factor in the hiring process.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Can we talk about the nepotism in thinking everytime you don't get something you want, you blame it on gender, skin color or sexuality?
    Do you even know what nepotism is? Because what you're trying to insinuate here is fucking stupid when it's not even remotely related to nepotism.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    How is it equality if we're saying we must always have 50% this 50% that. Merit be damned.
    Because people wanting to judged on their merit was a damned lie. Make me CEO because a have a vagina/penis, please!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Do you even know what nepotism is? Because what you're trying to insinuate here is fucking stupid when it's not even remotely related to nepotism.
    I do. I'm having fun with it since the word is meaningless.

If nepotism is bad, why play favorites with gender?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I do. I'm having fun with it since the word is meaningless.
    You think the word nepotism is meaningless? Jesus Christ I mean I knew some people exercised some mental gymnastics on this forum, I didn't realise it got this fucking bad lol.

Wow so you don't want underprivileged groups to have a chance of success? That is exactly what these policies are about and I for one support it.
    They have every chance to success, it is called Equal Opportunity. Everybody has the same opportunity, but that does not guarantee that everybody will take or want that opportunity, and those that do might fail.

All these policies do are put minorities at an undeserved advantage because they are believed to not be able to play ball on the current level playing field and need this boost.

Which, is actually a very "ist" thought (insert whatever sex, race, ext before ist).

Its Similar to the voter ID laws in some US states and how the left cry that these laws are racist. Why? Because they literally believe that minorities are unable to acquire a government issued ID and therefore any law that requires an ID to help prevent voter fraud is racist, when in reality the very thought that minorities are too stupid to get an ID by themselves is racist.
    Last edited by Cts53; 2016-12-14 at 05:08 PM.
    Facts don't care about feelings

My website (read my and other's novels here first!) https://www.the-fiction-factory.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quotas isn't the same as trying to get a more proportional representation.
    No they don't necessarily have to be the same thing... But if quotas are the method of obtaining a more proportional representation, then there's a problem.

The way I see it, proportional representation for employment should be representative of the of people who actually want and are qualified for the job - Not representative of all people in the country or a given area. So if 80 men and 20 women all want to be {and are qualified to be} CEOs, and we're at 81% men and 19% women, then that's a good place to be. If it's not, then of course some changes are in order.

businesses that hire on the basis of sex or race instead of productivity do not deserve to be in business

theyll hire unqualified women to do jobs they cant do and sink the company

Deleted
    You think the word nepotism is meaningless?
    The shareholders will have your skinn if you put your incompetent nephew at the wrong chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    You can't fix human nature may as well tag this along with it, it will not make things any worse than they already are.
    I don't agree, I think it can make it worse, I believe it can lead to more resentment.

*on a side note do you really want to work for someone that hates you, but only got the job because they were forced to hire you, seems that would suck too.

You think the word nepotism is meaningless? Jesus Christ I mean I knew some people exercised some mental gymnastics on this forum, I didn't realise it got this fucking bad lol.
    It is pointless since the cure for supposed nepotism is more nepotism.

Can't be that bad.

Since when does owning a vag become more valuable than ability?

I'm sure most women would rather earn their stripes.
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Deleted
    In this context it is.

Yeah no. We don't need one privileged group getting all the top jobs.
    You should try to fix the inequalities that produce whatever imbalances there are in qualifications, not just ignore qualifications. Hiring unqualified people solely because of their gender is a terrible idea that will only widen the inequality in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    You should hire whoever is qualified
    Same should go for college too.

Oh you want to go to this law school close to home? Too bad we met our quota for white males, and need to take this less qualified out of state applicant.

Race or Gender should never be a consideration.
    Take the most qualified in every instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    I don't agree, I think it can make it worse, I believe it can lead to more resentment.

*on a side note do you really want to work for someone that hates you, but only got the job because they were forced to hire you, seems that would suck too.
    I guess we just have to agree to disagree.

* I work and have worked with people who hate me, their feelings are irrelevant to me as long as they get the job done. There will be resentment regardless of how you got the job as some people will feel they deserve it regardless of the situation. I always hated office politics because I am a blunt person and hate when people pretend to be nice to you body language always gives it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    My sister works at an IT center at a major university. She is, arguably, the most qualified person at her job and she frequently works overtime (with pay) during busy times. She was recently passed over for a promotion for a male who had been working there for 5 months less than her and with overall less experience in IT. When she first began her job, her boss was paying her less than all of the other male employees for the same position, but she spoke to HR and she received a raise.

This stuff still happens whether you want to accept it or not.
    Maybe the male had better contacts. Being better at a job doesn't guarantee a position. I was screwed over on a position by a far less experienced person as well, but he knew the manager. If i was a female i could have used the glass ceiling argument. But me being a male and knowing my competition had better contacts kinda put things in a different perspective.

And how do you even know your sister is the most qualified person for that position?

IF she lost out on the position because of her gender then that's disgisting. But not any less disgusting then chosing a female due to her gender over anything else. It's like the old females can hit males but males can't hit females idea. You simple don't hit anyone, regardles of gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    I guess we just have to agree to disagree.

* I work and have worked with people who hate me, their feelings are irrelevant to me as long as they get the job done. There will be resentment regardless of how you got the job as some people will feel they deserve it regardless of the situation. I always hated office politics because I am a blunt person and hate when people pretend to be nice to you body language always gives it away.

fair enough, being the greedy capitalist Pig I am, I believe if a company hires on anything other than the best person for the job, that company should fail, I don't care if it's a man, woman, or anything else about them I would just want who can make me the most $$....

This isn't equality. Its forcing the population to conform to one group's view of how it should look.
    And it's a narrow and misguided view at that, as equal representation isn't necessarily a natural outcome.
    Last edited by Arewn; 2016-12-14 at 06:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hiring or not hiring based on race or gender, regardless of demographics, is discrimination. Period.

Yeah no. We don't need one privileged group getting all the top jobs.
    So being better qualified is "privileged"? Once again proving that you've no real world experience. A job should go to the most qualified person. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    In this context it is.
    No clue why they're discussing nepotism in a gender thread.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-12-14 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    fair enough, being the greedy capitalist Pig I am, I believe if a company hires on anything other than the best person for the job, that company should fail, I don't care if it's a man, woman, or anything else about them I would just want who can make me the most $$....
    I agree with you 100% on that, I am a capitalist pig as well it's too bad the real world doesn't work that way.